Need help Identifying speedometer...

bxstang20000

LVC Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 02 Lincoln LS8 and I need a new speedometer because when I bought the car it had a V6 speedometer. I have the info center on the console but not on the speedometer.
Now my question: there are a bunch of different numbers which do I use? I have 2 different numbers on the circuit boards and then another two on the front and rear case.

Front case : XW4F-10894-A
Rear Case: XW4F-10A855-A
Outer Board: XW4F-14A608-HG
Inner Board: XW4F-14A608-JD

Anyone know what number speedometer I need since I'm looking to get the V8 version. Also if I get the correct number my PATS won’t be affected right?

I’ve got a 02 Lincoln LS8 and I need a new speedometer because when I bought the car it had a V6 speedometer. I have the info center on the console but not on the speedometer.
Now my question: there are a bunch of different numbers which do I use? I have 2 different numbers on the circuit boards and then another two on the front and rear case.

Front case : XW4F-10894-A
Rear Case: XW4F-10A855-A
Outer Board: XW4F-14A608-HG
Inner Board: XW4F-14A608-JD

Anyone know what number speedometer I need since I'm looking to get the V8 version. Also if I get the correct number my PATS won’t be affected right?

Did your LS have a salvage title? You should se able to just get a V8 cluster off ebay and have your dealer program it. And it will need a dealer to "marry" the new cluster to the car.

Makes me wonder how and why someone would put a V6 cluster in a v8.

Max can probably help you figure out the correct part number.
Be aware that if you swap the cluster, a dealer (or someone with dealer-like equipment) will have to marry the new cluster to the rest of the car before the PATS will let you start the car.

Members online

Back