My baby..1998 Lincoln Continental

atomheartmother

LVC Member
Reaction score
Well heres some pics of my 1998 Lincoln Continental..and get this it only cost me:

$1700.00 and I have put 10,000 miles on it so far and it has only needed me to change the igjection coils!!! I love this car!!

666.jpg

PICT0066.jpg

PICT0064.jpg

PICT0063.jpg

hello

Yeah I just got into a bit of customizing it. I ordered u/v leds and resistors that I am wiring beneath the seats and in the truck that will offer a purple glow when the interior lights activate. I also replaced the door lock posts with chrome skull ones that have red led lighted eyes...LOL
I have 2 7" inch monitors that are being mounted behind the head rests and I 5" inch up front (not sure where yet). I have a xbox that I have "enhanced" with a 160 gig hard drive that goes in the trunk that will be full of movies and games (classic arcade games like pac-man, centipede, space invaders) yeah this vehicle is going to be a project but its gonna remain classy just with a bit of "edge" LOL
I am not a youngster too much now (30 ...2 kids..) but I want this car to be unique. I really got lucky on the price.

hello

Yeah I was very lucky indeed, the story goes like this (all true):
Well a large dealership here in ohio that mainly only carries new cars and specializes in corvettes had it in the back of the lot with some junk cars. I asked the salesman about it, he was a bit of an idiot. Said old sales tactics like (well I cant do this I got to feed my kids...he had an armbrace on -sympathy tactic// he was really the perfect dirty car sales man all the way!!
Well anyways the price on it said $6900 and I told him I was interested in it certainly but inside the window it displayed a "SOLD" sign, so I asked him a few times in fact "Is it available or sold?"
He said "ohh I think its available...blah blahh blahh.." so he got me the keys and we rode it up to the office where his "boss" was and he jabbers some stuff back and forth and drives away and says "ohh yeah its available"
So I ask to take it on a test drive and off I go I state I will be back in 10 minutes or so and if I like I will bring back cash. Strangely he keeps asking so when you think your gonna want to take it. Strange as in I myself have been in various sales and sales management positions for years and all my training says once you get a "yes" you close the deal PERIOD before they have a chance to talk themselves out of it.. So he still keeps saying "so how soon you want it" I respond " well tonight if I like it."
So we take off on our now second test drive to get the money and to make sure all's well on the car .
We return with cash in hand and I go to find the salesman and he is nowhere to be found???? So all of a sudden this tall bald headed "manager" comes up to me and says " sorry folks I cant sell you that car its sold..."
I respond "what!?!?! we were told it was available!! and we are he to pay for it!!"
He states "ohh the other party that was interested just happehed to stop in while we were out on our test drive and pay for the car?"
I was like " BULL :q:q:q:q!!! You either contacted them and told them to come down or you are straight up lying!!"
After more and more innappropriate arguing between myself and the "manager" we storm out.
The next morning I wake up and realize that was B.S.. So unlike the night before when we arrived there where I was in "disguise as a poor person ---rock concert t-shirt holy pants , drove our sisters 85 Escourt (hey look like you cant afford :q:q:q:q when you go car shopping or they will pre judge you and know what you can actually afford..LOL)
I put on my suit head up there furious!! So to make a long story short I demand to speak to the dealship owner...he is there... he is disgusted with the servicce I got ( at least he acts like he is) he is scared of getting sued .... he sells me the car for $1700 outthe door tax and title!!

