Moog LCA Variation

Go X-15 Go

LVC Member
Reaction score
I ordered K80055 and K80053 LCAs from Rock Auto, and two different designs arrived. The left has the new Moog Problem Solver ball joint with a zerk fitting, and it does not need a rubber boot. The casting is not TRW either, and it is resin coated instead of black powdercoat. The right is the same as it has been in the past.

The left side clearly appears to be a superior design. I will take pics later. Too tired. Hunted for the new design with no luck locally because I want both sides to match. In my haste I installed what I got from Rock Auto so I guess I have to live with it until I can find the new design.

Bottom line is I'm not sure retailers are aware of the RK##### versus the K##### that is listed on the Moog catalog:

Control Arm w/Ball Joint

RK80053

LX; Front Left Lower; Mid-Grade

K80053

LX; Front Left Lower; Problem Solver; Incl. arm to frame bushing; Incl. arm to strut bushing

What brand where the arms labeled as? Lots of times you will get a TRW part, in a MOOG box. The other thing is I know for a fact is that a MOOG problem solver ball joint does require a boot. Good luck!

Yeah I've seen the ball joint sold individually with a boot, but this one has a heavy steel jacket that doesn't expose the ball joint whatsoever. I'll keep researching and have a word with Rock Auto because I don't doubt you are right. If anyone else can verify anything that'd be great.

I just purchased 2 moog upper and 2 lower lca's from advance, and they were all trw parts. NO problem solver ball joints.

I ordered from Rockauto when I received 2 different types. Rhe pics both showed the TRW arm. Could have been a mix-up at the factory. Maybe I should have complained.

Members online

No members online now.
Back