Need help

DMW76

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone...i have an 05 LS with a 6....computer says the 5th coil is out....which one is the 5th coil? i know its on the driver side...

i sent a pm to lsbit but i am wanting to tear into this tonight or first thing in the morning...

thanks!

ok i replaced the 5th coil and the plug....didn't help

code is still there but it usually takes a day for the code to reset

so now the computer is saying that the throttle actuator sensor is messed up....the throttle actuator could not be "stuck open" because the engine would rev....right? that would mean just the sensor is having problems....right?

it runs great then starts missing for a mile or two....do any of you know if one has anything to do with the other?

i take it i will have to have the dealership order the part....or do you guys know any aftermarket?

thanks!

To clear your code - leave the battery disconnect for 10mins or so (or most CAN readers can reset them).

it is very common that the cylinder reported is incorrect - the car is 'guessing' at which one is misfiring and at 4000rpm it's often wrong.

you may end up having to move the known 'good' coil around until you fix it - or - like most of us - swap them all...

on the TPS - either you have it disconnected.... (maybe from replacing the coil) - or - often the PCM reports a TPS error when a misfire is occuring (it messes up the throttle-by-wire reading) - usually when clyinder #4 is the misfire.

To clear your code - leave the battery disconnect for 10mins or so (or most CAN readers can reset them).

it is very common that the cylinder reported is incorrect - the car is 'guessing' at which one is misfiring and at 4000rpm it's often wrong.

you may end up having to move the known 'good' coil around until you fix it - or - like most of us - swap them all...

on the TPS - either you have it disconnected.... (maybe from replacing the coil) - or - often the PCM reports a TPS error when a misfire is occuring (it messes up the throttle-by-wire reading) - usually when clyinder #4 is the misfire.

for the hell of it i swapped out the coil on all 3 on the driver side...didnt want to take the intake off....at $70 each i have no problem buying 2 more and changing all 3 on that side but taking off the intake may be over my head

so before i worry about the TPS i should try replacing all 3 coils and plugs?

thanks for all your help!

Members online

No members online now.
Back