Need some Opinions on two 2005's

Waltzy

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum but have been searching on here a lot over the past few weeks. I'm currently looking at two different LS's.

One is a 2005 LS, Black with black leather (My favorite combo)
V8 sport model, sunroof, spoiler, but that's were the options stop (no wood grain, Nav, heated/cooled seats...)
66,000 miles on the car, 2 owners.
I drove the car, it drives nice, but it will need new front brakes, possible new rears as the front rotors are warped.
$8,000 (private seller, talked him down from near $10k)

The other LS is a 2005, Silver/Black leather
V8 Ultimate, every option except for Nav and rear spoiler. This car also has the 8-spoke chrome wheels.
81,000 miles
2 Owners
$8,000 (dealer asking price, could probably get it for less)
Have not driven this one yet.

I'm curious as to what you think of the prices on these cars. Is $8k still too high for the base model V8 i'm looking at even though it has only 66,000 on it? Please help educate my noob self, I realize both of these prices are below KBB and NADA currently.

so the 1st one is the sport model well all the v8 2nd gen are sport but I would go with that one. the heated and cooled seats aint that big of a deal well atleast for me. if you had some pics we can jugde them better.

Is the black on black LS you speak of an LSE by chance? Or did someone add the spoiler to it?

Wonder if that's what he ment by sport.

Does it have round fog lights or rectangular?

Did you check if either has the stock HID's? Just my .02 if you're looking at 2005's you might as well look for a 2006.

Wonder if that's what he ment by sport.

Does it have round fog lights or rectangular?

All gen II V8s are sport.
Only the LSEs and the 2006s had the round fogs. I'd much rather have the plastic rectangular fogs. After the third or fourth broken round glass one, I just stopped replacing them and left them broken on my 06. The rectangular ones on my 04 are still fine.

Did you check if either has the stock HID's? Just my .02 if you're looking at 2005's you might as well look for a 2006.

Counter to that, at least the two 2005s mentioned still have coil warranty. It's run out on all of the 2006s.

All gen II V8s are sport.
Only the LSEs and the 2006s had the round fogs. I'd much rather have the plastic rectangular fogs. After the third or fourth broken round glass one, I just stopped replacing them and left them broken on my 06. The rectangular ones on my 04 are still fine.

Yeah...was saying to the above poster about the LSE/spoiler/sport thing.

I like the rounds visually at times...i can go either way.

Oh, I thought that was one of the things that made it an LSE. Didn't realize it was an option for non LSE vehicles.

Anyone can add one. I added the Wings West spoiler, many have added other models.

We still need pictures to make an educated guesstimate.

The other LS is a 2005, Silver/Black leather
V8 Ultimate, every option except for Nav and rear spoiler. This car also has the 8-spoke chrome wheels.
81,000 miles
2 Owners
$8,000 (dealer asking price, could probably get it for less)
Have not driven this one yet.

Hmmmmm......Every option except ERPA, adjustable pedals and who knows what else.

Hmmmmm......Every option except ERPA, adjustable pedals and who knows what else.

Yeah, it's missing a lot. One of my peeves is when the description is "loaded" or "all options" and it is far from having all the options or being loaded.

Yeah, it's missing a lot. One of my peeves is when the description is "loaded" or "all options" and it is far from having all the options or being loaded.

I guess if a car has leather it is "loaded" and has "all the options". :bash: :slam

Nice Detective work! Those are the two cars i'm looking at. I'm leaning more heavily towards the black car. I know one of you said $8k is too much for this car even though KBB value in fair condition is $8400.

What do you all think is a fair price for the black base V8?

PS- Didn't realize the silver car is missing so many options :slam

There's a website you can go to that will decode the VIN to determine exactly what options the car came with. Since I'm logged in on my iPhone I cannot provide it to you right now, but I'm sure someone else can.

Anyone can add one. I added the Wings West spoiler, many have added other models.

We still need pictures to make an educated guesstimate.

Well I knew that. I was just wondering if it was an LSE or not.

I like the wheels on the silver car, the black one has that ugly spoiler and the wheels are blah.

Counter to that, at least the two 2005s mentioned still have coil warranty. It's run out on all of the 2006s.

True. I thought about that before I bought mine but had to go 06 for the front end.

The black one has paperwork for repairs & oil changes which is good. Go with whatever you want, it's your money.

Members online

No members online now.
Back