My 04 LS

hey! a como guy. i've been to that walmart. :lol:
i'm from jcmo and go to school in rolla.
nice to see a more local guy on here. :W

Wooooo!!! My best friend is currently a soph at Rolla studying Petroleum Engineering. And I might even pay a visit for St. Pats week :shifty:

"COPs gone bad? I found a really nice set on ebay for $50 with a lifetime warranty"

-Lincoln LS advice dog

Nice car, just needs some fender well chrome accents :p

Thanks! I like this advice dog thing :D.

And speaking of fender well chrome.... I saw this car again at Walmart today. More than likely an employee. Hopefully I'll be able to track him down and get him on LVC to convince him to do some chrome deleting.

IMG_36931.jpg

The front isnt as bad as it could have been i guess? The grille is visibly (up close) attached with zip ties. Maybe if it was black it might be better....

Well. It's been a while. I've been waiting on the amp I've ordered to ship. It's finally here and will be doing the install over spring break. Woo! Screw PCB! :shifty:

Also. Since its spring break I'm going to be working about 70 hours and will have the funds to possibly buy an LSE Grille.
This is currently what I'm looking at.
Also most definitely down to do business with any LVC'er who is willing to sell me a black LSE grille :D

Dont order from that site. It's defunct and they'll take your money then receive nothing. Shoot Tasca Auto Parts an email and they can get you an LSE grill for around that same price.

Dont order from that site. It's defunct and they'll take your money then receive nothing. Shoot Tasca Auto Parts an email and they can get you an LSE grill for around that same price.

I've kinda gathered that in my brief time here.
Anyways. Found this on eBay from Tasca

192 plus 20 shipping seems pretty fair to me. Gotta grab one before they pull the plug on them entirely. :D

Pretty sure if you go through Tasca directly instead of through their ebay store you can get the grille for like 20 bucks less iirc

Pretty sure if you go through Tasca directly instead of through their ebay store you can get the grille for like 20 bucks less iirc

Mine was low 180s from max at Chapman (5-Star) Ford.

Lots of new stuff!

For starters... I wanted to have iPod capability and still keep the stock look of the headunit, so i bought the iSimple TranzIt. It's a really quick install and it just plugs into the antenna cable.
I took power off of the lighter and flush mounted the on/off switch. Ran iPod cable under everything and out by the seat.
IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3851.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

The rest of the pics are the what turned out to be 2 hour process of a sub install Cheers!
RF 500w mono amp
2 RF Prime R1 12's
Scosche RevoPak 8g amp wiring kit (Nicest wiring kit ive ever used)
Also used a PAC line out converter.
IMG_3711.jpg

^this cat WILL NOT leave her box now :D
IMG_3712.jpg

^Everything before installing
IMG_3713.jpg

^Everything wired in the trunk, ready to hook up the amp!
IMG_3848.jpg

^This is how i wired my remote. Not very conventional but i like how it turned out. This is the fuse for the radio, so now i have a fused remote connection and the radio still remains fused. :D
IMG_3715.jpg

^After about 45 minutes of playing around i was so happy to see the little blue power light on!
IMG_3854.jpg

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

IMG_3855.jpg

^Finished product :D

Yes i know the wiring is a bit sloppy but i was pressed for time and will be cleaning it all up later this week. :p

Also noticed quite a few dull spots in the paint earlier today. Did a bit of clay barring and polish and the spots are gone!

Unfortunately, it happens to be pollen season. :(
While I was barring/polishing I could literally see the tiny green specks hitting my car.
It was nice and black when i took the pics and now has a wonderful green hue all over. Not to mention my allergies are kicking my @ss.

Pics of my clean baby!
CIMG0138-1.jpg

CIMG0135-1.jpg

CIMG0134.jpg

I really need to go somewhere where I won't get so much reflection off of the body :eek:

Great job, that switch install is clutch.

My ipod cable comes out at the same spot, plug in phone and wedge phone between seat and console = win.

How does it sound?

I hear ya on the allergies and pollen. I wiped the car down today just 2 days after washing it, it was green. My vinyl'd LS catches more pollen than my paint did - so it is double headache. In addition, I park outside so it will see no end in green for another couple weeks.

Great job, that switch install is clutch.

My ipod cable comes out at the same spot, plug in phone and wedge phone between seat and console = win.

How does it sound?

Thanks! Means a lot comin from you! Makes me feel all good inside haha. But yeah. It's right on par with CD quality. I was really impressed. Absolutely zero interference. All i have to do is tune the radio to 87.9 IIRC, turn on the switch, and play. I was kinda sad that it doesnt handle phone calls... Oh well for 60$ im happy.

hey! a como guy. i've been to that walmart. :lol:
i'm from jcmo and go to school in rolla.
nice to see a more local guy on here. :W

Good to see some more Rolla Enginerds here. I graduated in 2005 with BSCivE and the LS was the first thing I bought. Living in AR now but still make it to MO to see the family. St. Pats in Rolla was always a riot!

Pan, your car is looking good. I feel you on the pollen. It does wash off easy after a clay bar and wax though. If you are mechanically inclined this site is full of information for you. The gen2 v6 is less popular on here than most, but there are enough of us to get you the info you need.

Welcome

Members online

No members online now.
Back