need motor

invisiblem0nst3r

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
my baby is just sitting there rotting away! i need a motor how much am i looking at paying for a new motor and tranny? some one please help thanks alot

It really depends on what you want! You get what you pay for! Sapperfire just got a motor for less than 200 bucks, but then he has paid a little bit in replacing all of the gaskets and so fourth! I did the same thing he did with his motor, except he has a little more time to make it look a little prettier than I did! But I put about 300 in gaskets and odds and ends. Then, I had to replace alternator and now waterpump so the cost is getting a little higher. If you pay 6 to 8 hundred for a junkyard motor and then have to do what I have done to mine than it can get up to about 1500! I think Sapperfire will have about 5 to 7 hundred in his swap? Just a guess though, since he got a good deal on the junk yard engine! Well keep us informed on what you do and your progress!!!!

i got both a trans from a wrecked mark with 29k and a motor with 56k for 1150. then i paid a shop 700 to put everything in.

I have a 96' Engine I got off Ebay for my 96' but I sold the car so now it is sitting on a stand in my garage...

I paid $150 for my motor, I had to pull it myself..
I paid about $180 for all gaskets and seals, because I am a commercial technician I get discounts at alot of the parts houses
there's about $20 in paint and another $20 in cleaners and brushes and stuff
also tossing in NEW O2s, IAC, IMRCs, all vac lines, plugs, fuel pump and fuel injector rebuild kit $350
then figure that Laser and I cleaned the motor for a solid day, then prep for paint...and I spent another 5 hours polishing every bolt

we haven even gotten to the final build stage of the motor

I paid $150 for my motor, I had to pull it myself..
I paid about $180 for all gaskets and seals, because I am a commercial technician I get discounts at alot of the parts houses
there's about $20 in paint and another $20 in cleaners and brushes and stuff
also tossing in NEW O2s, IAC, IMRCs, all vac lines, plugs, fuel pump and fuel injector rebuild kit $350
then figure that Laser and I cleaned the motor for a solid day, then prep for paint...and I spent another 5 hours polishing every bolt

we haven even gotten to the final build stage of the motor

now figure about what your car would be worth if running, subtract what's needed above to make it run, then another $1000 for labor on the swap, there's your new vehicle value

And that ladies and gentlemen is the brutal truth

all you have to do is weigh your love of the car vs your need for a dependable vehicle right now

but if I may add a few things, all cars break.. ALL of them! So
figure in your personal mechanical skills and tools available or finacial ability to pay a tech
or
your abilty to get a new car and make payments in conjunction with full coverage (as per Tx law, not sure about other states)

Or parting/scrapping and buying another car which if used WILL require at least an additional $500 in repairs also
"cheaper to keep 'er" ...in most cases

Damn that would be perfect for my 98' but I still have a 96' engine sitting on my stand and I don't need to be have a warehouse of Lincoln engines :(

Doesnt it happen to be if you link a page from lvc on m8.org, doeant that get you banned over there? Does the opposite hold true? :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back