Mpg

2005 LS V8 Ultimate Factory Specs, 18.0 - 19.0 city / 25.0 - 26.0 highway

City mileage is real world driving, jackrabbit starts, minimal cruising at 50 MPH.

Highway was a trip from Illinois to Texas, cruise control 75 - 80 with occasional 95 MPH to pass or show up the imports.

2000 V8 model
12.7 mpg's in city traffic but get 23-26 on the highway going about 80.
List of mods that effects the gas mileage:
20" wheels
a system in the trunk(1 memphis modular M-1 15" dvc)
KKM intake pipe with filter
weld-in flowmaster 40 series mufflers
flash tuned by the dealership for the mufflers, filter, and wheels

:shifty:

They can do that?

yep, but when I said that they tuned it for the filter thats it not for the intake pipe. They can do simple flash tunes. Now if I would have put a catback then they can't do it but seeing all I have are weld-in mufflers they can. Simple little tweaks they can do nothing major though.

What did they need to tune.? I never ever heard of this. I know they have some flash updates for like the trans and all but I never heard of any dealer doing anything like this except for a SCT dealer/installer.

What did they need to tune.? I never ever heard of this. I know they have some flash updates for like the trans and all but I never heard of any dealer doing anything like this except for a SCT dealer/installer.
+1

Hows the weather in San Diego now? I left San Diego on Feb 21st from bootcamp and it was 71 that day and when I landed in Kansas it was 17 with snow.

Sunny and ~70º.

VIS1SAN.GIF

I live in nebraska where you putting 89 in your car? i live in nebraska and i only put 91+ in my car theres a gas station with 93 but its not cheap and i dono if its worth it

Here's my mpg history (yes i'm weird like that with making charts... :rolleyes: ). v8, mixed use

a graph.jpg

Well bring your car to the dealership and they will tell you the same thing I am telling you. My car went to the dealership originally to get a brand new transmission put in it and while it was there I asked them if they could do anything to program the ECU to the list of mods I had including the wheels and all so nothing would damage my new transmission. The dealership has a programmer very similar to the SCT tuner but it is limited unlike the SCT tuner.

Well bring your car to the dealership and they will tell you the same thing I am telling you. My car went to the dealership originally to get a brand new transmission put in it and while it was there I asked them if they could do anything to program the ECU to the list of mods I had including the wheels and all so nothing would damage my new transmission. The dealership has a programmer very similar to the SCT tuner but it is limited unlike the SCT tuner.
The dealer can change the computer to take into account tire size, some gear ratio changes and minor things but cannot do a performance tune beyond flashing the latest total flash for your car. They can also add or subtract daytime running lights (although deleting this option in Canada is illegal).

Well I have to take it to the one you took yours to in that case cause mine and no others do anything related to performance what so ever.

Why would any car need a tune for the exhaust?

Guys tell him not to make me wave my flag again, please!:D

Well I have to take it to the one you took yours to in that case cause mine and no others do anything related to performance what so ever.

Why would any car need a tune for the exhaust?

Guys tell him not to make me wave my flag again, please!:D

Apparently you work on your LS yourself and never have brought it to the dealer but mine goes to the dealer whenever it has a problem. You tune the exhaust because it is more free-flowing. You can wave your flag all you want it doesn't bother me.

If your dealership around where you live cannot do a simple flash tune than I feel sorry for you but around here they can. SORRY

If you are significantly into improving the power/drivability of your LS, you should have an XCAL.Check with ILLS.
KS

Apparently you work on your LS yourself and never have brought it to the dealer but mine goes to the dealer whenever it has a problem. You tune the exhaust because it is more free-flowing. You can wave your flag all you want it doesn't bother me.

If your dealership around where you live cannot do a simple flash tune than I feel sorry for you but around here they can. SORRY

:bsflag:

No single dealer has the ability to flash the damn thing for performance tunes in those of which you state and again I am not the only one telling you this. I never ever heard of a tune for the exhaust for any car especially considering the fact that the LS exhaust be it aftermarket or stock is within the ratio to the amount of HP you will see anyways ( again unless you go for a forced induction app ).

And no, I never did much to my car myself except for maybe oil changes and wheels. Maybe some other minor things as well.

Actually they can flash and change certain things in the car's ecu and the Cadillac dealership has had to do this for me many times. And they could've changed his egr settings in regards to the exhaust tuning he is talking about.

Actually they can flash and change certain things in the car's ecu and the Cadillac dealership has had to do this for me many times. And they could've changed his egr settings in regards to the exhaust tuning he is talking about.

Is this at all in regards to performance. Like I originally stated, I know they can flash for certain things but they do not have capability of doing a true performance tune.

This is what I have gone by according to every Ford Lincoln Mercury dealer in my area so if anyone else that knows more on the LS and flash tuning agrees let me know cause I would love to make it that much more simple. I mean, why would you buy the SCT? Why would every member here invest so much into it if we could just go to the dealer?

When I bought the cts-v whoever owned it before me power programmed it and it messed the car up big time. Stability control would randomly kick on and lock up the brakes on a certain wheel which wasn't very comforting on the highway. I took it to the Cadillac dealership they tried reflashing the ecu numerous times on different occasion back to stock but it never helped. They eventually went into the ecu and physcially changed the settings that the bad power program had messed up which eventually worked. I noticed a lack of power after they had done which I assume if they have the ability to manually change settings in this way back to stock, then they can do the opposite without giving it a full reflash.

Members online

Back