My project for today (COBRA)

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
As some of you may/may not know... My stepfather is a Mustang addict. He's owned quite a few Mustangs in the last 5 years. He flips them then sells them always making more money & buying a better one every time. Last year he traded a fully customized 97 Cobra for a 2003 Lightning. It was a beast of a truck with way too many mods & it didn't match my stepfather's hobby. He ended up trading the truck just 5 months later for this red '99 Cobra with only 89k on it.

He's done almost nothing to the car other than a nice DVD stereo unit... until now that I got him a really good deal on an '03 Terminator bumper. He just installed it a couple weeks ago. I ordered a set of Cobra R wheels that he was dieing for. (Not my cup of tea on that car) but I swapped them out today.

That being said, the chrome wheels I took off are mine to keep. They are one of two birthday gifts from my stepfather.

I also painted the rear center trunk in black & installed the black overlay decals on the rear bumper. I think it's looking sick. Next item on the list in a couple weeks is lowering the car BIG TIME! It looks way too 4x4 the way it is right now.

Cobra R front bumper arrived this week & is being painted & installed next week. I can't wait until the car is done. I think it's going to look sick!!!

20120705_132721-1.jpg

20120817_130033.jpg

20120817_145000.gif

20120817_163838.jpg

20120817_140340.gif

Not liking the wheels one bit. Otherwise nice.

Neither do I. Those wheels belong on a 94 - 98 but like I said above. It's not my cup of tea... Did I mention that my stepfather is SUPER stubborn? He's very set in his ways. I told him he could get a nice set of FR 500's but he hates those wheels. Every Mustang he's owned, he's purchased Cobra R's for. I told him the R's don't belong on this '99 but his response was; "ORDER THEM!" So I did.

Offset is wrong. Rear tires too narrow. Dish looks like ****.

Not to make a stereotype but it looks Mexican.

Ok I'm done :)

I agree the Rs just dont work on a new edge car, and just an fyi the wheels you took off are polished clearcoated aluminum not chome.

-Alan

Offset is wrong. Rear tires too narrow. Dish looks like ****.

Not to make a stereotype but it looks Mexican.

Ok I'm done :)

Rear wheels are 10.5's... Problem is I found a spacer installed in the rear & honestly I got lazy & left them on. He told me he's going to uninstall them this weekend.

just an fyi the wheels you took off are polished clearcoated aluminum not chome.

-Alan

Whatever they are, they are MINE! lol... I couldn't be happier. Now I just have to figure out what route to take, spacers, hub swap or re-drill... They are going on my black '97 when I'm good & ready.

Convince him to delete that rear spoiler, that thing is obnoxious, get an 03,04 spoiler or just plug the holes..I think it would look much better.

Rear wheels are 10.5's... Problem is I found a spacer installed in the rear & honestly I got lazy & left them on. He told me he's going to uninstall them this weekend.

Whatever they are, they are MINE! lol... I couldn't be happier. Now I just have to figure out what route to take, spacers, hub swap or re-drill... They are going on my black '97 when I'm good & ready.

it should have 315s or 335s on there. not what looks to be 275s

Convince him to delete that rear spoiler, that thing is obnoxious, get an 03,04 spoiler or just plug the holes..I think it would look much better.

He definitely wants to delete the wing. It's just about doing it right. That trunk would have to be sent for repaint so that they can plug those holes. Also, we were looking at Terminator wings.... HAVE YOU SEE WHAT THEY'RE WORTH?!?!?!? Makes no sence, they are smaller, less material to make yet they are over $500.00 yet a HUGE random wing will cost you less than $225.00.

it should have 315s or 335s on there. not what looks to be 275s

Agreed but he paid $800.00 as a package deal. Yes, those are indeed 275's

He definitely wants to delete the wing. It's just about doing it right. That trunk would have to be sent for repaint so that they can plug those holes. Also, we were looking at Terminator wings.... HAVE YOU SEE WHAT THEY'RE WORTH?!?!?!? Makes no sence, they are smaller, less material to make yet they are over $500.00 yet a HUGE random wing will cost you less than $225.00.

Agreed but he paid $800.00 as a package deal. Yes, those are indeed 275's

you do know the 03 wing is gold lined right? :D

The good thing about all this is that once he's done with the car he slaps a for sale sign on it & get's rid of it for yet another project.
Out of all his Mustangs, this has been the newest but the one with least heart. He's not too much into it & neither am I to be honest with you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back