Need help with control arms

lb8

LVC Member
Reaction score
For four days I've been banging on the spindle and one nut/bolt to come off to replace my lower control arms. Now that I finally get this thing off and put my wheels back on, late last night i noticed on the driver side my wheel and tire is sitting perfect. But the passenger side my tire is way off and sticking out, what could it be guys, please tell me, I'm so tired of this thing, car been sitting for two in a half weeks.

We want pics, we want pics, we want pics.......WE WANT PICS!!!!!
Everyone makes us guess, Jack up the car and get some well lit pictures please, pics of car on ground, and pics of control links ect ect from inside the wheel well

no alignment, just finished the car at 11 pm last night and I can't drive the car to get an alignment, the wheel is way off, but are you saying that could be my problem?

From your desciption of "sticking out" is is very difficult to imagine what you mean. Pictures will help huge. Take a picture of the drivers side and one of the passenger side showing the wheel sticking out.
Did you deal with the eccentric on the bolt for the control arm because that could be your problem right there and you have your alignment way off makiing it look like the wheel is sticking out.

Got the alignment, finally back on the road again, after three weeks of fighting with the control arms.

so what was it no fair If it was that far off was any thing else wrong

If it drove then I'm guessing it was the camber adjustment circular thing where the control arm attatches to the frame. If it's not put back in the right direction it can cause problems. Either that or the inner sway bar end links was changed and not put back.

i always mark the accentrics before i removed them, so im atleast in the ball park when i go for alignment, most recently my mark had new lowers installed...and no adjustment was needed only a little bit of toe

i always mark the accentrics before i removed them, so im atleast in the ball park when i go for alignment, most recently my mark had new lowers installed...and no adjustment was needed only a little bit of toe

+200 same here i mark around them with a white paint pen, then i put 2 white dashes from the washer to the k-member on all 4 washers so i can get it all close enough to drive on.

Got the alignment, finally back on the road again, after three weeks of fighting with the control arms.
good, you got over the problem so now your driving the mk 8 again

Members online

No members online now.
Back