Navigator vs Escalde

Very nice looking. I will post pics this weekend. The weather has been to bad to go out and take pics.

It's only been a few weeks with the new seat and so far so good. I haven't had a Torque Converter problem yet and hope not to. I did hit a deer with it back in Oct. Man that sucked. I had to have the front grill, bumper, and driver side head light replaced along with the hood repainted.

RDW said:
After 100'S of HOURS of research; I just bought the Navigator.

How do you like it. I bought a 2005 and though nice even with the new 6 speed trans the mileage stinks. 15 average and I don't drive in town. How about you?

Marino

So in other words you are basically getting the mileage that is stated on the window sticker. It's a 6000lb truck shaped like a brick, what did you expect?

Grey Navi said:
So in other words you are basically getting the mileage that is stated on the window sticker. It's a 6000lb truck shaped like a brick, what did you expect?

OK I understand BUT I also have an Expedition (same brick) with the 5.4 and only a 4speed and 100k miles on it to boot, that on the hiway at the same basic rpm and speed as the navigator the Ford gets 20-20.5 while the navi gets 16. In town without air on ford 18 Navi 14! Are we actually moving ahead here?

The owners manual calls for 91+ octane on the same motor (from what I can tell) as the 2005 Expedition which calls for regular. Tried Lincoln but no one is willing to confirm the use of regular in the Navi! Any comments?

Marino

The new 6-speed transmission is AWESOME and makes the thing respond much better than one would expect.

The '05s do take premium fuel unfortunately, despite changing to the improved 3V engine. The F150 and the Expedition rate their 3V engine at exactly the same power (HP/TQ) yet Lincoln states to use premium in it. I suppose it is a marketing thing and Lincolns are "all powerful and NEED premium fuel". I doubt it, but I have done a few mileage tests and believe it or not, the thing does get better fuel economy on premium so I suppose my overall cost per mile is about the same using premium. It does run fine on either fuel and I've never heard a knock or ping when using 89 octane. Actually, I don't think I've used 87 oct. in it yet, but there does seem to be a mileage difference between 93 vs 89.

I too have a 2005 and like it a lot however being conservative and sort of a "greeny" (frugle too). I have used 87 octane without ping etc. My mileage does not seem to change unless I drive hard and then of course it just gets worse. My 5.4 Expedition with only a 4spd and 100K miles gets over 20 on the hwy at same speed and rpm with the navi getting less than 17. Do you find the same mileage on the hwy? While in town (actually the country) averaging about 14? "Curious minds need to know"

Thanks in advance

Marino

The Navigator's exterior is very beautiful and fair and... but the interior is too modern. The Escalade in pictures is not look well, but in the real life is look better! Escalade is a giant monster with the 6000cc and the 345hp. His engine "Voice" is wonderful.. But i like the Navigator as well!! So this 2 vehicle is the beautiful SUV in the world! :D

apbpetey said:
Are you saying that the Navi seating room is better? I felt that they were pretty close in the amount of room for seating. If you look at the measured head,leg, etc. both are very close and less than an inch difference in most cases. As for features what about the stablitiy control on the Escalade? Also the Escalade has a self-leveling system as well. Day-time running lights are standard and you have side airbags on the Caddy. Day-time running lights are an option and cannot get side airbags on the Navi. Lets also look at the Navigation system, standard on Caddy, n/a on Navi. Heated front seats standard on caddy option on Navi. Higher tow capacity on the caddy, also tow package standard on the caddy. Looks to me like the Caddy has more than the navi standard unless you move to the Ultimate package on the Navi and then the diffence is the power liftgate and power rear seat on the Navi (which are nice to have).

I don't know your height, but I'm 6'7", and there is definitely a major difference in legroom between the two. An averaged height individiual probably wouldn't notice. The Navi has trac-loc (Lincoln's version of stability control), and I also have side air bags. The Nav also has heated as well as air-conditioned seats (the Caddy doesn't often cooling). You are correct that the daytime running lights are not standard, but the dealer has an add-in module that easily adds that functionality for a whole lot less the price difference between the two vehicles. You can go to http://www.lincoln.com to see the full list of add-ons. Again, both are great vehicles, or I never would have considered the Escalade, but to be an accessorized Tahoe, the price didn't justify it.

