Need help from the LS side

95mark8newyork

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
About a month ago I gave my 95 Mark VIII back to my dad in search of a new ride because even though I love it, I felt like it wasn't for me. So now I'm looking for a car in the 10k-12k range. I've always liked the LS's, and my question is, what year is the best LS to get? I've been looking at 05-09 Mustang GT's and I don't know what else to look at. What are the best things about an LS? Which year has the least amount of issues?
Thanks guys

^^. I would say that is a fair price. But remember that is a bottom ofthe line LS. It even has that cassette player. Bone stock base model.

The ls from 2003-06 has these options avaliable on most:
Navigation with thx premium stereo system
Power moonroof
Chrome wheels
Backup sensors
Heated/cooled front seats
Heated rear seats
Adjustable pedals
Hid headlights
Wood grain on steering wheel shifter and dash.

As you can see that particular one has nothing.
There is even another 6disk stereo system above the one in that car but under the navigation 6disk option.

Most agree 06 is best. Least problems. But 04-05 are good too. If going for an 04-05 most try to find an LSE edition because it has styling like the 2006 (chrome grill, round fogs) but any 04-05 are reliable too. 03's are iffy and 00-02 is luck of the draw. Some have had great luck with them. And some have had horrible luck. And when you get unlucky and have a problematic one it's $$$$$$ to make it run good again.

So 04-06 with 06 being most recommended. There are about 100+ threads on this topic already if you want to search the ls side. I was kind of angry when I saw this post only because you don't even have to search. If you go to the next page I bet youll find a thread about this. And the next and the next. That's how often we get asked this ? But instead of being a d!ck like I normally am I gave my honest opinion.

^^. I would say that is a fair price. But remember that is a bottom ofthe line LS. It even has that cassette player. Bone stock base model.

The ls from 2003-06 has these options avaliable on most:
Navigation with thx premium stereo system
Power moonroof
Chrome wheels
Backup sensors
Heated/cooled front seats
Heated rear seats
Adjustable pedals
Hid headlights
Wood grain on steering wheel shifter and dash.

As you can see that particular one has nothing.
There is even another 6disk stereo system above the one in that car but under the navigation 6disk option.

Most agree 06 is best. Least problems. But 04-05 are good too. If going for an 04-05 most try to find an LSE edition because it has styling like the 2006 (chrome grill, round fogs) but any 04-05 are reliable too. 03's are iffy and 00-02 is luck of the draw. Some have had great luck with them. And some have had horrible luck. And when you get unlucky and have a problematic one it's $$$$$$ to make it run good again.

So 04-06 with 06 being most recommended. There are about 100+ threads on this topic already if you want to search the ls side. I was kind of angry when I saw this post only because you don't even have to search. If you go to the next page I bet youll find a thread about this. And the next and the next. That's how often we get asked this ? But instead of being a d!ck like I normally am I gave my honest opinion.

I appreciate the responses, and I had absolutely no clue there was different trims available for the LS. I actually just woke up and thought of it to post, didn't even think to search for it my bad. I'm gonna go through some threads now that I'm awake, thanks for the help guys.

I am on my second LS. I recently bought an 06 to replace my high mileage 02. Its an 06 Ultimate edition fully optioned minus heated rear seats. I paid 11,300, or 12,900 out the door at a dealership. Thats with 58K miles, and near perfect condition. They only make like 8700 in 06, but they are all LSE trim. The newer the better in my opinion. There are less of these cars in existence every day.

If you are looking at mustangs check out the 11 and newer. The new v6 makes over 300HP. You can get a brand new 6 spd 300HP Mustang for 20K out the door.

Either way I think your friends from the Mark boards will make fun of you lol...

I like LS's. My price range is up to $12k so I should be able to find somethin nice. I guess its going to come down to if I want a 2 door with a huge aftermarket, or a classy and sporty Lincoln LS with all the goodies. I would never get a V6 mustang, even though they can be modded to be quick like GT's, imo you'll never have that V8 sound. I'm not too crazy about the 2010-2013 body style, it looks cool but doesn't really look like a muscle car to me. Do LS's come stock with dual front, side and rear air bags? I know most cars come with dual fronts and have the options for side air bags and rear

Dual front and side air bags are standard. Side curtin air bags are optional IIRC. I wouldnt want to buy a v6 Mustang either, but i thats not saying that it isint a good buy.

