My new DD

newman210

LVC Member
Reaction score
So, between driving my LS from Cincy to work and back, I realized I was going through one tank of gas a week, totaling about $240 a month.

I work at Acura and some kid traded in his '00 Civic Si 5spd. I quickly snagged it and got it for $2,700, even though it was priced at 8k. This car is immaculate, plus, it gets twice the gas mileage as my LS. It's super clean inside and out. 104k miles

DSC09245.jpg

DSC09246.jpg

DSC09248.jpg

It was listed at $8k? Wow, a dozen years old and over 100k miles, would it actually have sold anywhere near that much?

Acura dealer price 8k :rolleyes:

Exactly, and yeah, some rich kid would have bought the car with their parents money (happens all the time)

I KBB'd it, and from a private seller, it goes for 5-6k, and dealer price is 7-8k. This is a pretty rare Si, only made 2 years, and 90% of them you find are abused and/or riced out, lol. I still love my LS, just not the money in gas I put in it!

Nice lol. I'm not a fan of FWD but I always secretly liked those older Civic's. Whats it got done to it?

Nice lol. I'm not a fan of FWD but I always secretly liked those older Civic's. Whats it got done to it?

Neither am I. I much rather have a AWD turbo! But yeah, I love the older Si's bodies and I couldn't pass it up for $2,700. To my knowledge, it has a full Skunk2 racing exhaust setup, nice coilovers (it's very low and a stiff ride, but virtually no body roll), a cold air intake, "beefier" suspension components like lower control arms and all the good stuff, and tinted windows. All it really needs are some shifter bushings which I can get a huge discount on through Acura. All in all, it's a great little car. I drive way too much to be driving the LS around everywhere.

sounds like deal i would have taken...hell, gas is $4/gal...killin me too...if you get tired of it resale you might even make money

sounds like deal i would have taken...hell, gas is $4/gal...killin me too...if you get tired of it resale you might even make money

yeah, your average joe would probably pay 4-5k for it since it's so clean. I don't think I will sell it haha, I am already in love with it!

very nice. I work at a dealer too, but everytime I ask for a price on a used car its like they figure out the retail value and add another grand to it. I cant win. lol

very nice. I work at a dealer too, but everytime I ask for a price on a used car its like they figure out the retail value and add another grand to it. I cant win. lol

Thanks! Yeah, I think it can go either way..it's either a steal or a they still want you to pay retail value haha. Not going to lie, I was kissing the used car manager's butt before I asked him if I could buy it. I think that did the trick, lol

because you would buy out everything at cost and have your own dealership, k9's used cars!

What kind of mileage are you getting then? vs your LS. I have gotten a few rentals this past year and their mileage wasn't all that great compared to mine. Got a Chrysler Town and country 22 MPG (not bad for a van though), dodge charger with a V6 (25-27 MPG), and an Impala (24.4 MPG). Hell my Town Car got 24.2 MPG last time so compared to that, all this V6 rage has me confused. This was all highway traveling at 80 MPH on all cars.

Nice car to pic an flip
I drive a minnium of 400 miles a week so to me the more time I spend in my car the more I need to like it
Never could I drive a civic every day to work

What kind of mileage are you getting then? vs your LS. I have gotten a few rentals this past year and their mileage wasn't all that great compared to mine. Got a Chrysler Town and country 22 MPG (not bad for a van though), dodge charger with a V6 (25-27 MPG), and an Impala (24.4 MPG). Hell my Town Car got 24.2 MPG last time so compared to that, all this V6 rage has me confused. This was all highway traveling at 80 MPH on all cars.
Well, depending on gas prices, i get a full tank of premium from $35-$39 and that lasts me 330 miles. A full tank for me is only 11 gallons though. My average gas mileage (both city and highway combined) is 30mpg. I couldn't be happier. I love this little civic.

My LS was getting anywhere from 17-20mpg combined so I am saving a lot of money on gas.

Members online

Back