Mpg

98powerstang

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I am new here. I am selling my 2002 Mustang GT so I can buy a Lincoln LS. I was wondering what do you guys get for MPG in the V6 and V8 engines on an avg?

I get around 19mpg driving to school and such around town and 22mpg taking trips down to my shorehouse which is mostly highway and back roads. 2000 V8.

you must live where the roads are very long and constant with no traffic lights. damn how do you get 19 lol

17-18 around town (Virginia suburbs), 21-22 highway. (2000 V8).

Highest I've hit was 24.3 driving from DE to VA in the middle of the night with no traffic and cruise control set to 65 the whole way (all highway).

I'm getting 20 right now. 19.8 on average around town. Do alot of mixed driving so it stays in the 19-20 range. Still sucks. I would like 40+ on reg gas and still have a car with some balls.

I have one of each. The V6 gets the same in-town mileage as the V8. On the freeway the V8 gets ~2mpg better.

How much cheaper is the V6 compared to the V8?

If you get a 2000-2002, I wouldn't bother with the V6. If you opt for the 2003-2006 the choice is a little harder. The early V8s had 252 hp/267 ftlp, the V6 210/205. The '03-'06 V6 has 232/220 and the V8 280/286. The LS is a pretty heavy car, pushing 3800 pounds, so the V6 has to work pretty hard to push that mass around. According to Edmunds, there is about a $1500 difference between '03 V6 and V8.

After doing my spark plugs, air filter, fuel filter and coils I have been getting 22.5 mpg on 80% highway driving. Much better from my previous 18.8 mpg before doing the maintenance.

I have a 2000 V8

2000 v8 17-18 city and 23-24 highway avg~80 I just replaced the $10 fuel filter and noticed a 3 mpg increase in city and highway way worth the $10

I may go with the V8. I just trying to get lower payments and insurance then my GT cause this fall I start college and going into criminal justice.

My car showed me 25.5mpg on the dash display on a trip from atlanta to NYC last November. This was on a stock tune and at over 80mph the majority of the trip. My around town mileage shows about 14.0-14.5 depending on if I actually get on a highway. It's all mainly local driving for me.

04 v6 here. I just got back from a week-long trip to Nashville with a stop off in Memphis for the Beale Street Music Festival (~1200 mi). I kept all receipts for gas and averaged 23.7 (running a steady 75 on the highways). I saw a high of 25.6 on one tank.

My typical average is around 19 city and 23 highway.

BTW as far as insurance goes the LS is much safer than a mustang so your rates should be better... even with the v8.

Once I hit 100k on this LS I plan to get a loaded 06... should have gotten the v8 in the first place.

So ya I may just go with the V8. Since the V6 seems alittle under powered and I plan on putting 20"s on it.

yeah deffenetly go with the V8 .

i get 19-20 mpg city driving with out rippin on it

descent for a V8 i guess

my mpg gauge reads a constant 25-26 with 80% highway driving 01 v8 stock makes me think my gauge might be a little off?? or maybe im just lucky!!

i have a lead foot but use cruise on the highway so i get 16.5 city and 28-31 highway

A big portion of the mpg equation is where you live. Here in Kahleefornya we have so many additives in the gas there isn't much gas left! I notice a bump of at least 2 mpg when I get real gas from out of state. I got real gas in Wyoming while on vacation last year. Doing 85+ I was getting over 27 mpg. Put in some of that ethanol crap in Nebraska and by best at ~80 was ~24 mpg.

A big portion of the mpg equation is where you live. Here in Kahleefornya we have so many additives in the gas there isn't much gas left! I notice a bump of at least 2 mpg when I get real gas from out of state. I got real gas in Wyoming while on vacation last year. Doing 85+ I was getting over 27 mpg. Put in some of that ethanol crap in Nebraska and by best at ~80 was ~24 mpg.

Hows the weather in San Diego now? I left San Diego on Feb 21st from bootcamp and it was 71 that day and when I landed in Kansas it was 17 with snow.

Members online

Back