Need an Oilpan

Dawkins

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
well its time, can only prolong it for 4 years :|...been at a buddys shop being torn apart when he has time to spare...oil pans really rough i will post pics but was wondering who has a pan for sale?...

pm sent to him, need a close up pic of the bottom before i will purchase...thanks alot i never accually thought of ebay.

Ask Maxx first, going with new will far out last any used one if your keeping your car...

last time i talked to the ford dealer here was about high $400 :| if max does chime in id like to know what they go for but i dont really drive the car because of the fastbag setup...only about 2 months a year.

I'll have one after tomorrow. It's from a south carolina car. I haven't looked really hard at the oil pan, but I know the rest of the car isn't rusty. I can also bead-blast it before sending it to you. You'd need to paint it afterward, but at least you would know that there's no rust on it after that.

Yeah there both looking a bit rough...well let me know how much you'd be looking for 98lincmk4lsc and id ud bead blast it that'd be awsome aswell...i do plan on being barried in the car...cheaper then a casket. PM me with a price sir. And last time i asked jamie he didn't have one and i left a message on his board see if he responds.

Got it today. It looks pretty good. It's got a couple spots of surface rust, but it's not bad at all. I can probably post pics tomorrow. If you want it bead-blasted, I'll do it for $125 shipped. I'd paint it too, but I don't think I've got enough paint to do the whole thing.

Let me know if that sounds decent.

Ask Maxx first, going with new will far out last any used one if your keeping your car...

Really, it's a chunk of metal. Metal doesn't care how old it is in a no-stress application like an oil pan. As long as there's no rust a used one is perfectly fine.

FWIW, a couple months ago I sold a great condition, no rust pan on here for $100 + SH.

125 shipped sold pm me with info and I'll paypal you the money

125 shipped sold pm me with info and I'll paypal you the money

It may take me until the end of the week to get it done. I hadn't planned on it selling so quickly. Just so you know, I'm planning on blasting everything but the inside of the pan. I'm not really sure if it's supposed to be painted or not. I think paint may dissolve in the oil or somehow gunk it up. IDK, do you want the inside blasted?

Idk to tell you the truth, I'm sure I can clean it out good I don't think the inside needs to be blasted it wouldn't rust on the inside due to the oil. I wouldn't worry about it man. When ever u get around to blasting the outside I will take it asap. If u want for good faith I'll paypal you now?

Payment sent. So as soon as you sandblast it pm me and ill give you address to ship jay.

Just to let you know....ford has discontinued that pan and the last known price was 308.32

I bought the last two pans we could find in North America, one leaked so had to be exchanged. I wonder what they did with the leaky one I sent back?

I'd be pissed if I bought a new pan that was as hard as ours is to install and it leaked ;)

I did get looked after pretty well though for the problem and they treated me to a bunch of sythetic oil, filter, gasket etc for my troubles, which was very impressive in my opinion, as they could have said 'go fly a kite' and just exchanged the pan :)

Payment sent. So as soon as you sandblast it pm me and ill give you address to ship jay.

Here it is after being bead-blasted. I threw it into the "Ozzyjuice" machine at work afterwards to get the sand out. Basically it's just a big parts washer with a degreaser compound called Ozzyjuice. It's not perfect inside, but it's much better than it was when it was removed.

Anything else you need?

IMG_1058.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

I definitely wouldn't try painting the inside...i got a plugged oil screen in an older truck after trying it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back