Mark one up for the underdog!!!:)
The n

atomheartmother said:
Well a large dealership here in ohio that mainly only carries new cars and specializes in corvettes had it in the back of the lot with some junk cars. I asked the salesman about it, he was a bit of an idiot. Said old sales tactics like (well I cant do this I got to feed my kids...he had an armbrace on -sympathy tactic// he was really the perfect dirty car sales man all the way!!
Well anyways the price on it said $6900 and I told him I was interested in it certainly but inside the window it displayed a "SOLD" sign, so I asked him a few times in fact "Is it available or sold?"
He said "ohh I think its available...blah blahh blahh.." so he got me the keys and we rode it up to the office where his "boss" was and he jabbers some stuff back and forth and drives away and says "ohh yeah its available"
So I ask to take it on a test drive and off I go I state I will be back in 10 minutes or so and if I like I will bring back cash. Strangely he keeps asking so when you think your gonna want to take it. Strange as in I myself have been in various sales and sales management positions for years and all my training says once you get a "yes" you close the deal PERIOD before they have a chance to talk themselves out of it.. So he still keeps saying "so how soon you want it" I respond " well tonight if I like it."
So we take off on our now second test drive to get the money and to make sure all's well on the car .
We return with cash in hand and I go to find the salesman and he is nowhere to be found???? So all of a sudden this tall bald headed "manager" comes up to me and says " sorry folks I cant sell you that car its sold..."
I respond "what!?!?! we were told it was available!! and we are he to pay for it!!"
He states "ohh the other party that was interested just happehed to stop in while we were out on our test drive and pay for the car?"
I was like " BULL :q:q:q:q!!! You either contacted them and told them to come down or you are straight up lying!!"
After more and more innappropriate arguing between myself and the "manager" we storm out.
The next morning I wake up and realize that was B.S.. So unlike the night before when we arrived there where I was in "disguise as a poor person ---rock concert t-shirt holy pants , drove our sisters 85 Escourt (hey look like you cant afford :q:q:q:q when you go car shopping or they will pre judge you and know what you can actually afford..LOL)
I put on my suit head up there furious!! So to make a long story short I demand to speak to the dealship owner...he is there... he is disgusted with the servicce I got ( at least he acts like he is) he is scared of getting sued .... he sells me the car for $1700 outthe door tax and title!!

The n

well you know they lose value once you take it off the lot and sounds like u took it off twice so the value must of sky rocketed down ;) ill take it for $100 :p ha im just playin! great story, you'll have to take pics of those mods :)

atomheartmother said:

The n

Sounds like quite a COMPLETE BS story to me.

I never can understand why people make :q:q:q:q up to try to impress people online.

jrhartman said:

I never can understand why people make :q:q:q:q up to try to impress people online.

Way to pick a fight.

jrhartman said:

You don't know if it's a :bsflag: story or not, I will believe the lady until proven other wise!!!!!

bsmeter.gif

pepperman: you have a very good point, I don't know for sure, but my BS meter is really going off (see above)....maybe she should post up the sales invoice and the dealership paperwork with a total of $1700 out the door and prove me wrong....it is a nice car, I just don't believe the story that came along with it....

.....the fact of the matter is that a dealership owner would have absolutely NO reason to worry about getting sued in the "story" above......

Maybe, but like i posted earlier I will believe the lady until proven other wise. I have seen some strange things happen at dealerships and this could be one of those strange events that happen every now and then!!!

jrhartman said:
bsmeter.gif

pepperman: you have a very good point, I don't know for sure, but my BS meter is really going off (see above)....maybe she should post up the sales invoice and the dealership paperwork with a total of $1700 out the door and prove me wrong....it is a nice car, I just don't believe the story that came along with it....

.....the fact of the matter is that a dealership owner would have absolutely NO reason to worry about getting sued in the "story" above......

Holy Poo Batman that things really going off :eek:

jrhartman said:

Okay now what in the hell about this story would impress anyone??? Its actually quite true. They were not intimidated by me at all after all I am 5" 7" 140 lbs. and had both my two kids with me. Seriously what an ignorant comment you made there. It actually happened exactly like that. I myself was skeptical as to why I ended up getting it so cheap, I figured it would blow up the moment it walked of the lot but here I am months and thousands of miles later with no issues. So you can take your B.s. and shove it up you ...dual exhaust.
Also I am not a lady rather a straight male. And To be honest if they were concerned over being sued...I have no clue...Now the dealership is Bob McDorman Cheverolet, And it is a small town that they sell in and they are a very large dealer in the area but not too large as they still do not want bad rep. as it will make a difference. And if I was to B.S. I think I would make the cost higher??? No it indeed went $1700 I can include a receipt even though IU should not as who gives a crap what your ignorant a$$ thinks PERIOD!!! But just to make you look like a A$$ I might.. Way to flame without the brains to realize you might end up looking rediculous. Hold for a pic!!

