HyeLifeLS Dedicated LVC Member

Quick wash

IMG_5386.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

2. AmsterDutch

AmsterDutch Dedicated LVC Member

3. HyeLifeLS

Thanks. Eibachs in the rear and sprints in the front. Eibachs didnt lower the front much with the V6, front was a tad higher.

• Like Like x 1
    • Robb15033

Robb15033 Active LVC Member

Incredible!
      Where did you get the headlight assemblies>

• HyeLifeLS

Thanks.

Headlights are the original ones, the lens was removed and the amber part was cut out for both about 14 years ago.

• Peny

Peny New LVC Member

That a beauty buddy!!

• Like Like x 1
      • HyeLifeLS

Just a little update on the LS

I went with new headlights since my old ones kept fading and I got tired of dealing with it, a member Midwest_LS hooked me up with oem amber side markers too (thank you), so far love the look.

I did have to change the transmission again (number 4 now) since it failed again.

304000 miles now.

35E984FE-8E5F-4D04-A35D-493679A649A4.jpeg

682D72B0-4496-4809-AE24-16333CAA4F95.jpeg

• DeviLSh

DeviLSh Dedicated LVC Member

love that your mileage is this high, truly an inspiration.

Glad to see an update on it again.

• Like Like x 1
        • rgorke

rgorke Well-Known LVC Member

Looks fantastic!!!

A few Qs:

1) Front wheel spacer: 20mm, right? with the spacer, how much of the existing lug sticks past the spacer? I presume your Zeus wheels have the space in between the lug holes for the existing lugs to fit into. What I am wondering is what is the smallest spacer w/lugs I could use that would work? IOW's, 20mm spacers seem to work, would 15mm spacers work? I can double check how deep the cut outs are on my wheels. A picture is below...

2) What transmission problems were you having? I'm at 240k (not nearly where you are...) and having slight rough shifts. The trans has been maintained throughout the life of the car. I have all the service documents from 89 miles to the present, it was my parent's car. I will be changing out the solenoid in the coming week or so.

45883880_2042051269149789_3580732668674834432_n.jpg

• HyeLifeLS

1) I actually use a 20mm hubcetric spacer/adapter which has it’s own studs coming out of it so no issues with it at all. Got a new pair recently for about $100 from ebay, aluminum in black. They are great.

2) transmission was pretty much loosing first gear and the reverse, would not really move the car unless u manually shift in SST, but shifting badly. Turning it off and on would make u move forward in D5/D4 sometimes but only maybe through first gear or so but would rev out randomly. I think it’s just toast at that point. My previous transmissions did the same that is why i replaced em with another used unit since i spoke to few transmission shops and no one wants ti rebuilt a V6 transmission since they said it doesn’t come out good. No new onces are available so the only way to go is another used one or get rid of the car.

It takes me about 5 hours to do a tranny swap, plus transmission is $400 delivered to my house. Plus $50 for fluid. I can do that every few years.

I have had solinoid and valve body issues before and they act differently, hard shift and hard delayed reverse shift. That can be repaired.

• rgorke

rgorke Well-Known LVC Member

Thanks, and I just noticed that you are in Long Beach. I am in Camarillo, so we should connect. There is another guy that lives up here in Ventura. Are you getting reman'd trannies for $400?

In terms of the wheel, I probably wasn't clear but I think you answered my question.

I realize the spacers come with studs. The spacer is bolted onto the hub using the existing lug studs. My question is how far do the existing studs stick out past the spacer. I want to make sure any spacer I use is thick enough so that the existing wheel studs will fit in the circled holes.

wheel stud holes.jpg