:L

hard_drive_j said:
I don't know your height, but I'm 6'7", and there is definitely a major difference in legroom between the two. An averaged height individiual probably wouldn't notice. The Navi has trac-loc (Lincoln's version of stability control), and I also have side air bags. The Nav also has heated as well as air-conditioned seats (the Caddy doesn't often cooling). You are correct that the daytime running lights are not standard, but the dealer has an add-in module that easily adds that functionality for a whole lot less the price difference between the two vehicles. You can go to http://www.lincoln.com to see the full list of add-ons. Again, both are great vehicles, or I never would have considered the Escalade, but to be an accessorized Tahoe, the price didn't justify it.

:L
Okay I am bored today so this is the reasoning for my response. Trac-loc is not stabiltiy control. Ford calls stability control RSC for Roll Stabiltiy Control. Traction lok is fords name for limited slip rear end which by the way is not available on a Lincoln or Ford that has the RSC. I know that I am being picky but like I said it's a slow day. Good luck

Gator looks like a luxury vehicle inside (where you spend most of your time) Caddy looks like a truck inside with a few do dads added.

I agree that the Caddy looks like it has to many add on's, but one thing I do wish the Navi had more of is the burlwood. I am not impressed on how the silver is holding up especially around the shifter. We are very careful but I swear you just look at it and it scratches. I am thinking about getting the matching burlwood kit to replace some of the silver. Not interested in the stick on or overlay kit, but the one that has the actual replacement pieces already done in the veneer. I think dash-kit sells them but I am not sure.

RadioStar said:
Hey, All, just found this site while doing research on Navigators and Escalades. It's perfect!

With the incentives and awesome financing deals available on the remaining '04s right now, I'm looking to get one or the other before the end of the year.

I like the look of the Navigator better than the Escalade, but the extra horsepower in the Caddy is very tempting. Talking to some local dealers, it seems I can get a very similar deal on the two vehicles, though I'll get a better deal on the Escalade.

So, my request to the Nav lovers is, help me understand what makes the Lincoln a better choice than the Escalade! Besides just the outside appearance.

Thanks for any feedback you can give me!
we have a 2002 nav still, never had a problem, done 60k in it.
we have also owned three escalades, two engine changes and regular dealer visits during the same period of time. Love the power in the escalade, especially with the blowers installed, but our navigator in the photo won that little tournament!

navigator mammoth.JPG

i can't believe nobody has mentioned the power running boards yet... that's like the pimpest feature on the navi, aside from the power liftgate. :\

OK,
I will mention the power running boards. They are the Cats A$$. I love them. The truck looks much better when they are hidden.

Bob

NAVI-GATOR only

Navigator FEELS like you spent the money you did. The Cadi is overrated, and feels like a GMC. It's just my opinion...

Cruiseship 050-resized.jpg

I agree with the other guy too, you don't see any Navs around here either. I see Caddys all day long so they get boring real fast before I even think about one.

I think the interior is better also, it more classy.

The new Caddys are nice though, that would be a hard choice if I could get either..I'd probably go with the Caddy based on stying and power if I was going with 07 models.

For me, we have both the Navi and the Slade and i prefer the navi. the navi has more room, heated/cooled front seats standard (in Canada only the ultimate model is availible so my Navi's an Ultimate) real American Walnut trim, leather everywhere, what's not too like? the Slade does have more power (6.0L is only engine in Canada) but it's really not needed because who would go more than 100km/h (60mph) speed limit on the 401 in this thing anyway? the styling is nicer both inside and out (no cheesy fake wood here) and the power running boards, power 3rd row seat and flip up access door for the stereo are real crowd pleasers. around here there are about as many Navis as there are Slades and there aren't many of either as most people go for the crossovers, minivans and mid size SUVs in Canada so this mammoth sticks out in the crowd about as much as a Hummer H2 (even more rare in Canada). sure the slade has heated rear seats standard but who cares when your in the front with your heated and cooled seats? and at $72,125 (CAN) for the base Navigator (Ultimate in US) and $76,530 for the base Escalade with the Navi topping out at around $75,000 and the Slade at $80,000, the Navigator is the one for me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back