My Own Stupidity...

Johnny5SPD

LVC Member
Reaction score
Last week I was sitting in my LS talking on the phone with the motor running and the AC going...it's about 140 degrees here in Texas...you know. I was about to do some shopping but my conversation wasn't quite over. So, while talking on the phone I was playing with the power windows!! I rollled one down a bit, then back up....the next ..and the next...all while finishing my conversation....not thinking or paying attention to what I was doing...I rolled the rear passenger window down, then up...then...one more flick of the 'up' switch for good measure when I heard it ...."POP"!!....well....all of you know what it happened next. Long story short......one dealer wanted $300, one wanted $175...I bought the part for $46 and put in in myself over a two day period. It wasn't that bad, really. But, what a dumb thing to do!

nah - it would have eventually broken - very very very common issue with the early LSes. The piece was redesigned and you should have better luck with the new one.

My longtime owners have had to replace all 4 regulators....

I had both rears replaced under warranty. The fronts are good so far...knock on wood.

Wow...I've only had the front passager replaced. I guess i should start saving money for when the others break..... :Bang

LOL....I guess you haven't have this happen to you. We should have been a bit more clear.
The power window regulator...not sure if that's the proper term.
Basically, the motor inside each door that controls the window.

Mine just "pop" ed one day and my window was down :soapbox: for a week.
Good thing i have a garage!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it was under warranty at the time... :Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back