My 89 MK7 project has issues...

HOT ROD LCN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently aquired a decent 89 LSC 5.0 from a friend. Its got some issues, of course.Ive been a fan of this site for a while, and this is my first lincoln, so I have a few questions I hope someone can help with.

1) there is a pulsing noise that I cant turn off. it is Higher in pitch than door open alarm, but is very similar. All doors are closed, over head/interior lights are off???
2) The rear bags pump up perfectly on startup, but totally a$$ out after being off for a few hours. There was 1 time about a year ago, i was in car (with previous owner) that the rear deflated while driving. We pulled over, started up, and waited. filled up and we were good to go. Q-does this sound like leaky bags and nothing else? id rather just pay for 2 bags then the coil spring conv. ( car has a few other issue$$$)
3) I only have key for the ignition. I have the keypad code for trunk. Ive heard that there is a code # in trunk to unlock doors-anyone know exactly where? Is there a way to reset keypad?

Thanks- I really love this ole Hot Rod Lincoln, And hopefully between this great forum and my stubborness, we can save another mk7 with way too much potential for the boneyard. Looking foward to being a part of LVC!!!!

1) No idea, explain more in detail.

2) Bags are leaking, soapy water will find the culprit, cheap and easy fix.

3) Go to lincolnsonline.com, look in the tech section, you will find all you need to know.

Thanks ill-7,
the first question I figured out, it was the alarm. lincolnsonline.com is a great resource. Very nice gallery of mk7s there too! thanks bud!:cool:

If you have the code for the trunk, you have the code for the doors. The driver's side door would unlock before you pressed the "5" for the trunk :confused:

"I have the keypad code for trunk"

Doesn't your car have a button for the trunk, in the glovebox?
Thats how I open mine as I have no key also - just think it would be quicker than putting in codes?

Yeah, it didnt work. I found the # on right side door hinge. Not too sure why it dont work, but am gonna reprogram it (to unlock doors, since I DONT have that key either) as written in lincolnsonline.com. Ive had the car about 4 days now. it didnt come w/ a manual, so am finding things out by trial and error, and reading old posts on LVC. Funny thing i didnt notice before, passenger door lock wont go down. not with autolock, or by trying to push it by hand, weird?
Also, my car is an LSC w/ 5.0 H.O., it has a hoodscoop on it thats pretty nice.Its opening faces toward frnt bumper.The hood itself is not cut to let air in from scoop, so its just cosmetic. Was that a factory option,or was it a popular aftermarket thing. Ive seen a few LSCs with it, but not all. any ideas? Thanks to all, happy new year!!

Sounds like the passenger door lock actuator inside the door is frozen.

And the hood scoop is a popular aftermarket thing some people do.

Thanks guys-Just waiting to find a haynes book before trying to take door panel off. Good thing is this is a no-rush project, when its ready ill put my present daily driver up for grabs, hopefully just in time for spring.

oh yeah, speakin about keys- what is the keyhole thing in the console by the mirror control? is there any way to get keys made from vin #?

And my original question #1 im pretty sure has to do with the dreaded tripminder. itll go off if I hold reset and hit alarm button. no other buttons seem to work though-

HOT ROD LCN said:
oh yeah, speakin about keys- what is the keyhole thing in the console by the mirror control? is there any way to get keys made from vin #?

That's a lock for the center console. Your trunk key should work for it, just like your glove box.

Members online

No members online now.
Back