My Kid's Rides

Reaction score
i did front brakes on my continental today and my children wanted to get their bikes out. i made them polish chrome and check air pressure before moving the bikes out of the drive and they wanted me to share Their Rides with you all.
i have tried to impart on them what Classic is in my own way so last year i found them all vintage Sting-Rays as reward for good school grades.

the gold bike in front is a Sears Spyder 5 Speed i found for a friend who still hasn't claimed it for his son yet.

bike 2 is my 12 year old daughter's '71 3 speed all original except for replacement shifter cable.

bike 3 is my 10 year old sons '73 that was a single speed that i converted to a three speed so he could keep up with his sister. it is not "original" as far as paint goes it has been repainted and has white wall tires - his California Cruiser as he calls it since it came from Sacramento,Ca via ebay.

bike 4 is my 8 year old daughter's '75 that is her "loaner" bike untill i finish her '74 project bike. the '74 is a basket case that i have slowly rounded up all the parts to fix it needs to have the fork and frame blasted and repainted.

what a great day...
:)

Kids Bikes 2.JPG

Shelbey's Ray.jpg

Hey those are cool. I remember having those. I know like classic muscle cars those bike are worth a ton now days.

We use to take an extra front fork off a wrecked bike and make choppers out of them. Damn we were cool! Just like Easy Rider!

my son loves the Forum and says a big Thank You. he wants an M7 for his first car i can't say no to that.
lol i tried the double fork only once and the first time i rode it it broke...
i had my murray Wilcat untill highschool and destroyed the frame jumping ramps with it.

i wish i still had it and hope my children will cherish the bikes to pass on to their children.
besides, i won't let them do otherwise since i am their Head Mechanic...
:)

Just remember not to watch your kids jumping off ramps LOL... I did it too but when I caught my kids doing it Ahhhhhh!!!! scared the heck (kids may be reading LOL) out of me.

Then my son said Dad didn't you do anything when you were a kid. I said no. I lived a boring life... (he's 19 now) got him that far.

Good that you kids understand what a classic is... I might not be brand new but it's worth a lot more!!

Seeing those bikes brings back alot of memories, thanks for posting the pics :cool:

HOTTIE PICS~ HOTTIE PICS ~ HOTTIE PICS!!!!!!! (with Helmets on, to keep em safe on the internet!)

I think your family will be the 1st LVC Family Membership, and by the looks of those HOT RODS, those HOTTIES will be around here for a long time - watch out MIKE!!!!! RAY!! GENO!!! those HOTTIES will be kickin butt on the track in a few years, if not sooner!

A Mark VII huh, a kid after my heart ;)

It'd be too cute to get em all lined up on their bikes with you in front of your HOT Lincoln! Ya know ya got to.....

Thanks for sharing...nice to know there are still real kids in the world ;)

SMOOCHES
MsM8

Members online

No members online now.
Back