my new baby

just curious why do you want to add subs , the Ls has a pretty solid system , if anything change the speakers out , adding weight to your Ls defeats the purpose of getting V6

i don't need no v8, i'm not racing anyone i'm a dad with 2 kids, i don't have the time for all that racing **** i'm too old. I love my new car, being it's the only black ls in town!!!

It's not about racing. The V8 gives you additional features, cost only 1MPG, and is mostly easier to work on.
(Wait till you have to change the plugs on the V6. - Of course, V6 fans will say "wait till you have to replace the cooling system on the V8.")

Just my .02 - it's not a race car and there's nothing you could do to even make it a race car if you wanted to (unless you have about 30-40k between your mattresses to burn).

i don't need no v8, i'm not racing anyone i'm a dad with 2 kids, i don't have the time for all that racing **** i'm too old. I love my new car, being it's the only black ls in town!!!
Well considering most Corvette owners are men older then 50's and 60's, I wouldn't say your too old. LOL

true, I am happy with what I have. How do i go about hoking subs to it? is there a plug n go? where is it located?

true, I am happy with what I have. How do i go about hoking subs to it? is there a plug n go? where is it located?

You have to add an amp and subs. You'll need to run the line-level audio out from the Pioneer to the sub amp (best located in the trunk).
You could try to find the factory wiring at each end, but since you have an aftermarket headunit and you don't know how it was installed, it's probably better/simpler to just run some wires. You'll also need one for the amp turn-on. You'll need the installation manual for the Pioneer. You can get that as a PDF from Pioneer's site or elsewhere.

What all would I need for a 12" and an amp? Theres a factory amp b sub how can I keep that n addmore

What all would I need for a 12" and an amp? Theres a factory amp b sub how can I keep that n addmore

This is a little hard to decode. Are you saying that you do have the factory subs (two 6x9 in the rear deck) and the factory amp (mounted in the trunk under the rear deck)? Are they operational?

There are several threads on here about adding subs...

ok so there is really two ways to do this right

I'll try to keep it as simple as possible

you will need a box, sub or subs of your choice, an amp matched to that/those specific sub/s. and an amp kit.

the right amp kit will have a power wire with fuse, a ground wire, a RCA cable, an amp turn on wire, and some speaker wire.

first, tape the RCAs and the turn on wire together

remove the radio

connect the RCAs to the SUB PREOUT or SW OUT

then connect the turn on wire to the amp control wire coming out of the pioneer radio (blue/white)

the put the radio back in (take care to leave a few inches of cable behind the radio so the radio can still be pulled out later if needed aka do not pull the RCAs as tight as possible)

run those wires into the trunk

mount the amp somewhere, most people screw it to the back of one of the seats.

connect the RCAs and the turn on wire to the amp.

run the power wire with the fuse from the battery's positive terminal to the amp, cutting off any extra wire (making sure to put the fused end near the battery)

then either take the ground wire and connect it to the amp, scrape off some paint on a suitable spot on the body, and screw the ground wire into the metal body where the paint was removed (dont half ass it here, there needs to be bare clean metal where the ground wire screws to the body) (also make sure not to drill through anything important)
OR my favorite
take the extra power wire that was cut off (as long as it is long enough, which if it ain't, you probably ran the power wire wrong to begin with...) tape a couple inches of each of its ends black, then use this as the ground wire, running from the amp all the way to the battery's negative terminal (right along side the power wire)

install the sub into the box, connecting the wires from the box's terminals to the sub's terminals.

then run speaker wire from the amp to the sub box

then just adjust some knobs, set some settings, be done crack a cold one and enjoy it

OR just take it somewhere and pay to have it done.

mikels you should be very grateful for that last post from 1loudls. Everything he posted could have been found by you with a couple hours of research, but he was nice enough to lay it all out. Good luck on learning/trying something new, and remember google and the search function are your friend.

ok so there is really two ways to do this right

I'll try to keep it as simple as possible

you will need a box, sub or subs of your choice, an amp matched to that/those specific sub/s. and an amp kit.

the right amp kit will have a power wire with fuse, a ground wire, a RCA cable, an amp turn on wire, and some speaker wire.