Well I am looking for the bill of sale and if and when I find it I might just post a pic. But to be honest I just cant help but to feel shocked that on a forum based on classic vehicles people still conduct themselves as if this is a teen chat line. Know I reviewed my origianl post and that is indeed how it took place. The exact way the price even hit the $1700 mark was once I went in the next day in a nicer outfit, I initially spoke to the tall bald headed "salesmanager" again I just stated that I felt it was unjust that I was not told initially that the vehicle was sold, and that the original salesman should have told me straihgt up up it was not available rather than waste my time. He stated well when the sales man came to me and told me you were interested in the car I told him it was sold and he could write a "back-up deal". I said " Well first off this is NOT what he said, all he said was ohh yeah its available and when you want to take it home?" I also stated that I didnt even know what the hell a back-up deal was?? Which was true, sure as soon as I took a second to figure it out I knew what it meant, but again at no point did the salesman ever mention a back up deal.
So as for the price I got here is how that took place. A third man came into the picture the "owner supposedly" he stood over the other guys shoulders as he tried to tell me what the salesman did and did not do. And I refused to allow him to say that as he WAS NOT present during any conversations among myself and the salesman. So then after about a good half hour he said something along the lines "We'll if he told you that the car was available he shouldnt have..blah blah blah.. and well talk to him.." YEAH RIGHT!!
At this point since his boss was over him he did act more concerned..Key word ACT.. and said well what can I do , theres other cars out there I can make you a good deal on.
I said no I wanted that car thats why I drove it on 2 test drives and returned with cash. I told him I made the salesman an offer of $1500 and that the salesman kept saying that he had to have $1700. I also said that I would pay whatever ever I wanted if I found a car I wanted Period but I do know how to negotiate I am not stupid. He said this (which to this day I think was B.S. and an act) he said "well how about I call the origianl buyer and see if he really wants it as he buys a lot of cars off me and auctions them off, he lives right down the street, would that work?" I say "definetely" So he gets on speaker phone and calls this "guy" which again to be honest I still think he just called some other salesman that works there and had him act like the guy that bought it.. But anyways he calls him up and tells the guy with me there" ohh we made a mistake and a salesman here sold the Lincoln under someone elses eyes and how attached are you to that Lincoln? If you help me out of this jam I will take care of you on some other cars you pick up.." The guy on the other end sounded as if he could have cared less. So he says "well there ya go and he sells it to me for the $1700 which is the price I imagine he sold it the the guy to auction it off for which is very possible.
Now that I have wasted more of my time responding here for some reason I need my head examined as who gives a crap what anyone on here thinks. I was just sharing the story as I am still to this day greatful to have been in the right place at the right time and had decided that morning when I got up to go down there and say something, as it was not right what they did. Could they be sued?? I have no clue to be honest, it was wrong for them to allow me 2 test drives and I stated many many times I wanted the car so there was NO doubt in my intentions then once I get back wth the cash to say..:eek:oppps its already sold!!" think about it!! But I never would be able to afford a car like this as I have priorities but I look at it everyday and thank god I pushed it and got it. This is about as good a summary of the whole experience as it gets. The dealership as I said only sells newer cars and mainly covettes "its called corvette country" they usually have like 5- 10 cars in the far back that they sell cheap before they go to some guy that buys them all. They go dirt cheap like $100 - $1000 for decent cars that have cosmetic damage and high miles. This Lincoln oncce I sa it I knew it was a deal, I had no idea about Lincolns at all. It was filthy inside and out but I saw a newer body style, no physical damage, and it ran...ran real well, so I knew it was the one to grab. I just threw $1500 out there as it said much more but I planned to land in hte middle like $4500 or so I never expected $1700.
I still say it once a day I cant believe what we got for $1700 we'd never own a car like this...well not anytime soon. And I posted this thread as I am now a fan for life, I love this car and thats why once I found this forum I wanted to help contribute,,, but I do not have the time or patience for flaming so if thats how it goes around here goodbye, I hope not as I still wish to contribute. But dont doubt this and dont take it as I am B.S. ing to make myself look better as I could give 2 :q:q:q:qs about anyone on here that wants to "pick a fight" Be jealous, be ignorant, but keep it to your self.

