Mpg

Why are you refering to a totaly different car than the LS?

If a dealer messes with the ecu the tune gets deleted and it goes back to factory but they can not program it for performance!

They can change the certain settings that power programming tools like the SCT can do. They usually don't unless his dealer figures that doing so is ok even though it can lead to major trouble for them. They aren't limited to just changing settings to account for tire size and new gear ratios and daytime running lamps, they can change many more settings than just that but again, usually don't since it is not very smart of them and can put a lot of liability on them.

01 5 speed V6

13 in the city.
20-25 on the highway.

use to get 18-20 in the city, something has changed.

I'm not too sure about city mileage, but i would venture in the 14 to 15 mpg range. Highway is pretty decent at 26 to 28 mpg's. 2000 LS V8 with 132K and in need of maintenance.

:bsflag:

No single dealer has the ability to flash the damn thing for performance tunes in those of which you state and again I am not the only one telling you this. I never ever heard of a tune for the exhaust for any car especially considering the fact that the LS exhaust be it aftermarket or stock is within the ratio to the amount of HP you will see anyways ( again unless you go for a forced induction app ).

And no, I never did much to my car myself except for maybe oil changes and wheels. Maybe some other minor things as well.

You know you can take that flag and shove it up your A$$ because I have been reading alot of your other posts and you seem to get proven wrong all the time. So you are saying that there is no need to EVER tune a car for exhaust unless it has forced induction? Damn dude you must ride it some slow a$$ street cars and you don't know what you are talking about....thanks glanga for backin me up

Is this at all in regards to performance. Like I originally stated, I know they can flash for certain things but they do not have capability of doing a true performance tune.

This is what I have gone by according to every Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer in my area so if anyone else that knows more on the LS and flash tuning agrees let me know cause I would love to make it that much more simple. I mean, why would you buy the SCT? Why would every member here invest so much into it if we could just go to the dealer?

Hey retard I never said that they did an awesome tune on it like a real performance shop would. They didn't adjust the air/fuel or anything like that. They simply put in that I had a K&N filter and some 40 series mufflers.

I'm not saying they didn't do this, they possibly could have... but do you know exactly what they did to adjust for this?
The only thing I can think of adjusting for putting on a K&N is the air/fuel but the MAF would do that on it's own. And for the exhaust to adjust the EGR level or turn it off completely.

A friend also told me this, if it is so bad to put 87 in the car, then why wouldn't it void the warranty?

You know you can take that flag and shove it up your A$$ because I have been reading alot of your other posts and you seem to get proven wrong all the time. So you are saying that there is no need to EVER tune a car for exhaust unless it has forced induction? Damn dude you must ride it some slow a$$ street cars and you don't know what you are talking about....thanks glanga for backin me up

I thought you said it wouldn't bother you?

Im not saying any cars exhaust Im saying our car retard. I'm not the retard bsing about having some performance tune like you just did.

You really just dont know what the hell you are saying do you? I was proven wrong what like once cause I made a misstae going way back? Get off it and grow up little boy.

A friend also told me this, if it is so bad to put 87 in the car, then why wouldn't it void the warranty?

Trust me if they had a way to find out that it was 87 that blew something they would not honer the warranty.

Hey retard I never said that they did an awesome tune on it like a real performance shop would. They didn't adjust the air/fuel or anything like that. They simply put in that I had a K&N filter and some 40 series mufflers.

Another thing retard, do you realize you just went way off for no reason! I agree they may have done a flash for some simple things but its not a true performance tune!!!!!

And since when the hel do we need to flash it for a air filter?

You really don't think there aren't ways of telling what octane gas was put in? The car's computer itself should know since it has to adjust for it.

Isn't there a thread about this already. :) .

I am positive that as long as they have an ability to test it they would say you are out of luck. I am dead positive.

You find me one instance of a dealership telling a customer their warranty is void for putting in 87 octane instead of 91+. Maybe that would happen if some idiot put diesel in their car but I personally have never heard of that happening. And no, it's not that hard to tell if 87 was put in. When it comes to replacing a few thousand dollar engine I don't think it'd hurt to run a simple test on the fuel used. And like I said, even the car itself knows what kind of gas is being put into it so I'm sure the dealer can easily tell too if they wanted to.

When my dealership did my coils they asked me if I use premium gas. I told them yes, they then told me that if I had been using lower grade octane and it had caused the damage ( this was before they knew it was coils ) they would not honer the warranty. It may have just been a threat and something they couldnt hold up to but it is what they told me.

Thats all I am saying.

Another thing retard, do you realize you just went way off for no reason! I agree they may have done a flash for some simple things but its not a true performance tune!!!!!

And since when the hel do we need to flash it for a air filter?

Ok grandpa..I know you are getting old and your vision isn't like it use to be but I said that my car origially went to the dealership to get a new transmission put in it so when they were going to do the flash tune they asked me if I had any aftermarket parts on the car. Did I break it down enough for you grandpa? I also recall glanga proving you wrong on a topic like two days ago....so that is two in like two days....I would say you are not creditable...sorry I guess technology has surpassed your old a$$

2003 LS v8

25 mpg one the highway / 21 mpg on average with some city driving mixed in.

2000 LS v8

my average is about 16 city / 27 freeway

however, occasionally ive been able to get spectacular gas mileage, this pic is from an about 15 mile stretch on M43 west of Lansing, no traffic, cruise set on 55.

04-11-08_1117.jpg

That ain't nothing! I can get 99.9 coasting downhill!

That ain't nothing! I can get 99.9 coasting downhill!

yeah, yeah, yeah, this particular stretch is dead flat, which is why i chose it to test how good i could get. I don't know which direction the wind was blowing but i remember it wasn't significantly gusty.

on the other hand, ive gotten 12-14 in city driving through east lansing in the summer with the a/c on, so its all relative.

i was driving behind a semi for 50 miles right after my battery cable was off and the ecu was flashed and the car thought i was getting crazy gas mileage toook awhile for it to fix its self but it was nice to pretend i was going to get 570 miles to a talk

My car showed me 25.5mpg on the dash display on a trip from atlanta to NYC last November. This was on a stock tune and at over 80mph the majority of the trip. My around town mileage shows about 14.0-14.5 depending on if I actually get on a highway. It's all mainly local driving for me.

Just took a 260 mile trip from Maryland to near Raleigh NC. No traffic and relatively flat land the entire route. I weigh about 185, one passenger weighing about 110, and another weighing about 120. Approx 40 lbs of luggage. 18 inch afternarket wheels with proper sized tires. PSI at 29psi all around. 92 Octane premium. 5w-30 synthetic, stock OEM air filter with about 5k miles on it, rest of car 100% stock. Set cruise at indicated 68mph and 2krpm. (Avic D3 showed the speed to be 64.5mph..so not sure which one is more accurate, especially since VSS not connected on AVIC) Had a consistent 28.2mpg reading over the course of about 100 miles. Changed to a set 82mph and approx 2500rpm, and then hit "reset" on the MPG setting. Average about 25.7mpg over about 75 miles. In city, I can squeak out 16.9 if Im real light with the gas pedal. Ie keeping rpms at 2k or less as much as possible.

Members online

Back