New Exhaust Pics

Lof'n-L. Go find mommy.

..''two years developing so that this system would do exactly as it does'' .. What, make money? Tell me, what's the point of charging more for an extra X pipe that isn't needed and only adds weight? Oh, making money, duh..

And, Ken, why would you pay 800 on exhaust, on a 'stock' mark viii? If I spend 800 bones on exhaust, it's going to be a modded car. And it's going to be mandrel.

10,000 fools are still 10,000 fools.

My Mother died in 88, thanks for that comment.

Two years trying every combination we could come up with to have a great balance of power, torque sound and interior noise levels (drone).

We tried 2.25 pipe with an H, then one X, then we tried 2.5 inch with an H then an X then 2 X's then one big 3 inch into duals as well as MANY MANY mufflers..etc.

Sure we make money on it, I am in business.
Everyone and anyone who sells anything makes money on it I would hope.
If not then what's the point?

The added x pipe doesn't add weight it is still the same length and amount of piping if there were two seperate pipes just next to each other, in reality they are a hair lighter then two pipes next to each other because there is a hole where they intersect.

Ken paid $800.00 for a tried and proven system, he actually was the FIRST one to PROVE and he knew he was getting a quality system that WORKED in ALL aspects as well as a 10 year warranty on the welds, pipes, hangers and workmanship plus a LIFETEIME warranty on the critical components.

Again you will pay far more for mandrel with no real gains unless your boosted/nos or big NA power. (reread the whole post)

I hope this helped.

3 tenths is three tenths.

Geno, please ignore them.

This guy shows how naive he is just by the fact of comparing a N/A 4.6L to a turbo'd Miata. If the guy/kid knew anything about cars then he would know, just like you said it's apples to oranges. Any boosted car will show gains from having any part of the exhaust modified for a more free flowing app.

The size of the piping, even with crush bends (god forbid) is more than enough for an engine pushing only 300hp. Maybe mandrels would matter if the Mark was supercharged and even then, negligible since the piping is still probably large enough to accomodate it.

And there is no shop in the world that will sell an exhaust like Geno's, the quality of Geno's (whether mandrel or crush bent), with the warranty Geno sets forth for half of what he charges. Probably not even 3/4 what he charges.

If you think mandrel bending is so important to you then go out and have some custom mandrel bent exhaust made up and tell us your gains when your done. I can guarantee you'll be thinking when all is said and done that for the price you paid, you could've had parts installed that actually do make a difference.

crush bends? i'll pass

oh puhleeze. jumpin in late but if that car had a major power adder yeah i can see it making a difference but it doesn't, it's still got a great exhaust system, and the guy likes it.

geno is correct. if i had the cash i would have one of his rigs under my car right now.

Wow! I got a headache now.
000201C7.gif

i cant believe what some people will argue over until they are blue in the face. mandrel this crushed that, pipe is pipe, it serves a purpose, to get exhaust gasses out of the engine, on a stock mark VIII, which in no means is any kind of exotic sports car that you dropped 100g's on, you would have to be either a complete moron, or just have way more money than brains to waste on mandrel exhaust. who the hell sees the exhaust anyway, unless your mark VIII is so fast and bad ass that it stands on the rear bumper everytime you take off, showing off your sweet mandrel exhaust. you guys really want to keep argueing about pieces of pipe?

Okay, apart from this whole mandrel vs crush argument (I'm staying out of this one)...

I have a thing for stainless... I'm just hot happy with galvanized (maybe it has something to do with Michigan winters where they lay so much salt on the road, it tastes like someone salted the air). Everyone (okay maybe not EVERYONE) knows that due to the properties of 300 series stainless, and to a great extent, 400 series stainless... it must be mandrel bent (or it collapses upon itself). So on to my question... since I assume you do not have a mandrel bender (or you'd bend your system with mandrel and then no one would complain)... Would it be possible to have you do up a kit with pre-bent 300 series stainless? I suppose an even better question would be... do you have a TIG welder (for the stainless)?

I mean I can always take a car with various bend pieces and straight length pipe to the local fab/welding shop and have them make me something; but it's easier to have pipes in maybe 2/3 sections show up in your mail than explaining all of the details in pipe routing and fitment to the fabricator.

Okay, apart from this whole mandrel vs crush argument (I'm staying out of this one)...

I have a thing for stainless... I'm just hot happy with galvanized (maybe it has something to do with Michigan winters where they lay so much salt on the road, it tastes like someone salted the air). Everyone (okay maybe not EVERYONE) knows that due to the properties of 300 series stainless, and to a great extent, 400 series stainless... it must be mandrel bent (or it collapses upon itself). So on to my question... since I assume you do not have a mandrel bender (or you'd bend your system with mandrel and then no one would complain)... Would it be possible to have you do up a kit with pre-bent 300 series stainless? I suppose an even better question would be... do you have a TIG welder (for the stainless)?

I mean I can always take a car with various bend pieces and straight length pipe to the local fab/welding shop and have them make me something; but it's easier to have pipes in maybe 2/3 sections show up in your mail than explaining all of the details in pipe routing and fitment to the fabricator.

We could but it is too much work, we have to kill a lift for a day plus because we need to take a Mark, make the system, then cut it up, re install the Marks original setup, then package and ship it. Too much lanbor and lift time especially since we have only one lift.

For $800.00 I would expect better looking pipes/bends as well. Just not all that clean looking under the car IMO.

The mandrell vs. regular bends wouldn't bother me as much, it's just that the angles & bends look a little sloppy to me for that kind of money. I know better could be had for less money.

For $800.00 I would expect better looking pipes/bends as well. Just not all that clean looking under the car IMO.

The mandrell vs. regular bends wouldn't bother me as much, it's just that the angles & bends look a little sloppy to me for that kind of money. I know better could be had for less money.

i think that the 800 is more for the fact that its a tried and true system (i think the only one for our car) ; i'm sure theres shops out there who could do some crazy looking exhaust setup with absolutely perfect bends, but you'd never really know what it was going to sound like until it was finished.... i think people pay for it because they know its going to sound good and adds some power, and it seems to get great reviews from the end users!
I've never heard the system personally, but frankly it has 2 to many mufflers for my tastes :)
I'd like to hear it in person some day- i dont think the commercials playing through my little laptop speakers give a good idea haha
Looks good enough for me though! i never put cars in shows so the underside is the least of my concern

Members online

No members online now.
Back