My baby is back home...

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
Everything is finally DONE AND OVERWITH!!!!!

THANK GOODNESS!!!!

So here are the "homecoming" pics, and pics of my recent pull'n'pay adventure...

I almost got stuck with $500 worth of storage fees... thankfully I did not.

1228091724.jpg

1228091724b.jpg

1228091724a.jpg

1205091042.jpg

1205091329.jpg

1205091330.jpg

1205091330c.jpg

1205091329a.jpg

1205091330a.jpg

1205091330b.jpg

Holy cow man, that thing is baddddddddd.

Good luck though!

LOL

Well it still runs so I'm not as depressed as I could be!

It'll be back. ;)

Here are some pictures of the damage after the hood was removed...

As you can see, it bent the core support pretty good. Also took the radiator with it. It broke 2 towers off of the coil which explains why it ran bad, The crossover tube got bent, the header panel was destroyed, the headlight is disintrigrated. The I might need a new power steering (??) cooler behind the bumper, The little ball that the hood strut clips onto has broken off, and a bracket that goes behind the header panel wiped out my transmission cooler.

Looks like the core support got pulled off the passenger side.. so that should make it easier! LOL

1229091445.jpg

1229091445a.jpg

1229091445b.jpg

1229091445c.jpg

1229091445d.jpg

1229091445e.jpg

1229091445f.jpg

1229091446.jpg

1229091449.jpg

Holy :q:q:q:q man, that car is like WTF did you do to me!!!

:q:q:q:q, what is the pic showing of the power steering radiator, Good luck man, too bad on the speed demon coil packs

Sorry to see that,
Bring it back to life...the 6 million dollar Mark!

Yeah I got a fair bit of money back, but half of it went towards a truck down payment,

The coil packs were stock. I'll get MSD's the 2nd time around. As for the wires, it broke the clips off that hold it to the pack... so I think I have to buy new wires...

Oh and also, all my headlight plugs were destroyed so it looks like I need a new headlight harness...

How much do you figure it would cost to fix it all up?

Hard to pinpoint an exact figure as of right now.

But soo far, I've spent $720 on parts. $375 on the buy back of the car.

I havent looked at it too hard, but I hope my fan is okay. I have one from a cougar but I cant remember if the speeds are different.

Parts I need soo far:

Airbox assembly
radiator
coil
2 plug wires (unless I can find some clips for MSD wires...)
grille
hood release bar
coolant crossover tube
Headlight harness (unless I can get the old connecters apart and re-pin new connectors)
New Hood light harness (tabs broke off the light holder)
The metal bracket that holds some sort of computer in front of the radiator
New Trans cooler
New Corner lights

I think thats it for what I need..

I currently have:

2 almost new headlights
2 fenders
1 hood
1 core support
1 header panel

One of my new years resolutions is to finish ONE of my projects! :lol:

Hard to pinpoint an exact figure as of right now.

But soo far, I've spent $720 on parts. $375 on the buy back of the car.

I havent looked at it too hard, but I hope my fan is okay. I have one from a cougar but I cant remember if the speeds are different.

Parts I need soo far:

Airbox assembly
radiator
coil
2 plug wires (unless I can find some clips for MSD wires...)
grille
hood release bar
coolant crossover tube
Headlight harness (unless I can get the old connecters apart and re-pin new connectors)
New Hood light harness (tabs broke off the light holder)
The metal bracket that holds some sort of computer in front of the radiator
New Trans cooler
New Corner lights

I think thats it for what I need..

I currently have:

2 almost new headlights
2 fenders
1 hood
1 core support
1 header panel

One of my new years resolutions is to finish ONE of my projects! :lol:

your spending way to much to revive this car...for what you have spent you could have had a car in better shape to begin with...anything worth while on your car i would have bought it back, but thats it...fixing wouldnt have been an option...its a rough piece to begin with

you could have found a complete parts car for $500 somewhere under a rock, i have purchased 3 marks now for less then $500 each...the most recent one being a 95 LSC for $300...not knocking you...a mark saved is a mark saved...but the price to pay to save, may not be worth end result

I hate junking cars...

I'll only junk a car if it's twisted and mangled or rusted beyond repair.

My car isnt that bad... and it wasnt a "rough peice" to begin with... only thing wrong with it was the passenger fender... then 2-3 months after I got it, the trans dropped a gear.

Other than that, my car is actually very nice. I got it cheap. All it needed before I wrecked it was an axle seal, oil pan/gasket and paint, and suspension work. Hell it busted off a 14.94 at the track!

I've looked and looked and looked for decent Marks around me. They don't exist. If they do exist I don't have ALL the money at once to drop on it. And it was a smarter move for me to buy a new truck instead. So now I just have the Mark to tinker on when I feel like it. Plus if I had to get another car... I'd have to put a trans in it... frankly I don't want to do that... I hate doing things twice.

I know you say I overpaid, but what am I gonna do, ya know? a real nice grille on Ebay is $200... headlights are $80... all the parts from the salvage yard were $430. It adds up. I won't dump a car off if it only needs a little "nose job" lol

You should see my '88 Mustang I have in the garage...

former 4cyl. car, 5 speed car. Red, gray interior... I put a roof on it, I'm getting ready to put a new cowl on it, inner fenders, and a core support... then when I'm done, I'll put subframes, torque box reinforcement plates and the whole 9 yards. It's getting 5-lugged, v8 conversion with a high compression explorer 5.0L. It's been in my garage for 3 winters soo far. It is literally just a shell, and thats it.

Some say start with a better car, but honestly... where are you going to find a "NICE" foxbody nowadays for cheap? Nowhere thats where. Atleast not around here. Cincinnati is a car city thats for sure, and we eat em up. I paid $100 and a car stereo for my '88... and it ran and drove when I brought it home. I was given my '85 coupe for free... it needs a drivetrain, new drivers door, new core support, and a trunk lid.

I'm all about buying used parts too... I hardly ever buy new parts... even engine parts... something with under 10k on it is practically new.. and broke in!

I am a firm believer in saving a car...

sorry If a ranted a little.

oh i agree about the used parts...maybe its just where i am, i cant give my mark viii stuff away, offered a complete front clip for $300, guy said no thats too much...i must have been lucky, the most expensive mark viii i have is the one i drive, i traded my 84 convertible 5.0L 5speed with 89 drivetrain and EFI

BTW i have all the odds and ends that you need pretty much everything you listed, i will sell cheap and i ship out of detroit, no customs fees

oh i agree about the used parts...maybe its just where i am, i cant give my mark viii stuff away, offered a complete front clip for $300, guy said no thats too much...i must have been lucky, the most expensive mark viii i have is the one i drive, i traded my 84 convertible 5.0L 5speed with 89 drivetrain and EFI

BTW i have all the odds and ends that you need pretty much everything you listed, i will sell cheap and i ship out of detroit, no customs fees

You have a PM sir

Members online

No members online now.
Back