My New O6!

LikeNew02

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Back in 2005 I picked up my 2002 dark green LS Sport V8 with 29k miles for $19.5K. I had wanted an LS during college, and bought it 2 years after graduation. My 02 was very good to me. The car ran strong, looked good, handled well, and was very reliable. I drove it to 85K miles, and felt like it was time to get a 2006 LS while there were still some good ones left.

So last Saturday, I picked up my new baby. A dark cherry red metalic 2006 with Nav, 29,377 miles for $19.7k. I wanted to wait a week before I gave my first impressions of the 02 vs the 06.

Basically, the 06 is WAY better than the 02! First off, when you step on the pedal the car is much quicker to respond. The exhaust also has a nice growl at low RPMs and when you get on it.

The 06 eats of the bumps much better than the 02. The 02 felt like it was running into bumps, while the 06 feels like it runs over the bumps.

The interior on the 06 is setup better, especially the center console. The nav and thx in the 06 also make it superior.

Lastly, the 06 was handsome with dark green paint and alloy wheels, but OMG the cherry paint and chrome wheels on the 06 turn heads all day.

I already miss my 02 because it was so good me. Luckily, I was able to sell the 02 to my mother in law. This car is replacing her 89 5.0, and she already loves the LS. At least I can still visit my 02. ;)

I feel like I am dreaming with 06's power, killer looks, nav, thx. Thank you for doing it right Ford!

cherry2.jpg

Beautiful Color!

I just saw my first Dark Cherry yeterday (besides pictures) and I think it is the best LS color.
Congrats

Back in 2005 I picked up my 2002 dark green LS Sport V8 with 29k miles for $19.5K. I had wanted an LS during college, and bought it 2 years after graduation. My 02 was very good to me. The car ran strong, looked good, handled well, and was very reliable. I drove it to 85K miles, and felt like it was time to get a 2006 LS while there were still some good ones left.

So last Saturday, I picked up my new baby. A dark cherry red metalic 2006 with Nav, 29,377 miles for $19.7k. I wanted to wait a week before I gave my first impressions of the 02 vs the 06.

Basically, the 06 is WAY better than the 02! First off, when you step on the pedal the car is much quicker to respond. The exhaust also has a nice growl at low RPMs and when you get on it.

The 06 eats of the bumps much better than the 02. The 02 felt like it was running into bumps, while the 06 feels like it runs over the bumps.

The interior on the 06 is setup better, especially the center console. The nav and thx in the 06 also make it superior.

Lastly, the 06 was handsome with dark green paint and alloy wheels, but OMG the cherry paint and chrome wheels on the 06 turn heads all day.

I already miss my 02 because it was so good me. Luckily, I was able to sell the 02 to my mother in law. This car is replacing her 89 5.0, and she already loves the LS. At least I can still visit my 02. ;)

I feel like I am dreaming with 06's power, killer looks, nav, thx. Thank you for doing it right Ford!

I think I considered that one. I didn't want two Dark Cherry cars in my garage. I did end up with two silver ones, though :( . I sold my 2000 to my daughter so that one is also still in the family. You're right; the '06 is sooo much better! The NAV is great and the leather is much softer. To me, the '06 is the best LS and Lincoln not dropped the ball and discontinued making the them they would have outsold the CTS easily.

Driver's door looks like it has a huge dent it it, what with that white line on the ground reflecting off it...

That's just the shape of the body. The LS has a coke-bottle shape and that can make for some weird reflections; especially on the shady side of a dark colored LS.

Looks awesome man. I am glad you're happy with it!

Let's see some more pictures and future mods...

Also if you like the growl of it now. Get a K&N CAI... Emphasizes the growl so much more, yet keeping it subtle. It sounds like a turbo or something! lols

thanks for all the complements.

No dents or scratches in door. Its just the reflection.

LS4me, I picked it up near San Diego. You may have seen my car.

I would like to get the CIA but I am concerned about warranty void.

Digital cammera is broken(wife dropped it in salt water. lol), so I have to post more pics later.

thanks for all the complements.
I would like to get the CIA but I am concerned about warranty void.

Not to worry. The CAI will only void the warranty on the stock air box. Unless it causes something downstream to fail; which is extremely unlikely.

Beautiful LS, congrats and good luck with it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back