Muffler&Tips ??

Thanks Gents for the input, I orderd the 11224 magnaflow mufflers off of ebay 146.00 shipped for both and bought the tips off of the website that Marc posted.

Thanks again everyone for your input.

Heres how I mounted my mufflers to the tips. Sorry it took so long.
DSCF1618.jpg

DSCF1617.jpg

Thanks Hite either way i was curious on how your's were mounted, Are those center in?

Hmm, thought the LS was 4000lbs. Even better. Hite, nice work, how about a shot a little ways back at normal standing height? BlackLS06, not gonna rise to the bait. While I could debate the advantages of the Chevy LS engine over the AJ engine for days, it would not be appropriate for me to do that here.

Manoli, Hite's setup actually tucks in a slight bit closer than mine even after I went back and had my hangers adjusted. I am close but not that close.

Honestly, shoot for his setup as best you can.

I'm in the same boat as well glad I saw this thread. I was thinking about doing the magnaflow complete system. It's time to replace my mufflers anyway because I see water leaking from the welds on both of them. Also I need to show off that rear end since I have the LSE rear valence on. I was considering just getting the whole magnaflow kit and get the tips of my choice. Anyone here running this package?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp

Thanks again Hite! I am def taking those pics with me to the shop for refrence it's exactly what im shooting for.

Manoli, Hite's setup actually tucks in a slight bit closer than mine even after I went back and had my hangers adjusted. I am close but not that close.

Honestly, shoot for his setup as best you can.
Will do!
I'm in the same boat as well glad I saw this thread. I was thinking about doing the magnaflow complete system. It's time to replace my mufflers anyway because I see water leaking from the welds on both of them. Also I need to show off that rear end since I have the LSE rear valence on. I was considering just getting the whole magnaflow kit and get the tips of my choice. Anyone here running this package?

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopdisplayproducts.asp

I think a few members are im sure they will chime in.

So you drive the ls with-out any tips? I was afraid if melting the valance with out the tips installed.

Thanks again Hite! I am def taking those pics with me to the shop for refrence it's exactly what im shooting for.

Will do!

I think a few members are im sure they will chime in.

So you drive the ls with-out any tips? I was afraid if melting the valance with out the tips installed.

No it don't have any effect. The tips are turned down and they are not even close the rear valence.

No it don't have any effect. The tips are turned down and they are not even close the rear valence.

Cool I was even going to have it towed to the muffler shop lol in fear of melting it haha!

Gotta any tips picked out yet?

Naw man I'm currently looking and trying to see what I want. I know it's going to be a double tip style though.

VERY nice looking tips, Hite. A lot of tips get put on and they'll look like add-ons, but those just look right.

Cool I was even going to have it towed to the muffler shop lol in fear of melting it haha!

Gotta any tips picked out yet?

I learned my lesson with this...part of mine melted. I had to use a dremel on the cutouts but plan on getting a new bumper when i redo my exhaust. :(

Whistling and laughing.........I learned too. Mine slightly melted. LOL...

Would a borla muffler be the same setup as what you guys are running in terms of center input and offset output? I'm wanting borla mufflers but I have no idea what I'm really looking at when I search.

Hmm, thought the LS was 4000lbs. Even better. Hite, nice work, how about a shot a little ways back at normal standing height? BlackLS06, not gonna rise to the bait. While I could debate the advantages of the Chevy LS engine over the AJ engine for days, it would not be appropriate for me to do that here.

Lots of people think they are heavy cars. Let them keep thinking that. I am certain a moonroof car is more in the 3800 lb range and the 2nd gen had something done to the brake calipers or something. I wish they hadn't done that because it messed with the balance. NHNT.

What I need is help on muffler selection for 2nd gen. I would like a deep mellow sound at lower revs that becomes obnoxiously loud with higher pitch. I have been looking at the MF race mufflers with the straight through design. Any hints? Thanks

Lol robot 3800 pounds is still a heavy car. You kept talking as if it were only 3000 pounds. Add a driver and the car is moving over 4000 pounds at all times. The car doesn't drive itself does it?

Lol robot 3800 pounds is still a heavy car. You kept talking as if it were only 3000 pounds. Add a driver and the car is moving over 4000 pounds at all times. The car doesn't drive itself does it?

I am talking in relative terms. Compared to a Honda Civic, sure, she is heavier. However, many on here are comparing the LS to Chargers, G8s, and dare I say it, MKS. I am a realist. I don't expect to get mega performance from the 3.9 LS. I'm just saying the LS can be competitive with many of the cars we are likely to come across. I would feel confident going up against a 4200 lb Hemi Charger with 340hp with my 3700 lb LS with 280hp from 40 mph. That's all. Let's not mention some of the cars hitting the scales at 4500 lbs. They say 100 lbs is about 10hp. I weigh 215lbs so with driver and 70 lbs of gear in the trunk, I am still sitting under 4000 lbs.

Nice booty shot Rollin :D

Hite ever think about getting the LSE spoiler or the M3 lip?

Members online

No members online now.
Back