My kingdom for sport rear shocks

ive heard of tunning old springs or cutting springs to fit ive heard the word mono chamber and multichamber cheaper shocks bilstien used to be next door it was a small company making custom shock systems key word systems the shock they sell is a monoshock performance shock as to point to a better performance shock ... but if you want sports id look into systems that support adjusting the shock on the fly like considering the start of bags and then compressor is adjusting to what should of came with slamed ideas but that doesn't even do It for me unless your talking about adjusting anything lower than a 4 point jack system

You CAN purchase the shocks for all 4 corners... for a 2002 Jaguar S-Type.

But that means buying new springs for the front... and if you are going to do THAT... it would be best to replace the rear springs too... for balanced handling.

But that opens up a can of worms for sourcing the front lower spring isolators that will work on the Jag B6 shock.

You CAN purchase the shocks for all 4 corners... for a 2002 Jaguar S-Type.

But that means buying new springs for the front... and if you are going to do THAT... it would be best to replace the rear springs too... for balanced handling.

But that opens up a can of worms for sourcing the front lower spring isolators that will work on the Jag B6 shock.

Thank you for the clarification. Do you personally know if this set up (with the S-Type coil springs) will raise or lower the stance? I would love to keep the factory LS ride height.

I know that the LS had a variety of coil springs available. Are there a particular set for the S-Type with B-6 shocks?

I take it from your reply that the front lower spring isolators must be discontinued? If that is the case, would an aftermarket brand be a fair substitute? When you refer to lower front spring isolators, do you mean what Jaguar calls "spring seat" which is #5 in this picture?

Thank you!

2002 Jaguar S-Type front suspension.png

Last edited:
The B6 shocks with Jag springs on all 4 corners will start out with a slightly higher ride height... but settle in to factory ride height.

However... the overall handling will be better than the factory handling of the LS Sport version, (in my opinion of before and after).

#5 in the picture... is not a spring seat, (or isolator). It is a "shim" to restore factory ride height... to keep the suspension geometry "in spec". They are stackable to compensate for sagging springs. The only reason I know this... is because I ordered some thinking the were the isolator.

I think is gravel more than the vehicle sitting on down currently as problem ...ive felt the right move down over the major swells and dips the car may be interesting but the gravel also is annoying to the effect of pleasured driving like hearing your wheels also heard something I don't want to hear metal ringing on a chuck hole but so I know its time for rear links as doing the fronts already but road grime makes me believe otherwise than just shocks and tires as number 1 like get new rubber and then determine road grime

JMC,

To answer your question about the isolators being discontinued.... They were never available separately for the LS. They came with factory OEM replacement shocks.

There was an aftermarket company that produced them for a number of years... but they are discontinued and no longer available.

When I ordered my Jag springs to put on the LS... only one spring came with an isolator... so I sourced used LS isolators from junkyard vehicles.

They are very brittle, and difficult to remove from the old LS shocks... if the shocks are rusty.

It's all in the link I provided.

JMC,

To answer your question about the isolators being discontinued.... They were never available separately for the LS. They came with factory OEM replacement shocks.

There was an aftermarket company that produced them for a number of years... but they are discontinued and no longer available.

When I ordered my Jag springs to put on the LS... only one spring came with an isolator... so I sourced used LS isolators from junkyard vehicles.

They are very brittle, and difficult to remove from the old LS shocks... if the shocks are rusty.

It's all in the link I provided.

I've read alot of threads, very informative. Appreciate the time you took to do what you did and others too.. in regards to the shock upper mounts, what did you go with again. You stay with the LS upper mounts all around? Or convert to Jags on all corners?

I stayed with the LS upper mounts.

The Jag version is a 2 piece unit that appears to be about an inch taller.

To answer a comment you made in another thread... The S-Type springs definitely improve the ride and handling of the LS.

Not quite like riding on rails... but much better than the "pogo stick" ride of the factory LS suspension.

Installing non-passive rear toe links makes the back end of the car more predictable also.

I'll keep that in mind for sure, definitely this car will stay with me and may just burry me in it lol. Okay cool. So I see from ford the upper motorcraft mounts are available with the boot and all i believe. The front and rears are the same mount correct? I'm also looking to go with the H&R lowering springs. I currently have eibach springs installed with 18s. Looks like I'll go searching for some rear LS bottom coil seats too. I have 84k miles currently, I would think my rears should be okay.

But at the same time, couple hundred dollars more I would be in coilover price range which might be the better bet for lowering the vehicle, since putting lowering springs on a OE shock would defeat the purpose you think?

Members online

Back