need opinions-paint job for my black 94

BlackIceLSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow, I go see the painter. My black 94 has too many clearcoat problems cropping up, so before I go bullistic, I am going to have it re-shot.

My dilema is, since I have always wanted a Black gen 1 LSC, with the monochromatic look, and they didnt offer that in 94, I thought I'd black out my chrome side moldings, and bumper trim.

Here's what I have:

SRAP1.jpg

Here's what I want:
SRAP7.jpg

so, what do you all think? Advice would be appreiated, since I need to make up my mind real soon. I prefer the look of the second pic.

:L

67Continental said:
i concur.

Yep.......I'm haveing both the red mark, and the blue completely de-chromed. even the grille, and rear light moulding. I think it should look cool.

1wykdmk8 said:

I have my mark blacked out and I am in the process of de-chroming everything, I did my grill so far but havn't finished the chrome.

337.jpg

338.jpg

Black out all the chrome, the bumpers the eyebrow and the lamp trim!!!!! I've gotta run, but someone post pics of Midnightftr and BLKMK8(?) or something's car. They both have 95 LSC's all blacked out. It looks lower to the ground and much more sinister that way. I have no friggen idea why they never came from the factory like that, like the Mark 7's Special Editions.

BlackMark8LI, are you running any spacers with those wheels? Whats it take to use LS wheels.. I love how they look.

It looks nice all blacked out. Too bad my '96 LSC is baltic blue(purple),because if I did that it would look wierd

Here is the only pic of midnightdrifter's car i can find.

you're right Sean...it looks awesome!

m8sig.gif

Mdnitedrftr-2.JPG

Here is 95BLKLSC's car:

500067_43_full.jpg

but if you look at the back of midnightdrifter's car, it still has the tail light chrome, and doesnt look bad....remember, I have a giant trunk emblem to deal with too.

Mdnitedrftr-1.JPG

we'll see what the painter says. If it's going to cost too much more to do the grill, eyebrow, corner lights, AND tail lights, I might leave them for now, and do them another time.

I cast my vote with the others: black it out.

Black it out , shave all the emblems off ,
I been looking how crapy my sides are ...I wouldn't even call it chrome any more it too cracked and dulled. I wish I could get some black pin strip too cover it..

Black it all out, even the chrome around the windows.....will look KILLER that way, and you wont have to worry about the chrome crap chipping around the windows now. :Beer

Craig he blacked out the chrome on the tail that weekend. It's now all black.

I think the window trim should be left alone. It's one of those things that does a lot for the look of the car but you aren't sure why. If I had a black gen 1, it would look like the ones Craig posted above no doubt.

Members online

No members online now.
Back