MonsterMark Seafoam Tuneup.

I just did the seafoam tuneup and I must say, I was surprised at the results. The car usually shakes a bit at idle, and you could feel the vibration and see it. The car also would hesitate if you would rev it for a split second, and did this even after the recent tuneup. I did as the instructions stated, and when I started it back up there was enough smoke that cars passing on the road 20 feet away had to slow down because they could not see. The smoke cleared up a few minutes later with me reving to 4500+ rpm. I turned it off and started it back up a few minutes later and the idle was smooth as glass, about as smooth as my 96 had been. I reved it up and no hesitation, and it seems to have a bit more power than before. I am interested to see what this will result in at the track, but I have to drop at off at the tranny shop tomorrow to get the 1-2 and 2-3 accumulator pistons changed and the fluid switched to Mercon V. I am guessing high 14's are a safe bet since I have already turned a 15.04 with the tranny slipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
scott9050 said:
I just did the seafoam tuneup and I must say, I was surprised at the results.
I accept tips as a gratuity.
icon10.gif

i'm going to give it a try tonight , i don't like knowing my car runs mid 15's when the imrc's don't open
113,000 miles i'm sure its due

well i did it last night , i don't see any differance on my car , did make a pretty cool looking smoke show though

I just seafoamed mine today. It smoked like crazy for about 20 seconds, then it was over. I drove it and it does idle better. I still need an O2 sensor, though.

Members online

No members online now.
Back