Need advice

controller77

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So here's the deal. Maybe I brought this on myself by being too trustful, but anyway. So a member on here wanted to swap his cleared headlights for a set of stock headlights. I figured sure, I want cleared headlights, so this will work out great. I shipped him my headlights, and he was going to send me his in return. Mine were delivered last Friday, and I have yet to hear anything back from him. I left messages on here, his AOL email and a phone message. Do I just chalk this up to me being stupid and buy new lights or what?

I hate to say it, but its a internet forum. I was making a deal with a member last year for his angel eye headlights for my 04 and we came to an agreement on price after haggling for a while. He later told me excuse after excuse and could only take cash from me since his PayPal account was closed. Red flag right there!! Usually they close out your account for being a fraud.

I was almost ready to send him money and then called him out on it and he never came back to this forum since. Its always seller beware on here from other stories I have heard as well.

I'd find out where he lives and go their. I'd kill him and his whole fukin family and get both sets of lights. You should post his address where you sent the lights to.

Well that might be a little extreme...lol. Plus I'm in Jersey and he's in Florida.

Too bad to hear you got ripped off. Yae just move on and next time you will not make the same mistake. Unfortunately there are too many untrusted :q:q:q:q:q:q:qs

and username, so we know who not to deal with

DarkMansLSEV8

I was hesitant to post his name, because I don't know for sure if he has sent them or not, but it has been over a week with no response.

Well, it is the holidays and stuff. Maybe he's away. I'd give him until next week some time and then get pissed lol

That's what I was thinking, but I figured he could have at least told me he got them. I only know because UPS told me they were delivered.

I can see your worry since you haven't heard a response. But take into account that it is the holidays, and some people leave town for that. If that's his home number, and he doesn't go online while he's gone, that would explain why you haven't heard anything... Of course that is looking at it extremely optimistically.

wow, you guys both posted while i was. so yeah i agree with NYC LS8

If that's the case, he could have told me when I shipped them that he wouldn't be around for a while and not to expect a response. Either way, I have a car sitting in my driveway that I can't drive.

I'm not saying you shouldnt be mad, because i'd be pretty chapped if my LS were sitting in the driveway without any headlights!

Looks like he sells other things on here also. No one else has complained yet. I'd wait till after the first of the year. Then get crazy with it.

Well, it is the holidays and stuff. Maybe he's away. I'd give him until next week some time and then get pissed lol

While it was irresponsible for him not to tell you his plans during the holidays, I agree with NYCLS8, you should wait until next week.

Just wait a little, he is probably busy, which he shouldn't, but wait couple of days if no go to florida lol.

If he's out of town, that means the headlights you sent are sitting outside his step still in the box, in a bush.

Post his address so one of us can go to the house and get the box and hold it until he returns.

Well if anyone is around Miami and wants to check it out, I'll give you the address.

your other option, given you have the UPS tracking and I assume you retained all of your e-mail traffic... small claims court. Might be a bit of a pain for you, but you could get the cost for your headlights, shipping, cost for you to take off from work(leave), cost of a rental car for everyday your car sat undriveable... then maybe a bit on top just for him being a dick and causing you problems.

I think you could max out the limit for small claims court if you wanted!

I agree with a lot of these guys, with all the holiday and people on vacation, it might take a while before you get them.

Bad time to swap the lights eh? lol

Well I guess you could still drive the car during the day, however, that would look ridiculous coming down the road with no headlight assemblies.

Members online

Back