Mustang steering rack

tolincoln

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a quicker more sporty feel in the steering for 1993 mark do you know if a quicker ratio mustang rack would bolt in to our cars? I remember years ago seeing a post in one of the lincoln forums of somone using a 96 cobra rack not sure if it was a bolt in job.

the first gen mark viii rack is already pretty quick.
by the numbers i found, quicker than the 97 mustang rack.
14.1 vs 14.7

the first gen mark viii rack is already pretty quick.
by the numbers i found, quicker than the 97 mustang rack.
14.1 vs 14.7

Haven't verified myself but have also read the same, gen one Marks and 93-97 T-Birds had the best option for ratios. If you looking for responsiviveness, ensure the susspension bushings and ball joints are solid first.

I feel like the steering isn't the same over the years. I've changed all my front end parts but I have a little sloppy play in the steering wheel you can wiggle it side to side maybe half a inch.

It could possibly be the rag joint. Do they still sell new rag joints?

Which is the u joint part number from flaming river that would be a exact replacement bolt on for the rag joint?

The 1993-96 Mark VIII and 92-97 Tbrid/Cougar racks are the quickest lock-to-lock available for the FN/MN cars.

91-97 MN12/93-96 FN10 =============== 14.10 ratio with 2.75 turns L-T-L
97-98 FN10======================== 17.25 ratio with 3.23 turns L-T-L

Which is the u joint part number from flaming river that would be a exact replacement bolt on for the rag joint?

None that I know of, I think this is as close as they get. I checked rock auto and could'nt come up with anything. Have you tried just going to NAPA to see if they can come up with a part or a number?

Flaming river part numbers on summit
-Borgeson Universal 313434,
-Borgeson Universal 409208,
-Flaming River FR1715DD

Members online

Back