Mock Top

Seem to be big with the FL dealerships.

From the photo it look like it is good quality workmenship.

Carriage top is not the look I go for.

What is with those people down there??? :yuck:

Only in Florida!:eyeroll:

I agree that it does not look good on that car...but thats not to say all mock tops look bad. Considering dropping one on my whip.

Not for me but i guess some of the older people like that

I like them too especially on bigger cars. I think they look good on the marks and caddys.

looks good... but in an old person way....

I wouldn't own it.

I agree that it does not look good on that car...but thats not to say all mock tops look bad. Considering dropping one on my whip.

If you are under the age of 82, shame on you for contemplating spending hundreds of dollars to make a Sports Sedan look like it has a convertible top...when it actually doesnt. And does anyone ever fall for the trick/believe one of those fake tops is a REAL convertible? WTF

I've actually seen some LS's with those tops from the factory riding around. They are very rare but they are out there. There was guy that was stationed up here in VA and he had an maroon LS and put an maroon top on it. Some of your probably seen his car on Cardomain. I thought it look kind of nice. I personally wouldn't put one on my car. I'm originally from the south and guys put tops like that on old school cars such as cutlass, regals, caddy's etc. I guess it's just a personal preference.

just to be clear - there was never a 'factory' option for this. In fact - Ford actually sent a memo out to the dealer network telling them NOT to do this as it was not in the direction they wanted the image to go... (BMW fighter).

Of course dealers did it anyways - selling the LS as a smaller towncar to the 85yr old lady that always buys Lincolns....

Blehhhh...There's always a way to riun a nice car. This is one of them...

I've actually seen some LS's with those tops from the factory riding around. They are very rare but they are out there.
No, you haven't. NONE of them rolled off the Wixom assembly line with that "option" installed; those were all done after they arrived on dealers' lots.

As I understand it, there was actually a threat by the president of Lincoln (or was it the LS Program Manager?) of physical violence against any dealers who did that. Some of the longer-tenured LLSOC members can tell you about that--they heard it from the horse's mouth.

No, you haven't. NONE of them rolled off the Wixom assembly line with that "option" installed; those were all done after they arrived on dealers' lots.

As I understand it, there was actually a threat by the president of Lincoln (or was it the LS Program Manager?) of physical violence against any dealers who did that. Some of the longer-tenured LLSOC members can tell you about that--they heard it from the horse's mouth.

Yep. Jim Rogers, then VP of Marketing threatened to take a baseball bat to any dealership owner that did that. I was there when he said it. Jim said they could do whatever they wanted to the GM and TC but were to not touch the LS!

i think that it is ugly, and it seems to be a florida thing. just think, people actually paid extra money for that option

i think that it is ugly, and it seems to be a florida thing. just think, people actually paid extra money for that option

There are a lot of old people in Florida. They call it God's waiting room. I am in Florida, but not one of them...Yet..

Members online

No members online now.
Back