Need Help!!!

ok scratch that, i just went to start it and it took a couple tries, but changing the fuel filter definately helped it out

ok scratch that, i just went to start it and it took a couple tries, but changing the fuel filter definately helped it out

It possible that running with a badly clogged filter has caused your fuel pump to start to fail. It's also possible that your problem is unrelated to the fuel system.

Turn the key to run and see if the PATS light is rapidly flashing. If it is, wait for it to slow down and start flashing out a two digit code over and over. Post that code.

alright it flashed once paused and flashed 6 times, so i guess the code would be 16

alright it flashed once paused and flashed 6 times, so i guess the code would be 16

Wow, that looks like a bad one.

* Standard corporate protocol (SCP) not connected/failure
* Instrument cluster
* Powertrain control module (PCM)

K3 CARRY OUT POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE (PCM) DIAGNOSTICS

* Carry out diagnostics on the PCM. REFER to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual.
* Does a PCM module concern exist?

Yes
Refer to the Powertrain Control/Emissions Diagnosis (PC/ED) manual. CLEAR the DTCs. REPEAT the self-test.

No
INSTALL a new instrument cluster. REFER to Section 413-01 . PROGRAM the keys. REFER to Key Programming Using Diagnostic Equipment in this section. CARRY OUT the parameter reset procedure. For additional information, REFER to Passive Anti-Theft System (PATS) Parameter Reset in this section. TEST the system for normal operation. If the vehicle is equipped with the valet feature, PROGRAM the third key (if available) or INSTRUCT the customer on how to carry out this procedure. REFER to Key Programming Using Two Programmed Keys in this section.

so it could be any of those?

Apparently.

You symptoms do match with code 16.

Hey, I found another post with a code 16 on an LS. The poster eventually determined that the problem was a bad PCM power relay and/or the socket for the relay. This is one of the relays in the electrical box in the trunk.
This is backed up by Jaguar's troubleshooting flow chart. It seems to mainly be checking for correct power and ground to the PCM.

so there were no relays for the pcm in the trunk, but it was under the hood, i switched it out with another one and it fired right up, switched them back and it also fired right up

so there were no relays for the pcm in the trunk, but it was under the hood, i switched it out with another one and it fired right up, switched them back and it also fired right up

I'll have to check the wiring diagrams when I get home.
It could be a problem with the socket contacts. Removing and reinstalling the relay may have cleared that up for a while.

if it helps, when i pulled the pcm relay out, there was like a tealish/green thing on it but i scraped it and it came right off

if it helps, when i pulled the pcm relay out, there was like a tealish/green thing on it but i scraped it and it came right off

Was it on the contacts (the external ones, not the internal moving contacts)?

heres a pic

2010-11-05_19-48-01_664[1].jpg

I'd replace the relay and clean and bend in the relay socket contacts, or replace those too.

ok i replaced the relay, and sprayed contact cleaner on everything, but ever since i scraped some of the corrosion off and switched the relays around i have had no problems what so ever

dude!

Dang those are some dirty contacts! When you're not busy, take out all the relays and clean the contacts, check fuses too for corrosion. This exercise will save you some time in the future.

Members online

Back