need help with a passenger side mirror replacement

stagefive

LVC Member
Reaction score
I tried to search for about an hour on this any can't get any results. I just need to know the proper technique for removing the inside door panel on my 2005. Any help or reference material you guys could throw my way would help a lot!!
I've already purchased the new mirror from Bill at Team Ford and its installation seems pretty simple.
Thanks guys!!

two screws in the door cup underneath the plastic tab, two on the bottom of the panel, one at the back of the panel, when you open the door and look at the panel from the end you will see it, pull the black (i think there all black) piece off, from behind the inside door handle, the last screw is behind there. now start at the bottom and firmly and smoothly pull the panel off, the tabs will pop out and hopefully not break. now there is a piece at the front of the door the runs up the inside and front of the door. these just pop off. do it slowly or you will definately break these tabs. very cheaply made. behind there is three nuts i think around the 7/16 or the metric brother size. take these out. dont forget to disconnect the wiring harness to the mirror if you have it and i think they all do. slide the tab to the side, press down on the locking part and pull apart.

Members online

Back