Need Steering Wheel Help

RequestingFlyBy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I recently purchased a wood steering wheel and I am trying to install it. Everything is unhooked and unscrewed, I just can't figure out how to use the steering wheel puller. I didn't get any directions with it, and can't find any online. I got a series of bolts with it, but can't seem to make it work. I tried just pulling on the steering wheel, but it won't come off. Please help me get the wheel off so that I can install the new one. If there is a specific wheel puller I should be using let me know. Any help please. Thanks.

Mike

It should be a two-phrong unit.

you remove the center bolt (50 torx IB) holding the steering wheel on.

the center 'screw bolt' of the hub puller sits in there - I usually put a 10mm socket in there and the hub bolt sit on it.

one phrong hooks under the top of the steering wheel hub, the other hooks under the bottom

then keep turning the center bolt out until the wheel 'pops' off

look at the first picture in this -> http://www.lskoncepts.com/Steering Wheel Removal.pdf

Yeah.....my steering wheel puller doesn't look like that one. I have the wrong one then. Thanks Quick.

Ran into another problem. I got the right tool and replaced the steering wheel. After I tighten the center torx bolt, I notice a small 1/4 inch gap between the steering wheel and the column. I never noticed it before the swap. I need to know if this is always there and I never noticed, or is the steering wheel not on all the way? I have tightened it as tight as I can get it thinking it would push itself in when tight with no luck. Any help from someone who has done this swap would be appreciated. Thanks.

Here are a couple of pics to show what I mean. It doesn't look right, but then again I never took notice. And to beat everyone to the punch, I'll clean my vents when I get this straightened out. TIA.

2006_05040013 (600 x 450).jpg

2006_05040017 (600 x 450).jpg

Hey Fly By do you think you can help me taking my steering wheel off on my lincoln LS 2002. I need to change the Clock Spring. If you can please tell me what you start with to take the horn button and all of that plastic off that would be great. Also is it dangerous to take it off because of the air bag and what safety precautions should be taken. I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

sry it doesn't add it as a full link. look at reply #2 by quick

That link that quick posted was the exact directions I used for my exchange. Just make sure you wait long enough to disengage the airbag. That was my biggest concern.

Great thanks guys!!!!!! Now can anybody tell me where i can buy a Wire harness for my Lincoln LS 2002? I see that most of you have some bad ass looking Lincolns and I'm sure that you have custom sound systems. thank you.

Great thanks guys!!!!!! Now can anybody tell me where i can buy a Wire harness for my Lincoln LS 2002? I see that most of you have some bad ass looking Lincolns and I'm sure that you have custom sound systems. thank you.

ebay or any well stock audio store

Members online

No members online now.
Back