MonsterMark Seafoam Tuneup.

can anyone send me some sea foam if i paypal them some cash? i can't buy it here in canada.

PioneerCrazed said:
Nice vid. What do you have for exhaust, sounds mean! I like it...
4" MagnaPacks. Way too much drone for me. I like Geno's setup better but I didn't want to cut up the perfectly good and almost new condition stainless exhaust from the factory. To really get a killer sound, you need 2-1/2"pipes all the back. I wanted to keep the stock exhaust tips and keep the mufflers hidden and these worked out great. I have a stainles 2 in/out Magnaflow I might put n next so see what that does for the drone. After that, time to call Geno.

Twice I have had cops chase after someone when I stomped on it. I say 'after someone' because they went flying past me in my little old Mark, just idling along, looking for that stang or bird to hand out a ticket. Got to love a sleeper when you got one.
attachment.jpg

IM000167.JPG

MonsterMark said:
1) Locate the EGR (edit: PCV) on the drivers head in the back. (Its Grey)
2) Pull it from the valve cover.
3) Rotate it to break the seal and pull it from the black rubber hose
4) Gently pull (untangle) the black rigid tube and free it to hang loose.
5) Put the seafoam in a bucket so you can control the amount of volume being slurped in. As previously posted, a little at a time to about 1/3 left and then slug the rest down to get the motor to die, if it doesn't choke off. Turn it off immediately. Let it sit.
6) last pic. On the 2nd gen, we have 2 of these heat recirculation tubes going in to the intake to help with cold starts and warmup. I'm too lazy to pull the cover on the 1st Gen to take pics of whats there for you guys. Someone else will have to do. Everything happens on the passenger side on a Gen 1.

Thanks Bryan, Your the best, I don't care what Joey says about you! :N

Yeah, I did this in my GMC...worked great until I finally got a chance to take the top end off and clean it by hand.

I'm going to be doing this on Sunday, just because it sounds like it works for many.

So I fill up, then after, pour approximately how much Seafoam in the tank ? I will also put some in through the PCV until it stalls, correct ?

After the car stalls, wait how long to restart ? I know it's going to be little rough restarting then, after it starts, how do you go about revving ? What's the best procedure while revving to clear out the smoke and carbon ?

Which RPM's to rev up to and how long ? Then just repeat until smoke is complete ?

Thanks. :Beer

67Continental said:
can anyone send me some sea foam if i paypal them some cash? i can't buy it here in canada.

do you know if there is some kinda explosive factor involveed if i ship it to you?
mike

yes unfortunately - kbob called the post office and they told him they couldn't ship it because of that :(

Just read the directions. It says to slowly pour 1/3 of the can into your vacuum source, shut off the engine and restart after 5 minutes.

check engine light

well i did the seafoam thing and about 5 mins after starting the car i'm on the highway and the check engine light comes on :slam
anyone have any idea why?

joeydm090682 said:
well i did the seafoam thing and about 5 mins after starting the car i'm on the highway and the check engine light comes on :slam

from what i have read elsewhere online ,some cars do this,and clear up,and others need new o2 sensors..
thats all i know,no first hand exp. here

mike

Ok, I got the Seafoam and I am going to be putting some in tomorrow. I am unsure of a couple things...

When putting the seamfoam in the fuel tank, should I have the car on or off ?

How long do I let the seafoam sit in there and cycle ? Then when do I start revving to release the buildup ?

First time using this stuff, so I want to make sure I do it right.

StraDog said:
Ok, I got the Seafoam and I am going to be putting some in tomorrow. I am unsure of a couple things...

When putting the seamfoam in the fuel tank, should I have the car on or off ?

How long do I let the seafoam sit in there and cycle ? Then when do I start revving to release the buildup ?

First time using this stuff, so I want to make sure I do it right.

1. Turn Car Off putting it in the fuel tank has different effects then putting it directly in via PCV Valve.

2. If using PCV method let sit about 20 minutes other methods such as mixing with gas or oil you just drive it like normal.

3. IF using via PCV after you start it (will be hard at first) rev it up right then and keep doing it until most of it is gone then drive it like you stole it. If using other methods just drive it like you normally would.

Hope this helps!

joeydm090682 said:
If you put it in the vaccum line you might have a vaccum leak setting off the code. I would check those fittings 1st.

1st or 2nd Gen? How many miles? Engine condition?

thanks monstermark
i checked the vaccum lines i couldnt find any lose lines but i made sure everything was tight and the light didnt come on anymore
so i guess something was lose, oh and it just rolled to 70,000 today :L

Increased mpg after Seafoam and plugs

Hey....... first post here. Had used the "other board" on occasion. Like the tempo here. Filled out the intro message box thing when I signed up, dunno if/when that rolls in. No matter .... it's all good.

