New BB stroker going in

DonLino

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Well the manual 93 broke a valve spring so the engine is getting rebuilt (150,000) miles. Parts include:

Heads ported and polished by Sherm Taylor.
Shortblock built by VT
-5.2 stroker crank
-manley h beams
-cp pistons, 10.5cr .020 over
-VT stage 2 cames with comp harware
-cobra intake
-ARP hardware

These are the basics, hopefully this engine will make 400rwhp. Should end up being 5.3-5.4L. After this 3.73 and trak lok along with a walbro 255 pump. Originally we were going to just rebuild it but decided might as well go for broke. The stroker should give the ol' pig all the torque it needs and the port and cobra ought to give us insane top end. I can't wait, engine is coming out tonight. I'll keep all you guys updated, this will be the most insane mark on the streets bar Genos tasca and ponyfreaks turboed mark.

Here in just a little bit (after the paint is done), I'll eventually have a 5.2 longblock sitting in the garage with a set of t66's to go on the front. Ponyfreak is gonna be running a few hundred HP less then me when I'm done.

This is going in my 95 along with a set of 4.56's and a T56 to bring the rpms down on the highway. Your gonna have to have ALOT more than 400 RWHP to keep up with joe, geno, or me once it's done.

You also need to keep in mind, that there are ALOT more VIII guys in the country than just on the 3 BIG boards. I have seen some street driven marks that would make your head spin......and the guys are hardly EVER on the net.

By all means get the project done, but your gonna need more than your stated goal to keep up in the war. :D

Mike

Last edited:
Woah buddy I said it will be one of the fastest bar geno and ponyfreak. Those guys got some sick rides, I know. You got any pics of your engine? Out longblock should be shipped to VT by the end of next week. I wish some of these fast street marks you speak of were around here. All we got is old POS's that are falling apart. Twin turbo stroker sounds like fun, what you gonna do about the irs?

I'll keep all you guys updated, this will be the most insane mark on the streets bar Genos tasca and ponyfreaks turboed mark

You did'nt say ONE of the the fastest. you said "THE most insane". No big deal, tho, it's all in how you read it I suppose.

Regarding the TT stroker....no, I don't have pictures of it right now. I'm waiting untill I have everything ready to start the project. I'm right in the middle of the 95's repaint, and don't want to get to many things going at once.

I just bought a "new" 98 LSC, and feel that 3 cars + a total repaint is enough for now. Anyway, Sorry to break balls about the 400 RWHP, but you will need more than that to be on the top rung in the VIII world. one day I'll be there, but not right now.

Oh yea, we have ALOT of nice cars here, not nesicarily (sp) "old POS's that are falling apart". Alot of people here take pride in thier cars, and spend what they can afford on them. I don't expect anything less, nor do I expect anything more from the fine people here on LVC!. :D

Take care guys....

Drunken mike....Out.

with 400rwhp you should take the supemark, and ponyfreaks car aint running right or something cause he is only putting 330+ to the wheels, I think he said it was the trans

Pony freak said the trans and converter are screwed up, said it was sucking enough air to make 600+hp.

Well 94m5 I'm glad you have such nice cars around your area and I know the few thousand people that own mark8's (out of what 120,000 cars made) that post on the message boards have great cars. Maybye I should clarify, this should be the fastest N/A mod motor (no mountain motors here!) mark in the country. That is the plan at least, hopefully these motors make as much power as everyone claims they do. It seems no one wants to stick to n/a on these, perhaps because of the ease of blowing them. Oh well, alls well as long as its a mark8!

BTW how do you like that gen2?

I would'nt know yet.

I'm flying out of STL at 6 A.M. and arriving in Boston at 12:00. From there I'm driving to brentlans house and spending the night. Next morning, a quick stop at debi's house and well be on our way home.

a nice 1300 mile road trip is perfect for getting to know the car. :)

Mike

Wait just one freaking Second....

Last time I heard or saw there was no turbo'd marks??? Can somebody enlighten me?

I searched and came up with bupkiss. I know that Ponyfreak had mean car on the other board when it was supercharged but now he has a turbo car? And I know that Unstoppable was trying as well but his car domain site hasn't been updated lately. Where are you putting the turbo? How big?

I'm sorry bout all these questions but I previously thought this was impossible!

Alot of people thought a manual transmission was impossible in these cars. :)

There is plenty of room in front for a pair of decent sized "hairdryers". If you take a look at the other site, there is a thread regarding his white car. Pretty badass, except for the fact its gutted, and hardly retains any luxury features.

Mind you, thats just fine, it's just not what I would like to do.

