New 2000 Continental owner

priestview

LVC Member
Reaction score
I came across this link on the LMS site and thought I'd try it for info. I've done some mods to my F-150 4.6 and am familiar w/ the modular engines. Don't see many HOT FWD vehicles, though. I'd like to get some opinions about the transaxle on this car before I start engine mods. This car has 88k now and everything seems fine, although I did find the "2nd Shift" vac. hose disconnected from shift lever under console. I first thought it might be a climate control line and plugged the leak. Later I removed the shift lever bezel and found the connection, but I didn't notice an immediate diff. I notice some trans stutter when cold but it goes away when warm.
The trans in my truck does not respond to shift firmness changes through add-on chips. What about this transaxle? Can it be manipulated electronicly?
With mods, will it hold up to being pushed by 300-400 HP and 300Lb/ft +?

Welcome! Their is a shift improver kit for the trans, and the shift points and firmness can be fixed with a programer. Everyone says the trans won't hold many horses. I'd start with a 80mm MAF from LMS, remove the airsilencer, and split the exhaust into dual with a x-over if you can find someone to do it. 03 cobra cams if you can come across them (and have C heads) a P&P job also. Good tune with some dyno time, they can turn off your 3rd o2 sensor off for the exhaust split. The trans will hold it, I don't know for how long. 50-75 shot of nos if you needed more. 75 might require fuel management upgrades.

Thanks ground_zero298 for the info. W/ 88k on this trans I'm sure it won't hold up to all of that now. I'll just ride w/ 88mm MAF/cold air, and possibliy a chip for now while I search and learn. When the trans is ready to go I'll beef it up for the other stuff. There's a guy in N.C who does only Ford trans and controls. I'll start there with tranaxle info and get my other stuff from LMS. A link to him is below if you want to check him out.
http://www.becontrols.com

Members online

No members online now.
Back