MSD Ignition Mark Viii ??

cinz4064

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever put a MSD setup in a mark viii i have a 96 and i'd like to know the advantages/disadvantages or if its even possible?

will it give any advantage over stock will the car need a tune?

A standard MSD unit stops multiple sparks after like 4000 rpm I think. So it cleans up unburn fuel below that rpm. No other work needed to car to install MSD.

will it give any advantage over stock will the car need a tune?

A standard MSD unit stops multiple sparks after like 4000 rpm I think. So it cleans up unburn fuel below that rpm. No other work needed to car to install MSD.

Useless waste of money for our cars. Good for old carbed single coil cars. COP and dual coil cars like Marks it will not help at all.

^ Agreed. And truth be told, a spark is a spark. Its when the spark happens that is important. A stronger spark, etc. does not equal gains in HP. There is a big write up somewhere that talks about flame front, etc. Its a good read.

I spoke with msd while on the tour. He said to the effect that Do not buy the cop they sell as a performance upgrade unless the car is sprayed and or boosted as it will not help anything in a n/a application. BUT as a cheaper than factory replacement they ARE a good idea as they are a quality cop and the are cheaper than buying from ford

I spoke with msd while on the tour. He said to the effect that Do not buy the cop they sell as a performance upgrade unless the car is sprayed and or boosted as it will not help anything in a n/a application. BUT as a cheaper than factory replacement they ARE a good idea as they are a quality cop and the are cheaper than buying from ford
Problem with MSD COPs are they dont last. 40k is all you will get out of them. The heat under the cover is too much for them. The 2V GT guys like them better cause they are exposed so they air cool a little.

Many guys on Stangnet have been through them with their Cobras. Great coil when new but they just dont last.

Members online

No members online now.
Back