Need Part number for IMRC Actuators for 93-95 MK8

96_Lincoln_LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
I am doing a project that involves rebuilding a defective IMRC Actuator for my 96LSC.
I have been able to sucessfully seperate my IMRC actuator and found the diaphram pitted and with several holes... so now i want to sabatoge a (NEW) IMRC actuator from a 93-95 MK8. to get the diaphram to use. anyone know where i can either order or get the part from. I check rockauto, they no longer list the part.

Ideas? location... I dont want used.. only new old stock or direct replacement.

Hell if anyone has sucessfully replaced the rubber on the diaphram then if you can msg me with some details... that would even be awesome..

If I sucessfully get this accomplished I may even have a way to safely repair other 96 IMRC actuators for members... its quite simple.. (and only if the diaphram is the problem.. if the electrionics are bad I cant help. I dont have parts for the tops...)
Wish me luck.

Last edited:
96 is a bastard year. It uses the vacuum based individual canister type actuator, with the electronic switch on top.

yea Im looking for the 93-95 actuator... Im rebuilding that PITA one for my 96...
They should be avail. I would think since they are not 1 of a kinds...

The 97-98 are cable driven so no vacuum actuator.. but the 93-95 are and they only have the vacuum. thats what im looking for.. actually either the part number or a place that may sell it..

Bill

I never noticed then on my 95 before but if I see a part #, I'll post it up. I'm sure if there was something for the 96 that would work from the 93, 94, 95, it would be listed but I haven't seen anything.

No its still going to be a 96 IMRC Actuator that has both Vacuum and Electrical connections .. know what pics are worth thousand words...

Pics coming soon.

Bill

Pics Below

2012-05-30_13-30-44_969.jpg

2012-05-30_13-32-14_852.jpg

2012-05-30_13-31-40_829.jpg

2012-05-30_13-31-19_561.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I know there are scratches on the top cover but there are no cracks.. its solid.. i have found a better way to seperate this unit and allow for cleaner look.
But you get the idea..
Sapperfire did this long time ago.. dont know if he's still trying or not .. I have a need and out of that comes a method that should work.. but here are the pics for it anyway...

Bill

PS I did use scotch brite to clean up the internal housing and lip where the new diaphram will sit to clean the appearance of it a bit and to ensure its sealed when im done. I will post a small vid or pic of it completed...

Thanks again for Sapperfires article, he inspired me to attempt this.. that and i have a second defective unit i can still take the cap off of... :)

Bill, I did not think that pre 96 even had the actuator but I am most likely wrong. either way, if the 96 is obsolete the pre 96 will be as well.

I have a few pairs or 96 actuators if you are interested.

Bill, I did not think that pre 96 even had the actuator but I am most likely wrong. either way, if the 96 is obsolete the pre 96 will be as well.

I have a few pairs or 96 actuators if you are interested.

pre 96 had only vacuum actuator, post 96 has the electronic control box. no vacuum connection..

pm me with price for IMRC's
Thanks
Bill

I THINK these are the right part numbers for the actuators only:

F3LY-9S514-C passenger
F3LY-9S514-E driver

According to partsvoice.com, Bob Allen Ford in Kansas has several of each. (913-381-3000) I'm dubious about that one though. Otherwise Green Sales has a bunch of the drivers side ones, but no passenger side. 800-543-4959 Either way, I bet they won't be cheap.

PLEASE double check with the place you buy them from that they're what you want. I'm not 100 percent on the part numbers.

Members online

No members online now.
Back