Need help Identifying speedometer...

bxstang20000

LVC Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 02 Lincoln LS8 and I need a new speedometer because when I bought the car it had a V6 speedometer. I have the info center on the console but not on the speedometer.
Now my question: there are a bunch of different numbers which do I use? I have 2 different numbers on the circuit boards and then another two on the front and rear case.

Front case : XW4F-10894-A
Rear Case: XW4F-10A855-A
Outer Board: XW4F-14A608-HG
Inner Board: XW4F-14A608-JD

Anyone know what number speedometer I need since I'm looking to get the V8 version. Also if I get the correct number my PATS won’t be affected right?

I’ve got a 02 Lincoln LS8 and I need a new speedometer because when I bought the car it had a V6 speedometer. I have the info center on the console but not on the speedometer.
Now my question: there are a bunch of different numbers which do I use? I have 2 different numbers on the circuit boards and then another two on the front and rear case.

Front case : XW4F-10894-A
Rear Case: XW4F-10A855-A
Outer Board: XW4F-14A608-HG
Inner Board: XW4F-14A608-JD

Anyone know what number speedometer I need since I'm looking to get the V8 version. Also if I get the correct number my PATS won’t be affected right?

Did your LS have a salvage title? You should se able to just get a V8 cluster off ebay and have your dealer program it. And it will need a dealer to "marry" the new cluster to the car.

Makes me wonder how and why someone would put a V6 cluster in a v8.

Max can probably help you figure out the correct part number.
Be aware that if you swap the cluster, a dealer (or someone with dealer-like equipment) will have to marry the new cluster to the rest of the car before the PATS will let you start the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back