My Birthday Present

mmtphoto

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
my 96 is almost perfect, and I have done pretty much all I have wanted to do to it since I bought it to replace my beloved 93 that was killed by a driver who turned in front of it in Sept of 06.

This one is red, that one was a beautiful blue with blue interior-this one has very nice paint, and I have gotten it to the point where everything was just the way I wanted it-cold air intake, home made ice box, 50's, new air springs, replaced flawed trim, HID's, shift kit, ceramic pads all around with drilled/slotted rotors, tune, detailed to the max-

my beautiful wife of 26 years knew what I wanted to finish it off-this thing had a badly scratched windshield, the previous owner must have kept the wiper going even though there was virtually no rubber on the glass-one of those annoying things you always saw, tried to ignore-most people might have let it go, not an issue with inspection, but I hated it quietly-I said something about it ONCE, probably a couple of weeks after I got it. She had it fixed, in my driveway (behind the house, far enough away that I didn't know it got done this morning)-I came out to go somewhere, and BOOM-crystal clear, immaculate, a PERFECT WINDSHIELD!-sounds corny, I know I am hard to buy for, that is a great gift. I know most of you guys understand-once a motorhead, always...well, ya know

thats awesome man I allways wish for gifts like that but i allways get gift cards. Sounds like you have a good woman and a nice car!

thats awesome man I allways wish for gifts like that but i allways get gift cards. Sounds like you have a good woman and a nice car!

My 82 year old neighbor, whose 91 toyota camry I take care of, bought me a gift card-$100, at the advance auto, down the road from where i live-it went to good use today, got a CLUB for my resurrected Shelby, a LOW horn for my Mark, a S+W pocket knife and a bottle of Rain-Ex for my new windshield-still have $26 left-

life is good, I love my woman and my mark, and this is a great forum, :D thanks guys

Damn. i just got my car detailed for my birthday.....but i had to pay for it myself! lol. just buy yourself what you want and all is good.christmas,b-day, fathers day...... at least you can justify it.

Happy Birthday mmtphoto!

My wife now knows to buy more auto related stuff - i don't accept junk. Rather have nothing. She has the 'laundry list' of required parts and tools. :)

:HB :bestwishe :wave:wave

:Beer

married 26 years..I'm keeping this one...

I've had my 70 GTO longer (by 5 years), she does know the GOAT is first-that's why she butters me up with car gifts/suprises, I guess.:rolleyes:

And, crownvicjim, I DO take advantage and buy what I want each birthday-wish I had more than one a year, I'd get more done!

I wish my wife would do that, but she's not a car person so she does'nt understand. And neither does her family its hard being a car guy with no family to talk to about projects and stuff. You guys are the lucky ones, happy b-day.

Members online

Back