My Car Is [Still] Broken. Please Help!

Well this really has been quite a fiasco. After finally getting my pcm back it was STILL broken. I called sia and they pretty much told me that they had broken my computer beyond repair and refunded my money. So here I am, out of time and money with a broken computer installed into my broken car. thanks so much for all your support, I have a few contingency plans that I am working on right now. Thanks again, and I guess Ill be back if i ever buy another lincoln (and NOT an LS)

Well this really has been quite a fiasco. After finally getting my pcm back it was STILL broken. I called sia and they pretty much told me that they had broken my computer beyond repair and refunded my money. So here I am, out of time and money with a broken computer installed into my broken car. thanks so much for all your support, I have a few contingency plans that I am working on right now. Thanks again, and I guess Ill be back if i ever buy another lincoln (and NOT an LS)
Look brotha I feel your pain....the Lincoln LS is like a woman ....their isn't nothing better than a good one and nothing worse than a bad one ...could use the same comparisons to a dog really...look your car might have been built on a Friday or hell even a Monday lol bottom line is like any car that comes off the assembly line you could get one before it that runs over 300,000 miles with very little issues yet the one behind it is a straight piece of shit " lemon" if you will my friend...anyway to compare one LS to the thousands of others is not practical...and yes you'll see this car can be quite problematic but it's a risk we all take today...remember the big box car companies are in this business to make money ....we can put a Machine into space for crying out LOUD LMAO!!!! To think we can't build a better base Sadan is just CRAZY ...The car companies build cars to last up until the warranty expires in most cases ...just a straight fact many ppl can't swallow

Look brotha I feel your pain....the Lincoln LS is like a woman ....their isn't nothing better than a good one and nothing worse than a bad one ...could use the same comparisons to a dog really...look your car might have been built on a Friday or hell even a Monday lol bottom line is like any car that comes off the assembly line you could get one before it that runs over 300,000 miles with very little issues yet the one behind it is a straight piece of shit " lemon" if you will my friend...anyway to compare one LS to the thousands of others is not practical...and yes you'll see this car can be quite problematic but it's a risk we all take today...remember the big box car companies are in this business to make money ....we can put a Machine into space for crying out LOUD LMAO!!!! To think we can't build a better base Sadan is just CRAZY ...The car companies build cars to last up until the warranty expires in most cases ...just a straight fact many ppl can't swallow

yoTPpIF.gif

My LS was def built on a Monday after a long weekend.

sandwiches? shit I can't even get my woman to make me a bowl of cereal.

She's a redhead with no job who loves the couch. Sometimes I feel like Al Bundy! I also own a Dodge. just need to change my career, have two kids and get a dog named Buck.

Went out to start, and now the PCM is really screwed. I turned it to accessory mode and the cooling fan turned on and didn't go off. fuel system repeatedly pressurized. Security light flashing. Dash was displaying every warning light "check traction control" "etc failsafe mode" "gear selector data error" "change engine oil" "service park brake"....in the left readout where it would normally say "N" or "P" or "D" it was displaying an "E"

This... along with the clicking in/under the dash, (relays switching back and forth), sounds like a power issue. If I had to guess at this point... I'd say you have a bad ground wire somewhere. If that's the case your PCM may be fried again.

Check the power distribution center in the trunk, (next to the battery), for water and/or corrosion. Check where the ground wire from the battery mounts to the body, for corrosion. If you had water in the kick panel where the PCM was... you might have it in the trunk too. Sounds like you have a couple sun roof drains plugged or disconnected... and water is dumping where it shouldn't.

Lastly, you might want to check ther starter connections for corrosion also.

Not sure about this... but I would think you could pull a PCM from another LS, (same year and configuration), and have it flashed to your LS based on the VIN number.

Not sure about this... but I would think you could pull a PCM from another LS, (same year and configuration), and have it flashed to your LS based on the VIN number.

I don't think that you have to change the VIN to match (though it is nice to do), but you do have to "marry" the new PCM to the cluster (PATS) and all your keys (must have at least two non-cloned keys).

Members online

No members online now.
Back