Nascar fans

Raped Ape

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
18 days left.

Daytona 500 on the new asphalt, and new rules, points. What you think?

Also who is your driver (favorite).

I myself was always as a kid a Earnhardt Sr fan, then after his death I automatically became a Jr fan, always have been since and I am not and I hate band wagon fans.

Lets hear it

Mark Martin since i was like 5. back when he drove a Ford. :lol: still like him though.

always had respect for Sr though.

now, Carl Edwards. nice guy. he's from my part of the world and keeps his plane in the hanger in town.

this point change will be interesting though.

Carl Edwards. nice guy. he's from my part of the world and keeps his plane in the hanger in town.

this point change will be interesting though.

I like Carl Edwards also along with Smoke, Martin, McMurray, Robby Gordon, Truex, and a couple others.

I have followed NASCAR pretty much all my life, family tradition. I do not agree with Toyota involved along with Nissan and BMW coming in also. The good ole boys days are all but gone and it is a money hungry, sponsorship ran industry now. But I seem to keep tuning in every year and every race.

I have followed NASCAR pretty much all my life, family tradition. I do not agree with Toyota involved along with Nissan and BMW coming in also.

i'm not really a fan of foreign companies moving in either, but on the flip side, ford and chevy are heavily involved in racing in europe as well.

I lost interest when they stopped racing T-Birds and started racing "Tauruses". I know they hadn't really been anything like the factory cars for quite some time, but at least the T-Birds looked like T-Birds. When they took the second race away from Darlington so California could have another, NASCAR officially died, IMHO.

I can't wait but I am so disapointed in NASCAR.

NASCAR is a joke these days for what it originally stood for. There is no common new technology in these cars' motors... Carburated BS. Not one car in the world comes stock with the 50 year old technology NASCAR is using. But I still watch every year. Dale Sr. is my absolute favorite; Mark Martin showing up all the young guys is a favorite too!
And I know it's blasphemy for a Earnhardt fan to say this but I kinda let Jeff Gordon grow on me so now I kinda like to see him win. He doesn't have the same dumb luck as he did 15 years ago so I can like him now.

I can't wait but I am so disapointed in NASCAR.

NASCAR is a joke these days for what it originally stood for. There is no common new technology in these cars' motors... Carburated BS. Not one car in the world comes stock with the 50 year old technology NASCAR is using. But I still watch every year. Dale Sr. is my absolute favorite; Mark Martin showing up all the young guys is a favorite too!
And I know it's blasphemy for a Earnhardt fan to say this but I kinda let Jeff Gordon grow on me so now I kinda like to see him win. He doesn't have the same dumb luck as he did 15 years ago so I can like him now.

Actually, it is not really as you say Blasphemy to like Jeff Gordon. In reality as alot of younger fans do not realize is Jeff and Earnhardt Sr were very good friends and competitors. Both had much respect for one another.

I personally do not like Jeff and or Jimmie. I think they are both sissies, not a good ole boy. But that is my opinion, my father is a hugh Jeff Gordon fan, and he and I rival each year and have a rolling bet each year.

Never, never, never have I seen and heard more booing then when Jeff Gordon is driven around the track - at least up here in the northeast. So much booing. Feel bad for the guy.
How many times did Gordon get lucky beating the Pace car out or getting a lap back after he spun out. Sr never got that kinda luck.

no sr made his own luck. this from a olddddd sr fan. i got started in1953 when my dad use to race. i say let them run what they brung and have the coconuts to push the pedal and not the brake pedal. jd

I use to be a fan back when it was race on sunday buy it on monday,but today it just puts me to sleep zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Imagine these cars running a DOHC! Imagine all the technology and track time our cars could have benefited from with a previous 20/30 years of american horsepower racing research and development. I think it's a waste running on 50yo technology. Such a waste of potential. And the race is soo boring untill about the last 30 laps or so. Then there is all the crashes towards the end of the race. At least they changed the rule to get lapped cars out of the inside line on restarts.

I know the cars haven't been 'stock' since they ran on the sand but they IMHO should be using the 'stock' technology. Most every car after 86 was FI. We could be getting more power and better MPG if NASCAR had been using this technology.

Still I can't freaking wait for the race. I am trying to get tickets out of Catepiliar since we just purchased a boat load of generators, paralleling gear and ATS's through them. We may have been their biggest customer over the past few years (at least meybe in the NE, Boston area). Mmmmm pit lane at Daytona! That would be heaven; especially to get away from the 5' of snow in my front yard.

Last edited by a moderator:
no sr made his own luck. this from a olddddd sr fan. i got started in1953 when my dad use to race. i say let them run what they brung and have the coconuts to push the pedal and not the brake pedal. jd

How many times did he lose Daytona in the last lap. And how awesome was it when he won and every team came out to shake his hand as he drove to victory lane. A great day for all of us.

I'd watch if it were F1 vs NASCAR

Don't think it would be much of a race - especially if the courses had multiple turns. :lol:

Don't know why people are complaining about foreign companies being able to compete in NASCAR - that's how it was up until the 60's. Competition being open to all is a good thing, IMO.

This 2 car tandem style slingshot exchange racing going on at Daytona is not what I was looking for a s a fan of the super speedway racing. But my guy Jr 88 is doing ok with the help of Kahne.

they're all lined up like dogs sniffing butts. i am not a fan.

Not a fan of NASCAR or not a fan of this rediculous 2x2 shoot off? Because I am not at all impressed with this new 2x2 :q:q:q:q. Does not fit well with me. JR 88 is in the lead though with Regan Smith pushing him.:D

Not a fan of NASCAR or not a fan of this rediculous 2x2 shoot off? Because I am not at all impressed with this new 2x2 :q:q:q:q. Does not fit well with me. JR 88 is in the lead though with Regan Smith pushing him.:D

lol. the 2x2 nonsense.

can junior hang on for the next 40 or so laps? well, we'll see!

Regan Smith gets taken out along with Newman and Busch and a couple of others.

Go Jr, Jr is going to stay behing Stewart as he wants the opportunity to sling shot passed Stewart for the win.

Members online

No members online now.
Back