If you want some $$$ to put towards an LS, my 550i could use a detailing ;)

I would definately take you up on that dude but i hadda have surgery on my neck June 13th so i'm outta commission for awhile. Was hit in the rear in a car accident in february, lady was passed out not supposed to be driving and hit us doing like 35 when we were at a red light. Doctors figured it out 4 months later that my neck was broken so I'm stuck home and can't do anything for awhile. Now its just physical therapy and bein careful till I'm fully healed.

And whats your opinion on getting a LS over a Mustang GT or a Mustang GT over a LS, meaning pros/cons.

YES!

Plenty info on the LS here http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82763

As for buying a Musting over a LS or vice versa.....Do you want to be #xxxxxxxxxxxx Mustang owner making noise and going fast or you want a luxury car sports sedan that can do little bit of everything with class?
It's a decision you have to make, since they are completely two different cars and can't be compared.

If you have any quesitons, regarding a particular LS, just let us know.

YES!

Plenty info on the LS here http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82763

As for buying a Musting over a LS or vice versa.....Do you want to be #xxxxxxxxxxxx Mustang owner making noise and going fast or you want a luxury car sports sedan that can do little bit of everything with class?
It's a decision you have to make, since they are completely two different cars and can't be compared.

If you have any quesitons, regarding a particular LS, just let us know.

Thanks dude, these are good points lol. With the right exhaust setup an LS can sound pretty badass too imo. And what could you compare an LS too in size? I was thinking maybe a mercedes C Class?

Thanks dude, these are good points lol. With the right exhaust setup an LS can sound pretty badass too imo. And what could you compare an LS too in size? I was thinking maybe a mercedes C Class?

BMW 7-Series.

Damn boy, broken neck? You're lucky to be alive then. Good on yer. As a point of reference I paid 7500 for my 2003 LS Sport V8 last month. It had 99K miles and is fairly loaded out, no sunroof and has the Bose stereo system as opposed to the fancy one, has the heated and cooled seats, ect.

I would definately take you up on that dude but i hadda have surgery on my neck June 13th so i'm outta commission for awhile. Was hit in the rear in a car accident in february, lady was passed out not supposed to be driving and hit us doing like 35 when we were at a red light. Doctors figured it out 4 months later that my neck was broken so I'm stuck home and can't do anything for awhile. Now its just physical therapy and bein careful till I'm fully healed.

And whats your opinion on getting a LS over a Mustang GT or a Mustang GT over a LS, meaning pros/cons.

Oh snap. Sorry to hear that, dude. If and when ya need some dough, my car will be waiting. :D Good luck on the search!

what could you compare an LS too in size? I was thinking maybe a mercedes C Class?

no, it a bit larger than a C class, its actually a tiny bit larger than an E class.

it basically the same height and width of a Continental, just a foot shorter (but it does have a longer wheel base)

Yeah a legit broken neck lol, walked around with it for 4 months and didn't know until I had to get more x-rays and mri's and they found it =/ I'll let you know when I'm allowed to do it. I didn't know the LS was as big as an E class damn lol. Thanks for the info guys

The craiglist finds post on this forum is a pretty good spot to catch deals. And if you're leery of buying on craigslist, I don't blame you but that is where I got my car. And not too far from you either. Bought it in Port Washington, NY.

I think the LS is about 3-4" longer than both the 5 series and the E class.
LS is a big car, but doesn't seem that way because of it's arch type roof/A pillars. They aren't very slanted and makes the car look smaller than it actually is.

BMW 7-Series.

Not quite!
The 7 series is little less than a foot longer than the LS.

And it doesn't handle like a big car either. But it's the same size as a chrysler 300 and Jag XF as ive parked next to both before.

I think the LS is about 3-4" longer than both the 5 series and the E class.
LS is a big car, but doesn't seem that way because of it's arch type roof/A pillars. They aren't very slanted and makes the car look smaller than it actually is.

Not quite!
The 7 series is little less than a foot longer than the LS.

I meant interior size.....

Sounds like a good problem to have. I have an 01 Mustang GT and an 02 LS that I use as a daily driver and I love them both.

If you think you are going to do a lot of mods to the mustang its going to be a rough DD. Dont get me wrong I love my mustang like crazy and I dont think I would ever get rid of it. But since it's a vert with loud exhaust, lowered and a lot of other things. Its not the smoothest DD to ride in everyday.

Which might be why I love the LS so much too. Quiet, smooth ride and very comfortable. Just an overall great car.

Hope my 2 cents helps a little.

Members online

Back