My Return!

bklene50

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Is unfortunate. I haven't been on here in awhile and only know about half the posting member's so it's nice to see a lot of new folks in here.

Anyways the reason I am back is that my LS is no more. My sleep deprivation finally got the better of me and I wrecked her into another vehicle about a week ago. Luckily it was all cosmetic damage and the car ran fine (I even drove it back to my body shop about 30 miles away) but it was still totaled out by the insurance company. I wrecked in my neighborhood at about 15 mph after driving 40 miles home.

My car had just under 165,000 miles when she got cut short so she saw plenty of life. You always want a little more though.

Here's a picture of my car in the last place she was driven :(

10qmg68.jpg

I'm going next week to pick up an 08 Ford Ranger Sport. I thought about picking up another LS but I don't think it would be quite the same. I'm getting a good deal on the truck and it's only got 30,000 miles on it.

I will have a few parts to sell off the car that I will put up here in separate postings, but I did want to let you all know that my McLaren Grille is up on eBay already. Look for some other posts (probably tonight) with more items for sale.

Here's a link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linc...its=Make:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item336446fcc2

why not another LS??

You can take the chance to step up to a gen II and try a different color. sorry for your loss.

Because a Danger Ranger is cheaper to fix and he can put a brush guard on the front for the next time he falls asleep behind the wheel.. ;)

Its hard to drive other vehicles after having the LS.

They just dont feel as smooth.

Well I know that.. I get in the Ranger and I can feel the difference in the steering.. I have to put like 3-4x more effort into it.. And, of course, the lack of power..

I picked the Ranger because it will hold its value a lot better than anything else I'd like to pay for right now. I am going to buy an F-150 because I've always loved trucks, just doesn't make sense to get a full-size right now. I drive about 550 miles a week right now so I need some decent gas mileage.

Im not a fan of trucks myself.... id rather have an suv.

Only reason i would get a truck is to slam it. I dont ever haul things or go off road so no need.

mini trucks look sweet lowered.

If you wanna lift a truck do it the right way and get a silverado or ram not a 4cyl.

Well I would never (well shouldn't say never) own a rice burning truck.. I do like the Tacoma lifted with the right wheels on it.. Four door of course and black..

Is unfortunate. I haven't been on here in awhile and only know about half the posting member's so it's nice to see a lot of new folks in here.

Anyways the reason I am back is that my LS is no more. My sleep deprivation finally got the better of me and I wrecked her into another vehicle about a week ago. Luckily it was all cosmetic damage and the car ran fine (I even drove it back to my body shop about 30 miles away) but it was still totaled out by the insurance company. I wrecked in my neighborhood at about 15 mph after driving 40 miles home.

My car had just under 165,000 miles when she got cut short so she saw plenty of life. You always want a little more though.

Here's a picture of my car in the last place she was driven :(

10qmg68.jpg

I'm going next week to pick up an 08 Ford Ranger Sport. I thought about picking up another LS but I don't think it would be quite the same. I'm getting a good deal on the truck and it's only got 30,000 miles on it.

I will have a few parts to sell off the car that I will put up here in separate postings, but I did want to let you all know that my McLaren Grille is up on eBay already. Look for some other posts (probably tonight) with more items for sale.

Here's a link to the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Linc...its=Make:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item336446fcc2

Do you have the car itself ? Where's Edwardsville ?

Its hard to drive other vehicles after having the LS.

They just dont feel as smooth.

That is so true. When I said that my family said I was crazy ! They tried to say A car is a car is a car. As long as it gets you somewhere. My stunning comeback was , you've never drove an LS. Ha take that !

That sucks man. I like trucks, I could see myself in one, but not instead of the ls. One of the new pearl or black f-150 harley editions for me, just haven't seen the inside.

Short - The insurance company has the car technically. It is still at my body shop because I am switching out custom parts back to stock because I never got them covered by insurance. Edwardsville is in Illinois and is about 20 minutes north of St Louis, MO.

If they tell me what junk yard they're taking it to, I'll post it up here so some of the locals have a chance to grab things. Only things damaged are the front bumper, one headlight, a fender, and the hood. The rest interior and exterior is good.

Good luck on the auction.:) This afternoon, I tried getting the headlights apart. No luck.:( I will ask someone, if there is a trick to it. Let me know if you need any help moving those parts.;)

I like trucks, I could see myself in one, but not instead of the ls. One of the new pearl or black f-150 harley editions for me, just haven't seen the inside.

They are t!ts inside.. I really want a F-250 Harley.. I love my diesels.. Leather with the Harley Davidson all over.. Silver gauges.. Plaque with the Number on it..

The black is also a beautiful color on that truck.. I like the gost flames.. :)

Members online

Back