Need help with parts

Katshot

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Guys,
Need your help sourcing a couple parts for my wife's MKVII LSC. I need a new, near new steering wheel or find a place that can replace the leather on it. I also need a hood release cable.
PS, it's finally back on the road and I'll be looking forward to bringing it to one of your local meets in the spring.

No idea on the parts (maybe Max at Five Star Ford?), just wanted to say "hey". Haven't seen ya on much around these parts :D

NYC LSC said:
No idea on the parts (maybe Max at Five Star Ford?), just wanted to say "hey". Haven't seen ya on much around these parts :D

I've been cool. How 'bout you? How's your baby running these days? I got a little turned off by this place as a Cadillac guy so I've been hanging more at the Cadillac Forums. Lately, I've been playing with getting my wife's LSC back from the grave and on the road. It's actually road worthy now! Maybe I'll come check you guys out at a track day or meet. Now that I'll have a Lincoln with me, maybe I won't feel so much like a second class citizen! ;)

One_Way said:
Try here for steering wheel refurbishing. I hear they do excellent work!

http://www.american-stitches.com/amstitches/Pages/pricing.shtml

As far as the cable, try the dealer or a junk yard.

Rick,
You're the man! Thank-you so much for the pointer on the steering wheel. I called them and will be sending my wheel ASAP! Can't wait. Their website is great. Not sure if I'm going to do the leather/wood combo, or just stay with the stock-look of leather only. That will be up to the wife since it's her car. Maybe the carbon fiber......hmmmm

Katshot said:
I've been cool. How 'bout you? How's your baby running these days? I got a little turned off by this place as a Cadillac guy so I've been hanging more at the Cadillac Forums. Lately, I've been playing with getting my wife's LSC back from the grave and on the road. It's actually road worthy now! Maybe I'll come check you guys out at a track day or meet. Now that I'll have a Lincoln with me, maybe I won't feel so much like a second class citizen! ;)

It's been good man, thanks. Well, except for the part about me bustin' the rear end at Englishtown in November. :eek: It'll be back, though. Just gotta gather up all the parts to do it up right so I won't have to worry about breakin' it - again. You can see in the sig that it's a little quicker than the last time ya saw it at Atco :)

Hope you and yours have a Merry Christmas, and if I don't "talk" to you, a happy New Year as well. :)

Members online

Back