first, tape the RCAs and the turn on wire together

remove the radio

connect the RCAs to the SUB PREOUT or SW OUT

then connect the turn on wire to the amp control wire coming out of the pioneer radio (blue/white)

the put the radio back in (take care to leave a few inches of cable behind the radio so the radio can still be pulled out later if needed aka do not pull the RCAs as tight as possible)

run those wires into the trunk

mount the amp somewhere, most people screw it to the back of one of the seats.

connect the RCAs and the turn on wire to the amp.

run the power wire with the fuse from the battery's positive terminal to the amp, cutting off any extra wire (making sure to put the fused end near the battery)

then either take the ground wire and connect it to the amp, scrape off some paint on a suitable spot on the body, and screw the ground wire into the metal body where the paint was removed (dont half ass it here, there needs to be bare clean metal where the ground wire screws to the body) (also make sure not to drill through anything important)
OR my favorite
take the extra power wire that was cut off (as long as it is long enough, which if it ain't, you probably ran the power wire wrong to begin with...) tape a couple inches of each of its ends black, then use this as the ground wire, running from the amp all the way to the battery's negative terminal (right along side the power wire)

install the sub into the box, connecting the wires from the box's terminals to the sub's terminals.

then run speaker wire from the amp to the sub box

then just adjust some knobs, set some settings, be done crack a cold one and enjoy it

OR just take it somewhere and pay to have it done.
God Bless you, just got some Sundown Audio from my buddy who is a wholesaler ..

mikels you should be very grateful for that last post from 1loudls. Everything he posted could have been found by you with a couple hours of research, but he was nice enough to lay it all out. Good luck on learning/trying something new, and remember google and the search function are your friend.

Gotta remember though, the Loud1 is an "audio extraordinaire" and appreciates the subject, clearly he's very much into sharing his expertise with others. The THANKS button indicates the appreciation of others help/input/values. Kudos to him for providing a larger response than simply typing SEARCH.

thank guys

God Bless you, just got some Sundown Audio from my buddy who is a wholesaler ..

actually just worked on a guys car with an 8" sundown.

this thing was a monster, the magnet barely fit through the sub hole! lol

had nice and deep bass too for only being an 8"

needless to say, I'm a fan!

clearly he's very much into sharing his expertise with others.

hey I came here to learn, and I've gained my fair share of knowledge... it only fair that I contribute what I know when I can. might not know as much as some others in all areas, but thats why this site is the best. we really have some people in every area and a couple that can handle ALL areas!

hey I came here to learn, and I've gained my fair share of knowledge... it only fair that I contribute what I know when I can. might not know as much as some others in all areas, but thats why this site is the best. we really have some people in every area and a couple that can handle ALL areas!
either way, you're a good person. Sundown audio was too expensive at this time. 1loud, if you had my car, what would you install? I have the Pioneer Avic d3 Double Din. Link me if you can. :) Amp wire and all.

A Bud of mine has his truck all outfitted with Crescendo midbass speakers, crazy set up, never seen a wall in a crew cab. Open the rear passenger door and it's all Amps, custom battery(s) box in the back bed.

He swears by that Crescendo product line.

A Bud of mine has his truck all outfitted with Crescendo midbass speakers, crazy set up, never seen a wall in a crew cab. Open the rear passenger door and it's all Amps, custom battery(s) box in the back bed.

He swears by that Crescendo product line.

So Big, why am I getting K-band alerts from tractors? Seems to be mainly Volvos.

LOL, <shrugs> Those Volvo 670's do have a lot electrical problems/recalls.

LOL, <shrugs> Those Volvo 670's do have a lot electrical problems/recalls.

I gotta tell 'ya, it's quite ANNOYING in the wide open spaces of Texas!!!!!! Hearing that thing beep every few miles......

like semi-truck tractors or farm tractors?

I've never got anything from a truck, farm equipment on the other hand...

I wonder if the trucks have any type of radar systems like some of the new cars do?

I dont know what kind of freq they use, but I wonder if systems like blind spot monitoring or adaptive cruise controls would ever trigger one?

Members online

No members online now.
Back