My turn for LS upgrades

kaball

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I went to clean out the garage the other day and realized something...I have WAY to many parts laying around. And that it is time for me to actually start putting them on my car instead of looking at them.

A couple of shots from my garage.

img0603fq.jpg

img0604xe.jpg

img0605k.jpg

img0606ql.jpg

The first thing in the docket was to install a drivers side mirror that I got from earleebird. Mine was painted by someone (i would assume the dealer since it was an old lady before me) and they f'ed it up.

Here is the old mirror on my car and then after I removed it.

img0607z.jpg

img0608df.jpg

img0613hj.jpg

img0614ks.jpg

img0616xa.jpg

So what I am planing on doing is sanding the old and priming and painting. I already bought the paint from paintscratch.com along with adhesion promoter and a can of clear.

My big question of the day is how can I get the glass out of the mirror case? Is it like others and it just pulls out?

Idk on the mirror glass
But,
Lse bumper. Gen 1 or 2?

gen 1

Is that a roof rack?

no lol thats my roommates golf bag cart.

Other parts are bassani exhaust, flomaster x-pipe, spare chrome trim for rear bumper, gen1 lse side skirts, dual sub box, mtx audio crossover, two rockford fosgate amps, stock front grille, gen 1 lse grille, outer tail set, opened headlights, extra fogs and some projectors from a lexus es300.

Just tape the the mirror off and paint around it. I also don't understand how people can buy parts and let the stack up like that. I would go crazy looking at them.

Thanks guys I will try and pop it out and if not just tape it off.

What bassanis are those?

I believe that these are the ones. I'm not home now so it is kinda hard to look at them lol.

I also don't understand how people can buy parts and let the stack up like that. I would go crazy looking at them.

Oh I am going crazy. I couldn't decide what to do first so I just bought more of it in the mean time. Number one on my list right now is the LSE conversion. I can handle the small stuff like the rear surround and grille but the bumpers and side skirts are going out to be painted.

Found my order from autoaccessoriesgarage. I have 4x8x16 2.5" in 2.5" out offset. you can find them here.

Assemble all that stuff and you'll have a second car to drive!

KS

might have the exterior of a second car lol. but all kidding aside I will be getting rid of a few things as well. The stock gen 1 front and rear bumpers, the grille, and fogs will be going once I get it all painted.

Found my order from autoaccessoriesgarage. I have 4x8x16 2.5" in 2.5" out offset. you can find them here.

OOh ok, they're the BX series. I think you were supposed to get the 4820 tho, center inlet, offset outlet? or maybe they can all be made to fit? lol idk from what i read 4820 is what others went with.

I've been doing research on these mufflers, and their race series mufflers as well. I'll start my own thread for that tho.

I hope you get those bad boys on soon, and post up some sound clips!

before I left I did start to prime a few things. I have always loved the 2001 ls fender badges so I am planning on adding them.

img0609je.jpg

Also the LSE grille that I bought from Sancho20 was missing the outer mounting brackets so I started sanding and priming my stock one. I forgot my memory card so I will have pics of that up later. Hopefully tomorrow I can start putting some color down and start on the rear surround or the mirror.

OOh ok, they're the BX series. I think you were supposed to get the 4820 tho, center inlet, offset outlet? or maybe they can all be made to fit? lol idk from what i read 4820 is what others went with.

I've been doing research on these mufflers, and their race series mufflers as well. I'll start my own thread for that tho.

I hope you get those bad boys on soon, and post up some sound clips!

I plan on it. From what I was reading you needed the offset in and offset out. Oh well. I do need to find a good set of tips though. Any suggestions?

I plan on it. From what I was reading you needed the offset in and offset out. Oh well. I do need to find a good set of tips though. Any suggestions?

Magnaflow 4" tips? or the vibrant equivalent(supposedly look just as good for half the price)

ok so here is the top half of the grille and the heat gun I used to get the emblem off. I love Harbor Freight deals!

img0618xu.jpg

img0619ha.jpg

Update!

Sancho20 stopped by and dropped off the rear LSE Bumper and Valence. I can't tell you guys how excited I am to get these painted and on! There is one small crack in the valence (pic #3) but the paint shop should be able to get that out.

img0638nw.jpg

img0637zd.jpg

img0640og.jpg

On to other news..

I have sanded most of the drivers mirror. I took regiment1's advice and the mirror just popped out. I still need to sand the inside of the mirror and the tighter curves around the base. Only so much a power sander can get :D

img0641lp.jpg

And here is the top half of the grille after one coat of primer.
img0636lr.jpg

Still many more to come followed by a lot of sanding. I have a feeling that I am going to hate sand paper after this...

sorry for the lack of updates but have been busy with work with new projects and end of the year stuff. That and my GF stole my camera :/ I plan on having the lse kit painted this month some time. Next after that will be the exhaust. I had a few questions on the tips though. I was looking at these and a set of these

any input from you guys?

I like the rounded ones better. Squared is not my style, but it's whatever YOU like best. Good luck with everything kaball! I am so jealous you got parts to convert to an lse!

I like the rounded ones better. Squared is not my style, but it's whatever YOU like best. Good luck with everything kaball! I am so jealous you got parts to convert to an lse!

Thanks ben! I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I'm just not sure on the squared ones. I think it would look different but not sure a good different. Anyone willing to do a photoshop on them and a lse bumper?

Hurry up and get that front bumper on or I'll come to your house and force you to sell it to me! Just playin, good luck with all these mods. Your LS'E' is gonna look sweet

Hurry up and get that front bumper on or I'll come to your house and force you to sell it to me! Just playin, good luck with all these mods. Your LS'E' is gonna look sweet

Thank you Hite! I was also planning on painting your heatshield since I have to redo my mirror anyways. I missed a large sport on the edge so I need more paint.

Members online

No members online now.
Back