Also if anyone is also doubting what I intend to do to my car heres some of my work on game systems and such I make:

PICT0056.jpg

sys5.jpg

PICT0104.jpg

PICT0087.jpg

PICT0082.jpg

I also have done custom lighting for arcade machines, cars, homes, movie theaters.. So please do not think I am lying... Or go ahead I am a 30 tear old father of 2 that restores arcade machines for a living..

PICT0030.jpg

jrhartman said:

Ohh also I never understood why people flame to get attention..sad very sad..

hey, if you produce the sales slip with that price, I am more then willing to issue you an apology and admit that I was wrong in my assumption....

FWIW: nice work on those boxes

jrhartman said:
hey, if you produce the sales slip with that price, I am more then willing to issue you an apology and admit that I was wrong in my assumption....

FWIW: nice work on those boxes

Thats okay man. Dont need an apology as it does not effect me either way, your intentions are quite clear from your original post as I stated if I find my bill of sale I may post it up but to be honest I dont care to prove anything to anyone on here (not a cop out) just dont really care... I was upset when I read your post initially only as I was to be honest caught a bit off gaurd that someone would doubt how one attained a car??? I meanI have bought many a car and have had many experience getting one but none as filled with "drama" as this one. And then to share the info. on here and someone to say "B.S." and that I was trying to make myself look better??? Okay well as I stated to say I got a car for cheap how does that improve the way I look to anyone? Now if I were to brag about all the cash I threw out and how wealthy I am (which would be a lie!! Dont get me wrong I am not starving but myself and my wife work very hard for what we have) that would be bragging to make myself look better. Plain and simple I got the car for $1700, I got a good deal, the dealer played games with me "WOW thats never happened to anyone before??:rolleyes: :shifty: I thought I'd share, you thought you get a kick from flaming, now I will take my ball and go home.. But no I looked for my paperwork lastnight and I may look today but I am tired of even getting a bit flustered over it as what is the importance of it?? I have no need to impress anyone on here as I could log out and not return and life still continues....LOL Much more important things to waste my time on. But thanks for your....well waste

hey, this is a great site and we need as many Conti owners as we can get. and we would be glad if you stick around here.

thanks and I still want to contribute with any help any ideas I get and hopefully you all can help me as you have already when it came to finding the location of my injection coils. No worries here all. I just try to be an honest person all the way as I recently suffered and am still recovering from a minor heart issue so I definetely dont want any extra stress and from someone wishing to pick a fight on a online forum?? Well theres thousands out there (none as comprehensive in relation the my love for my new vehicle...cheers to you all!!) but again that was why I was surprised a bit over the ...well...:mad:

atomheartmother said:
thanks and I still want to contribute with any help any ideas I get and hopefully you all can help me as you have already when it came to finding the location of my injection coils. No worries here all. I just try to be an honest person all the way as I recently suffered and am still recovering from a minor heart issue so I definetely dont want any extra stress and from someone wishing to pick a fight on a online forum?? Well theres thousands out there (none as comprehensive in relation the my love for my new vehicle...cheers to you all!!) but again that was why I was surprised a bit over the ...well...:mad:

Just like the in person world, some people are just asses. Ignore them and move on.

BTW, welcome to the Lincoln world.

LOL!!! No its a Pink Floyd album Atomheartmother...my favorite band. LOL now I see though LOL thats very understandable.. And no I am not B.s. about the album title...:p

Damn I should have known that i have seen the album title before but it has been a long long time!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back