Screwed my user name- not watching what I typed. My 97 base is silver ..... but I typed "slivermark". Mavis Bacon would beat me.

Changed plugs last weekend and did the Seafoam drill...... mpg's went from 24.4 to 26. It's freaky that the Mark gets that good a mileage. I have always used Seafoam in the tank, but this was the first time under the hood. I'm sure some increase was from the new plugs but they weren't in bad shape. Anyway, I'm thinking.... Seafoam 2 or 3 times a year with the intake method.

Been reading lots of post. You guys got it goin on. Keep it comming.

sliverman :rolleyes:

slivermark3.jpg

slivermark2.jpg

slivermark said:
Hey....... first post here.
Welcome to the site. Maybe Joey or an admin can change your name for you.

Word of Caution guys.

If you have a high mileage car that has seen regular upkeep, ie:eek:il changes, etc., I would go easy on this stuff. It causes a lot of stuff (gunk) to free up and sometimes that is not a good thing. Potential hazards are clogging an injector or two if placed in the gas tank. Clooging an oil passage if put in the oil, etc. Just an FYI to be careful if your car is not in top condition that's all.

MonsterMark said:
Word of Caution guys.

If you have a high mileage car that has seen regular upkeep, ie:eek:il changes, etc., I would go easy on this stuff. It causes a lot of stuff (gunk) to free up and sometimes that is not a good thing. Potential hazards are clogging an injector or two if placed in the gas tank. Clooging an oil passage if put in the oil, etc. Just an FYI to be careful if your car is not in top condition that's all.
After reading the posts and asking the questions I finally did it to mine today. However, I think I did something wrong after printing and following the posts on how to use it I did everything exactly as posted. But,when I went to start the car again after the suggested time frame, it started right up with no hesitation and didn't blow out any smoke. I was really looking forward to that part just so it would go into the neighbors house behind me,because he's a D*CK and threw a rock at my dog, he's lucky he was in the pen or he would've ripped him apart. I was sorely disappointed when that didn't happen,the smoke or the ripping apart part. DI*K!

Did you suck it up via the PCV Valve? and also when it was almost all gone did you suck up alot and it kill the engine? or you just shut it off?

SilverMark said:
Hey....... first post here. Had used the "other board" on occasion. Like the tempo here. Filled out the intro message box thing when I signed up, dunno if/when that rolls in. No matter .... it's all good.

Screwed my user name- not watching what I typed. My 97 base is silver ..... but I typed "slivermark". Mavis Bacon would beat me.

Changed plugs last weekend and did the Seafoam drill...... mpg's went from 24.4 to 26. It's freaky that the Mark gets that good a mileage. I have always used Seafoam in the tank, but this was the first time under the hood. I'm sure some increase was from the new plugs but they weren't in bad shape. Anyway, I'm thinking.... Seafoam 2 or 3 times a year with the intake method.

Been reading lots of post. You guys got it goin on. Keep it comming.

sliverman :rolleyes:

NICE SLIVER MARK VIII DUDE!!!!!

There are 122,000 miles on my 94, the engine runs decently enough, is this stuff going to be safe to use with the PCV method? I have never used Seafoam before but after seeing some of the pics of the crap inside higher mileage engines I am tempted to try.

I used it on my Town Car with 127k its a 93 worked fine for me. BIG Improvment smoother idle and more responsive being the most noticeable. No Problems whatsoever not even a check engine light :)

klutch said:
Did you suck it up via the PCV Valve? and also when it was almost all gone did you suck up alot and it kill the engine? or you just shut it off?
I put about half a can in a container, left the engine running, removed the pcv from the hose, held the container and shoved the hose that had the pcv valve in it, after that was gone I dumped the rest of the can into the hole where the pcv was. It sputtered and that was it, I put on a new pcv and put it back in place. Then I shut the car off waited 5-10 minutes and turned it back on,I got no hesitation like I thought I would and I gave it gas to get the rpms up and that was it. No smoke, nothing. I wonder if it didn't need it because I've always used shell V-power and that stuff is supposed to clean your engine as you drive. I was really looking forward to the smoke too. I guess it didn't do any damage because the cars still running fine and took to the highway nice as usual.

It said put 1/3 in the engine and have the PCV valve line suck the rest up untill almost garn. By controling the flow you will prevent your car from dieing untill you have a little left then used that to kill your car. I have a 96 Mark VIII with 134k on it and no problem with it, it did what it suppose to do, it smoke like hell, the only thing I notice is smoother ideling, I know I need a tune up, I get about 18 mpg, the first time when I bought my car I was getting 19 mpg in city, on the way to kansas city I got 28 mpg according to my computer, that was a year ago, I haven't been on the highway since then, so I don't know how much it get now.

Members online

Back