13BA361D-6BDD-4B43-AE85-AFF0674FA291.jpeg
743AB52F-629D-4900-AE72-01C1384A76AF.jpeg
2553D991-9E75-421A-AA39-A3D3F6663EAD.jpeg
0524DC25-2297-4A1C-9F65-52BAA1DEC9E9.jpeg
71DBF6BC-96FE-47D7-9283-09C8F0ACD303.jpeg
9D00CC1D-1F6E-4048-9150-B5B196C093D3.jpeg
125A9804-2BB2-43CA-98DE-394BC952B0E6.jpeg
CD96A325-9164-4354-910C-CB678967BFD6.jpeg
EDITED: I need some info on the EVAP canister purge valve ....I can't figure out where the hard plastic hose from the EVAP canister connects? I posted some pictures of what I’m trying to figure out if you need more pics or have questions feel free to ask I would really like to piece this EVAP system back together ...the car runs like a top as it is but trying to be nice to Mother Earth ....I think it would go to the Intake but I'm not sure ...the gentleman I bought the car from placed plugs over all the tubes and what not... also did I put the EGR tubes on correctly I don’t think it matters which of the two hoses go since there connected into the EGR together but just wanna have it right....anyway I have some time to work on this car over the weekend ...in between March Madness basketball games of course and was wondering if anyone could post a picture of a 2 Gen 3.9 engine bay to see where these missing parts are located ....I do have the shop manual but the pictures are hard to see where the air tubes are connecting ....Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
EGR is correct. (It does matter.)
The long hardline goes from the empty port on the throttle body adapter to the top port on the vent valve. The connector for the line appears to still be on the valve. The hardline with the yellow connector goes on the bottom port of the valve. Those are quick disconnects. Much easier than pulling the line off the connector.

The long hardline goes from the empty port on the throttle body adapter to the top port on the vent valve. The connector for the line appears to still be on the valve. The hardline with the yellow connector goes on the bottom port of the valve. Those are quick disconnects. Much easier than pulling the line off the connector.
Okay sounds good...Looks like I will need a new quick connector/ disconnects on the top of intake because as you can see it’s bare aluminum...like I said the black plug I have in my hand in the 4th picture down is what was on the top intake nipple...as far as the existing hard line that is on top of Valve it’s cracked ... that’s the reason it’s not on the valve ...so to recap ....I hear you saying I will need a quick disconnect for top of intake? Is this correct? Also I forgot to mention ...The longer hose coming from the intake which is rubber ....not plastic right after the air filter Housing...the 6th picture down is the best one to be able to see what I’m talking about ...just left of the oil cap ...doI have that hose in the correct plastic tube? There is two side by side one is whitish and the other is black ...the black one is capped off still but both were intially capped/ plugged up ...I put that rubber hose from intake neck in the white plastic hose.... is that correct?

If you need more pics of what I’m talking about let me know ...thanks Joe

On the throttle body adapter, it's supposed to be a metal nipple, like you have. On that end of the hardline, there is supposed to be a snap on connect, very similar to the one one the PCV line nearby (the one at the top of the throttle body adapter).
The brake boost hose looks correct.

IMG_0928.JPG
IMG_0927.JPG
IMG_0926.JPG
IMG_0925.JPG

On the throttle body adapter, it's supposed to be a metal nipple, like you have. On that end of the hardline, there is supposed to be a snap on connect, very similar to the one one the PCV line nearby (the one at the top of the throttle body adapter).

View attachment 828571510 View attachment 828571511 View attachment 828571512 View attachment 828571513
Thanks for the Pics and Information...okay looks like I'll be looking for that snap on connect...that was never on when i bought the car...looks like that snap on connect might be a hard part to find ...maybe I could find it at a Pick N' PULL...Thanks again for your help and the picture...I'm happy that I'm going to have the EVAP back together along with the other hoses that were capped off

View attachment 828571510 View attachment 828571511 View attachment 828571512 View attachment 828571513
Quick Update: The Check Engine Light/MIL is Off ...I used a 3/8 fuel hose and it worked great and fits perfect...even though I have B#$% and complained in the past about the engineering on the LS you're greatly appreciated by me and every member on the forum...Thanks again for all the help Joe

Members online

No members online now.
Back