New car buyers

Probably offered by a butthurt cad-you-lunk pusher.

I've got 153 K miles on my '02 with no more than regular maintenance.

KS

This car ranges from 9 to 15 years old.. I and I think most are not worried much about resale value. Take care of your car and it will take care of you. :cool:

Yeah, nothing new.

That is a really good study though, I've read a lot of articles from the creator. Only thing that hinders it is the smallish sample sizes.

The lowest powertrain defect year is 2002<3

And yet I'll still be doing the timing chain tensioners this spring. I don't think people who own an LS for more than 6 months are the same group of people who revolve around retaining resale value...

So look like 2002 LS V8
... BUT why go by pretty little graphs that anyone can make up.

I gotta fix my and get the title back before i can sell it.. Only had it 2 days and the ats light keeps flashing and the check engine light is on.. have 2 codes,,

Why? They were updated in 02. Or late 01.

Late 02. September 2002, to be exact. Mine was built May 02. Looking back at pictures, I know for a fact I have the red plastic tensioners.

P3158311.jpg

P3158311.jpg

I always thought it was completely fixed on the 02s and on the late 01s.

Not sure how accurate this is. http://www.lincolnsonline.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-35890.html

I just assumed updated chains meant new tensioners.

If you look at the very next post, you'll see:

Sep 01 - V8: Cam chains changed to eliminate resonance (whine)

which doesn't sound like it was the tensioners they changed. I can't find where I saw the 9/02 info, but I can tell you my 5/02 has plastic

Don't forget Frank, the runner guides will always be made from that hard plastic, it was the body of the tentioners that went all metal. In the plastic older units the crack always developed right down the middle of the body where a spring clip sits.

tensioner_cracked.jpg

picture_php_pictureid_5879_71e0ce52718b8db5db1af5830d5e1f4b22ef9d33.jpg

Then there is this nightmare where the top of the guide has come loose and mangles it way into the gears.

IMG_3791.jpg

replacement:

s-replacing-upper-cam-chain-tensioners-1st-2-threads-left-bank-new-metal-tensioner-rear-view-jpg.jpg

EDIT - - - - I find this link to a JAG forum a real good read, http://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...r-cam-chain-tensioners-2-post-pics-how-52653/

IMG_3791.jpg

picture_php_pictureid_5879_71e0ce52718b8db5db1af5830d5e1f4b22ef9d33.jpg

You almost gave me hope... But I think by having a red guide means its still the plastic shaft body. Plus, I see more red further down. I'll have to check my other picture when I get home to see if I can see it any better

Members online

No members online now.
Back