Need help with overheating. I'm Making Progress

according to the beginning the previous owner replaced thermostat and waterpump, looks like you found it with thermostat.when it comes to cooling systems, pump, thermostat, fan. i went through all the same nonesense and my vlcm was bad. you said your fan was hotwired, id keep an eye on that or do it right.do you smell coolant anywhere or are yo sure the heater core is good? if you have to keep adding coolant its going somewhere.

I dont have signs of a bad headgasket besides heat was working well before I changed the thermostat. I do hear the reservoir cap fizzing after I turn the car off. I tried the burp the system again this morning on a incline, and it didn't want to take in no more coolant. The heater core hoses are warm to touch also. I also moved the blend door a little, and the heat seemed to work better. However, I noticed that it blows warm on the floor, but cooler at the vents.

Ohh OT quesiton: What was wrong with LVC this morning. I kept getting a 404 error when I tried to enter the site

Last edited:
I think I found the problems with my heat. I found that everytime I could turn the car off, the blend door would slowly close, but would stick and not open back up. So every time I cut the car or the Climate control off. The heat would slowly get colder. I also found that the heat is not as warm coming from the vents as it is coming from the floor. So now I just reach under the pass side when I start the car, and pull the blend door down, and I would get heat.

If you continue to get air in your coolant check the fill tank cap.....it may be sucking air in

Members online

Back