New Forum Look

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As you can see, we've been playing with the look of the site with some new colors and a new header. It's not done yet.

I would like to hear thoughts and suggestions from everyone so Geno and I can get a few other perspectives - so - lets hear your thoughts.

Looks great ! Maybe a upfront shot of Geno's TerminVIIIor would be good for the upper right hand corner. Or I could always take a nice shot of the front of my ride. it would fit nice ! :Beer

OH MAN!! Talk about change overnight, the site looks awesome Joey. Love the greeting on the front page. :zgreenbou

I just logged on and right away I was impressed by the new layout of the forum. Lookin good!

Joey, how about this for an idea. add some flash to the site, like having the LvC logo drop down from the top, then slided over to the right... while its slided over to the right, have some cars ( of course it is your choice ) end up there, its kinda hard to explain typing, but i hope you understand what im getting at! looking good BTW too...

here is an idea......

I'm a member of camaroz28.com, and for thier smiley options, they have a seperate pop up box. This saves you from having to scroll ALL the way down to hit the submit button. I think it would be a handy feature to have.

The most commonly used icons, are placed as normal, but if you weant more, you have to click a link, that brings up the rest.

Just an Idea. Mike

Search engines dont like flash.

JoeyLincolnMK8 said:
Joey, how about this for an idea. add some flash to the site, like having the LvC logo drop down from the top, then slided over to the right... while its slided over to the right, have some cars ( of course it is your choice ) end up there, its kinda hard to explain typing, but i hope you understand what im getting at! looking good BTW too...

We have the same thing. Go to USER CP - EDIT OPTIONS ten scroll all the way down and under MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS choose ENHANCED INTERFACE

94m5 said:
here is an idea......

I'm a member of camaroz28.com, and for thier smiley options, they have a seperate pop up box. This saves you from having to scroll ALL the way down to hit the submit button. I think it would be a handy feature to have.

The most commonly used icons, are placed as normal, but if you weant more, you have to click a link, that brings up the rest.

Just an Idea. Mike

94m5 said:
here is an idea...... for smiley options, have a seperate pop up box. This saves you from having to scroll ALL the way down to hit the submit button. I think it would be a handy feature to have. Mike

I like Mike's suggestion on the Smilies... Also when you add them the text for some reason pops back to the top... Little nonsense... But Site is looking Great!
:Beer :Beer :Beer !!! NICE WORK JOEY AND GENO !!!! :Beer :Beer :Beer

I dunno why, but I see 2 pics of the chick when I enter the homepage. You may want to delete one of the chick pics and place maybe a pic of the members car when they log in next to ..." Welcome to ..... Stra Dog".

There prolly is a way to do it when the member logs in the server places a pic from the members garage, whichever one they prefer.

Just a thought, may a bit too complex tho. Maybe a pic in the upper right hand corner ?

Just an idea, there were several pics of the new Mark LT and the OCC Lincoln Bike that looked really nice together. The color of the border is very similar to the color of both the bike and truck... If positioned properly it may look good in it's place.

Just a couple ideas.

Thanks for telling me that stra dog - you werent suppose to see 2 girls - that was a goof on my part. Should be fixed now.

Joeychgo said:
As you can see, we've been playing with the look of the site with some new colors and a new header. It's not done yet.

I would like to hear thoughts and suggestions from everyone so Geno and I can get a few other perspectives - so - lets hear your thoughts.

I think the User CP button or link should be down closer to the forums instead of up at the top. It should also be bigger.

Smilies should be in a drop down or popup menu.

94PumiceMkVIII said:
Smilies should be in a drop down or popup menu.

Go to USER CP - EDIT OPTIONS ten scroll all the way down and under MISCELLANEOUS OPTIONS choose ENHANCED INTERFACE

It looks good i saw it last night and i did like it when there were two girls, Joey a rear view of that T-Shirt that the lady is modeling would be nice. :cool:

Joeychgo said:
Thanks for telling me that stra dog - you werent suppose to see 2 girls - that was a goof on my part. Should be fixed now.

Looks alot cleaner now and as before, looks great ! :Beer

Wait til you see the new version I am working on now. BLOWS this to pieces. I do not like the wine red and the blue eventhough I made it. It doesnt blend and look clean to me at all. The one I am doing is hot, stay tuned.

ONEBADMK8 said:
I do not like the wine red and the blue eventhough I made it. It doesnt blend and look clean to me at all.
Me neither. Red and blue suck together unless they are on the flag!

Heres the banner Im messing with. Each time you log on or refresh you will see a different car on the right. Veryclean, easy on the eye, but most of all bada$$!

Enjoy.

lvcbannernew1.jpg

ONEBADMK8 said:
Heres the banner Im messing with. Each time you log on or refresh you will see a different car on the right. Veryclean, easy on the eye, but most of all bada$$!

Enjoy.

lvcbannernew1.jpg

Now there you go. I told Joey that Lincoln and Caddy colors are white, pewter, silver and black. The site should reflect the image portrayed by the parent companies, blended together. Class, not gaude..............imho.

Members online

Back