Mike

I would probably get banned for posting the link but suffice to say he is just running a blower for now, turbo comes later. As much as I hate turbos I would love to have a t-56 700hp tt car. That is about the ultimate lincoln right there. Its a good thing we got people like pony and 94m5 to do this stuff. Most of the lincoln guys seem scared of modding their cars, I know when we swapped the t-45 in we just did it. The green car will be one of the first to have a brand new rebuilt engine it with some hot parts. Hopefully some more guys start doing serious mods.

DonLino, the big bore stroker engine sounds hot, keep us updated.

I originally had the same plans, DonLino; but the cost-to-results ratio caused me to reconsider. Good luck with the project...

DonLino said:
Its a good thing we got people like pony and 94m5 to do this stuff. Most of the lincoln guys seem scared of modding their cars, I know when we swapped the t-45 in we just did it. The green car will be one of the first to have a brand new rebuilt engine it with some hot parts. Hopefully some more guys start doing serious mods.

I think what holds many back are the costs. There are not alot of mods that provide results unless you have done several of the mods. You shouldnt put a power adder on without doing an engine build to improve the crank (among other things) which will run you $4-$5 grand (not including the power adder) -- now - youve jumped out the window and done that, and guess what? Your tranny probably should be redone - 2k more. Not only redone, but done with a high stall torque converter. Etc etc etc.

Short of gears, you wont notice much of a speed increase from most mods. Things like the cold air box or a chip do help, but your not going from 14s to 12s on that.

The 4.6 modular engine really has limitations because of finances, and not many people will spend $15k to get their car into the 11s. Many cant afford it. Now, you can do it for alot less by finding a cobra engine in a wreck, and using nitro instead of a SC, but it still inst cheap. - Which is unfortunate.

DonLino said:
I would probably get banned for posting the link

Not here. I have never banned someone for posting a link except the occasional spammer who only wants to tell us all about his great insurance company or penial growth enhancement machine. I believe if you have a link that helps a member here - by all means post that link... We're here to exchange information and help each other.

I want all the info I can get on Turboing a mark...

I am VERY curious and interested!

Please post all the information that you know of... I searched here and a couple of other places but I am still not getting anything substantial!

Ohhh and sorry about hijacking your thread...

Stack said:
I want all the info I can get on Turboing a mark...

I am VERY curious and interested!

Please post all the information that you know of... I searched here and a couple of other places but I am still not getting anything substantial!

Ohhh and sorry about hijacking your thread...

No different than turboing any other mod motor. Unless you plan on running 8lbs or less you need forged internals. I would it anyways, get a built motor and valvetrain. I would assume you could use the stock intake with a little work but I would rather use the sullivan intake. It's already set up for a turbo setup and it rocks. You will be going into uncharted waters and will have to custom fab a lot of parts, nothing is bolt in.

Update on motor: Its down at the machine shop, should be done in two weeks. All the bearings looked fine and none of the valve springs were broke. Oh well, it needed a rebuild. To save money for the cobra the final solution is stock crank (saves money of having to buy new 8bolt clutch) manley h beams, probe pistons (probably just .10 over, just going to clean up the bores) new valves and springs of course as well as re-grind cams (.450lift, thats all I remember) and stock intake with lt headers. Decided to keep engine a little mild to save money for modding the cobra. Oh well, it will still be fast.

turbo

I have been working on my turbo mark for about a month now. It will be just a single t70, not going with twins. It will be done by spring time I hope. Like said earlier I think it is the exspense of the mods that limits what is done to most marks.

Sounds badass, what are you doing to the engine? I will admidt these engines cost a good bit more than a pushrod motor, but they are superior IMO. Next thing to worry about is breaking the half shafts!

EDSVIII said:
I have been working on my turbo mark for about a month now. It will be just a single t70, not going with twins. It will be done by spring time I hope. Like said earlier I think it is the exspense of the mods that limits what is done to most marks.

I not sure if you are the same guy over on modulardepot.com but there is a guy that is also in the process of doing a tt mark 8 and another guy one the same bored doing a 5.0 stroker.. you also have scott w/ his 93 or 94 700hp mark 8 too..but you cant forget the other scott when ever he get done w/ goldbird...he will be adding a kenny bell blower on his 98'

i've thought of getting a tt but the cheapest kit i found for a mustang is 4g's.... not including rebiulding motor and tranny and install....some company will do a install for free if its a first time kit.........94m5 is right there are alot of guys not on the net that have fast mark's 03-04 cobra motors i think are cheaper then getting tt's ....and with a little tune, tweeking here and their you got your self 500-600 hp mk8

You should check out PoneyFreak as he is in the process of creating a Kit for turbo and the accessories needed to do a system. He is on the other website.

Members online

No members online now.
Back